Tottenham Hotspur v Bayern Munich (01-10-19) (20:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't wait for this. Wearing my Lamela shirt in the south stand against Bayern Munich.

What a time to be a Spurs fan when this is what we're used to. Going toe-to-toe with the biggest clubs in the world.

Enjoy brother.

Have the alarm set at 4.30 am... Coffee brewing, ( and maybe a shot of whisky ).. Wish I was there.

ENVY :)

Lads, can you remember the early noughties, we couldn't have dreamed of being a fixture in CL football. These are the nights we could only dream of. I think we win 3-1 tonight. Sonny with a brace, kane penalty. Aurier OG :lamelaaghh:

These are the games that can turn form around, it’s really important we show up in this, not just for the points. It’s been a bad start to the season but let’s get behind the boys tonight, i for one will be singing my nut off

This can get us back on track

If Bayern come to dominate this might actually be one of those rare occasions where the Son/Kane/Lucas front 3 actually works.

Although I think lamela is also a must do maybe 4231?

Looked at the Spurs v. Bayern Munich details from 1982 and 1983, big games, but nothing like now. Tonight is back to the Glory, Glory Nights of the 60s. Let's hope the performance fits the bill. COYS !

Im a huge fan of Son, but what the fuck does Lucas need to get a start. If not this game then why didn't he start against Saints.
why should tottenham's best or one of the best player, Son, be dropped for Lucas!? Son has already been rested for two games prior to this recently including the first champions league games. lucas has never even scored in a home game in the champions league LOL.

this is absurd. Son should play. if anything Kane should be dropped since he has played more recently.

Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Winks
Sissoko - Ndombele
Eriksen
Son - Kane
Hopefully Dele and Lucas both get minutes too. A win here could ignite our season.

I’m hoping the fact this game will end up costing most fans near on a ton once the night is over doesn’t make for a shitty atmosphere! CL nights at the NWHL were immense last season, if we can get the same going tonight I think we win easily, if it’s packed out with tourists and day trippers then the game has officially gone!

If I stand up and don’t sit down pretty much immediately I get a 3 game ban.

Welcome to White Hart Lane 2019.

why should tottenham's best or one of the best player, Son, be dropped for Lucas!? Son has already been rested for two games prior to this recently including the first champions league games. lucas has never even scored in a home game in the champions league LOL.

What about that peach of a goal away to Olympiakos?

What about all those crucial away goals though?

No group stages without Lucas. No final without Lucas.

When's the last time Sonny scored a CL goal at home?

Aren't away goals typically deemed harder to come by anyway?

I see little to laugh about.

this is absurd. Son should play. if anything Kane should be dropped since he has played more recently.

Ahhhh.... Your true agenda revealed once more. Your "anyone but Son" fanboyism is what's "absurd" if your core interest here is Spurs (rather than Heung Min Son, the individual).

Kane was rested a week ago; not even on the bench for Colchester... Pressumably so he could play against BM.

If I stand up and don’t sit down pretty much immediately I get a 3 game ban.

Welcome to White Hart Lane 2019.

Sucks, but it's been that way for years now.... Last season at the old Lane was a bit more tolerant, but if had near misses on a number of occasions in the past. In truth, it's little to do with the new gaff.

Since we've been away peeps seem to have convinced themselves certain sections such as Park Lane were so-called standing areas. They weren't.

What about that peach of a goal away to Olympiakos?

What about all those crucial away goals though?

No group stages without Lucas. No final without Lucas.

When's the last time Sonny scored a CL goal at home?

Aren't away goals typically deemed harder to come by anyway?

I see little to laugh about.

Ahhhh.... Your true agenda revealed once more. Your "anyone but Son" fanboyism is what's "absurd" if your core interest here is Spurs (rather than Heung Min Son, the individual).

Kane was rested a week ago; not even on the bench for Colchester... Pressumably so he could play against BM.

Against Man Citeh, our first ever CL goal at the new stadium.

He didn't score against Ajax granted but that was because he was suspended.

:pochsmirk:

Personally I'd drop Eriksen but for Lamela not Lucas. Son and Kane both have to start imo.

Back
Top Bottom