Tottenham Hotspur v Bayern Munich (01-10-19) (20:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This Kane sonnet.... During the game and in multiple threads throughout the evening since.

Isn't your point essentially 'we don't press, cos Kane can't press'?

...maybe you aren't reading my post properly?

I asked you why Son/Lucas aren't leading the press instead. Even if you drop Kane to a #10 as per your wishes, he will still be required to press, he just won't be leading it.

If this is a legit problem, then what you propose evidently won't solve it; you've just conceded as much.
Problem is, Poch clearly has something personal against Lucas and appears to use him only as a last resort. It's such a waste of talent.

jjFjaWQ.jpg

Gazza, Davies, Sanchez, Wanayama, Alli, Eriksen, Kane

Wow. Are you sure we can't slot Tanganga and Parrot in (perhaps in place of Sissoko)?

Same team as Southampton.

Any old win will do for me.

No scrappy win for me. I want us to systematically take them apart with non stop pressing and 'in your face' aggression. An early goal in the first 15 mins to settle the nerves followed by a second to kill them off just before half time. Doesn't matter what changes they make for the second half, we come out all guns blazing and go three up on the hour. Dazed,battered and bewildered we continue to pummel them and on the 75th minute make two substitutions that ensure the pace remains relentless. Unable to breathe they totter about the pitch desperately trying for some meaningful possession. We press forward again and in the last five minutes put the icing on the cake with a Harry Kane screamer from 30 yards out. 4-0 Get In !!

:thumbup: :coys:

DARE TO DREAM

Lloris
Aurier-Toby-Jan-Davies
Winks-Sissoko
Lucas-Lamela-Son
Kane

Big performance here, beat Brighton at the weekend, and we can get this season on the right track.

No scrappy win for me. I want us to systematically take them apart with non stop pressing and 'in your face' aggression. An early goal in the first 15 mins to settle the nerves followed by a second to kill them off just before half time. Doesn't matter what changes they make for the second half, we come out all guns blazing and go three up on the hour. Dazed,battered and bewildered we continue to pummel them and on the 75th minute make two substitutions that ensure the pace remains relentless. Unable to breathe they totter about the pitch desperately trying for some meaningful possession. We press forward again and in the last five minutes put the icing on the cake with a Harry Kane screamer from 30 yards out. 4-0 Get In !!

:thumbup: :coys:

DARE TO DREAM
7-1 apparently!

Wasn't too concerned when the draw was made, bricking it now though.

Olympiacos were a lot better than I expected. I know they won't be as good away from home, but based on our game I think they play better football than Inter. I think I would've preferred one of the lower teams from Germany or France compared to them.

Back
Top Bottom