Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (A) (16/02/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris
Aurier Sanchez Toby Davies
Winks
Lo Celso Ndombele
Son Dele Bergwijn

Put Gedson in Lo Celso’s place if he is still injured (please be fit Gio). I want to see Lo celso/winks/Ndombele on the pitch together. I think that’s the way for us to start actually winning the midfield battle.

Lloris
Aurier - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Davies
Winks
Gedson - Lo Celso
Bergwijn - Dele - Son

I'm not sure Gedson or Davies should start. Gedson from the bench, no way Tanganga deserves to be dropped?

Using my limited French "slowly slowly catch a monkey"

You could play with Aurier - Tanganga - Alderweireld - Davies
You might be right yeah. Rushing Davies back straight into the starting eleven seems rash though, since he hasn't kicked a ball in yonks. Sanchez / Alderweireld seem to the manager's preferred pairing at the moment too. Still, that might change I guess

We play Villa at the weekend, Leipzig mid week and then Chelsea the following weekend.

We are going to need to rotate our squad to get what we want out of all 3 matches.

Are you being serious?

Edit:

I got yellow carded and called a racist cunt last year because I posted a quote from the fighting cock podcast. Now you're calling me a racist for quoting the inbetweeners?
latest

Last edited:
I'd like to make it clear that, should I ever use the term "more than one way to skin a cat", I am not suggesting that anyone should, in fact, skin a cat, nor am I referring to Korean or other Asians who may have once eaten said mammals but don't now, nor am I disrespecting 1950s beatnik types who used the term "cat" in a non-carnivorecentric sense to refer to other individuals, daddy-o

Like your team but maybe Lucas instead of Dele. Lucas has been one of our better players so far

Different types of players. Think with Lucas, Bergwijn and Son together in the starting line-up, it's too much of a muchness. I agree that it would make sense to have someone with a slightly different skillset in there - see Dele's pass to Son for the pen yesterday.

So then it's a case of dropping one of Bergwijn or Son. And there, I have no preferences. Going on what we have seen him do, I would put Son ahead of the other two, but he's been a bit off form (yet still scoring) recently. Difficult one. But with the Leipzig game following on swiftly, they should all get a chance. And hopefully even Parrott can come on for a couple of minutes, so that they don't all have 90 mins in their legs before the CL match.

Missed the meeting on this... thought I was starting a new thread... till I saw the 'other' match thread... 2 days late!

Anyways...
Let's keep the recent run going....
COYS!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom