Tottenham Hotspur v Bayern Munich (01-10-19) (20:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That Son one on one in the first half...

Sonny could have had a hatrick, probably should have really with the chances he had and Tanguy had a chance easier than 4-5 of their ones. Fine margins won an drew lost that game, as well as a severe lack of focus at the end of each half and the hangover that occurred into the 2nd half.

I've said it before, our biggest issue is how long it takes us to lick our wounds and stop feeling sorry for ourselves after conceding a goal. We lack the ability to get over it quickly enough and time waits for no man.

Numerous times this season we have conceded a batch of goals within 5-10 minutes of a game of each other. We struggle to accept that the conceding of goals happens, we are too sensitive and don't have a positive, focused mindset enough to gain the levels required to do well.

Get Cliff Jones in there and talking to them to show them what a positive attitude can achieve. The bloke is relentless, more so than some who can actually play the game

Last edited:
Silver lining....

Scoreline means little unless we were expecting to finish top of the group (see head-2-head rules).

Pretty sad that you actually just sat there with a calculator.

But as you always do, your trademark move is to not discuss Spurs.

Why? Because you were wrong again. You have accused people of enjoying last night. Then surely that makes them happy clappers like you Mick.

Follow Poch over land and sea, and let the Spurs fans follow spurs.

One of the most shameless posters on here - his default position is to never to discuss the point but to attack the motives of the poster.

Poch is the best manager of his lifetime and that is it - no discussion to be had.

If he was on the titanic he is the type of person who being arguing that the ship is the best he has seen and cannot not sink whilst 90% it was under water .

Last edited:
Silver lining....

Scoreline means little unless we were expecting to finish top of the group (see head-2-head rules).
But would it count against us as per goal difference (unless of course, they thump everyone else in the group by the same number of goals - or even more!!)?

But would it count against us as per goal difference (unless of course, they thump everyone else in the group by the same number of goals - or even more!!)?

1. Head to head (W, L or D) record comes first, so it needn't be an issue..... i.e. If we're drawn on points with Olympiacos it comes down to who amassed the most points vs each other first.

2. Then I think it's goals scored against each other....

3. Then overall GD

......Anyone confirm 2 & 3?

If BM go unbeaten; in theory:

W & D vs Olympiacos
W & D vs Belgrade

....and we're through.

Last edited:
1. Head to head (W, L or D) record comes first, so it needn't be an issue..... i.e. If we're drawn on points with Olympiacos it comes down to who amassed the most points vs each other first.

2. Then I think it's goals scored against each other....

3. Then overall GD

......Anyone confirm 2 & 3?

If BM go unbeaten; in theory:

W & D vs Olympiacos
W & D vs Belgrade

....and we're through.
Thanks for that, bloomin' complicated though, but then, it may come out in our favour ;)

Didn't even see the game....

Was the result karmic revenge for me being elsewhere? :(

Can't bring myself to watch back now.

Ossie Wembley ... Grow some nuts and 'at' me if you're gonna cunt me off.

Being battered by BM doesn't mean that Poch has been shite for 6 years and, despite what your ego tells you, the result doesn't vindicate your endless depressing drone. However, you're ARE still an insipid, miserable cunt... You continue to blame actual supporters for our plight, but refuse to state what you have done to prevent any of it yourself.... Still waiting for your plane & banner to fly over WHL. MUG.

We move on.

The worlds biggest and bestest fan didn’t watch the game well I never.

The result doesn’t vindicate my position - six seasons and 0 trophies does.

The flaws in his management becoming apparent when this squad matured/ starts to break up does.

Everything I said about him has come to pass - everything you said did not.

Even now you cannot own your failure and I gave you the solution countless times. At no time does a supporter give a manager a free pass which is what you did. At no time does a supporter of this club stay quiet when a manager states that the domestic trophies are not a priority and winning the FA cup is simply ego.

When no expectations or pressure is placed on a manager and instead an endless array of excuses granted is it any wonder that the best Spurs side in a generation has been wasted? You are an absolute embarrassment of a supporter because you have put the interests of an employee over the club you support.

The flaws in his management becoming apparent when this squad matured/ starts to break up does.

Even now you cannot own your failure and I gave you the solution countless times. At no time does a supporter give a manager a free pass which is what you did. At no time does a supporter of this club stay quiet when a manager states that the domestic trophies are not a priority and winning the FA cup is simply ego.

When no expectations or pressure is placed on a manager and instead an endless array of excuses granted is it any wonder that the best Spurs side in a generation has been wasted? You are an absolute embarrassment of a supporter because you have put the interests of an employee over the club you support.

You have to admit though Ossie Wembley , it is far harder to win trophies now than it ever has been.

Look at since Pep & Klopp rucked up, we have 25 man strong squad s now that allow for 2nd strings for our rivals with wedge to send out star studded 2nd XIs. The pressing game for those 25 Man superstar squads wipes the floor with a team that has a good first XI but comes up short money wise to appease a further XI to push them.

It's no surprise to me to see City dominating cups these days as well. We should of course be doing better but the three highest points totals ever achieved by PL clubs has occurred 3 times over the last couple of years. Both Pep and Klopps efforts have gained more points than Mourinho's Chelsea, Ferguson's Manu U outfits and Wengers star studded Woolwich teams. We had all four finalists in European competition last season an drew our quality on these shores has seen multiple teams smash their transfer records this year and last.

It's far tougher now to win a trophy than it was 5-15 years ago. We need to respect the circumstances and the change that's happened in football with it regardless of our underperformance.

Christ, you're a twat! ....I couldn't get a ticket, and took the rare opportunity to see a band that I love instead.

You talk such shit....

Tell me, what did I predict?

Show me something that amounts to me giving the guy a "free pass"....

Appreciating the progress between when he took over and the peaks of his reign is not "making excuses" nor does it make me a "failure".... I've thoroughly enjoyed supporting the club through the bulk of the last 6 years.... You've sat whinging; win, lose or draw.... Grinding your teeth when we have done well..... How have I lost?

You mock using the 'best fan' line, but you're actually acting like this is some kind of competition; you think you've won... It's laughable.

What the fuck have you done to 'protect' the club from your perceived tyranny of Poch?

You're a fucking idiot and a miserable shit-stain of a 'man'.

Looking forward to the weekend.... I bet you're not.

Looking back it's definitely a bit of a freak result. Most of their goals were placed perfectly in the corner, some of which on another day the keeper saves or the shot goes wide. Bayern are obviously a very good side but I think we definitely made them look better than they are and if they defend against some of the top teams like they did against us then they will struggle imo.

Looking back it's definitely a bit of a freak result. Most of their goals were placed perfectly in the corner, some of which on another day the keeper saves or the shot goes wide. Bayern are obviously a very good side but I think we definitely made them look better than they are and if they defend against some of the top teams like they did against us then they will struggle imo.
They took us apart and you have to accept that, analyse why and correct it. To think we were in some way unlucky is simply brushing problems under the carpet. Their finishing was clinical and putting the ball right in a corner is the most difficult shot a keeper can have. As for making them look good that was because after the fourth goal we totally capitulated.
We were not unlucky in any way, our frailties were exposed and exploited. Unless that is consciously accepted and acted upon then we cannot move forward.
You learn from your mistakes but first you must admit you made them and not look for excuses.

They took us apart and you have to accept that, analyse why and correct it. To think we were in some way unlucky is simply brushing problems under the carpet. Their finishing was clinical and putting the ball right in a corner is the most difficult shot a keeper can have. As for making them look good that was because after the fourth goal we totally capitulated.
We were not unlucky in any way, our frailties were exposed and exploited. Unless that is consciously accepted and acted upon then we cannot move forward.
You learn from your mistakes but first you must admit you made them and not look for excuses.

I meant freak scoreline more than freak result, apologies. We deserved to lose, obviously, but my post was talking more about Bayern than us. First half we cut them open a few times and I wasn't overly impressed with them defensively. I don't think they're as good as people are going to think they are, it was mostly due to us being so bad at the back.

I meant freak scoreline more than freak result, apologies. We deserved to lose, obviously, but my post was talking more about Bayern than us. First half we cut them open a few times and I wasn't overly impressed with them defensively. I don't think they're as good as people are going to think they are, it was mostly due to us being so bad at the back.
Fair comment my friend.... :thumbup:

You have to admit though Ossie Wembley , it is far harder to win trophies now than it ever has been.

Look at since Pep & Klopp rucked up, we have 25 man strong squad s now that allow for 2nd strings for our rivals with wedge to send out star studded 2nd XIs. The pressing game for those 25 Man superstar squads wipes the floor with a team that has a good first XI but comes up short money wise to appease a further XI to push them.

It's no surprise to me to see City dominating cups these days as well. We should of course be doing better but the three highest points totals ever achieved by PL clubs has occurred 3 times over the last couple of years. Both Pep and Klopps efforts have gained more points than Mourinho's Chelsea, Ferguson's Manu U outfits and Wengers star studded Woolwich teams. We had all four finalists in European competition last season an drew our quality on these shores has seen multiple teams smash their transfer records this year and last.

It's far tougher now to win a trophy than it was 5-15 years ago. We need to respect the circumstances and the change that's happened in football with it regardless of our underperformance.
Bingo.
But hey, why bother with obvious issues like that when you are so arrogant that you cant see past your own half arsed opinions? Like a lot of people who are inadequately provisioned with the capacity to work through evidence to understand the underlying issues, people like him keep banging the same drum to the same beat because they have nothing else to offer. The ignore button is a wonderful device for posters of such limited horizons.
Rather like the people who berate Pochettino for playing his favourite players. What is he supposed to do, ignore his experience and knowledge, and come on here and conduct a poll to pick his team, asking a bunch of self declared experts whose total experience is playing football at school to help him select a premier league team?
One dimensional half wits, with no idea, basically.

Back
Top Bottom