Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair enough - and of course you are entitled to your opinion. But the thing about sport is that the best team doesn’t always win. Just occasionally, a David will bring down a Goliath - even if Goliath has absolutely played David off the park. And it is that which makes football so compelling.

If I am realistic, do I think we will win in Amsterdam? Probably not. And if we do, will we win in MADROD against Messi et al? Almost certainly not. But I still believe there is a chance ... Messi has an off day, Sissoko scores a screamer, Hugo lifts the pot .... it’s called ‘daring to believe’.
Of course history is littered with giant killing stories I suppose I'm not a dreamer just realistic but of course if at some stage we won it I would be as happy as you.

Of course history is littered with giant killing stories I suppose I'm not a dreamer just realistic but of course if at some stage we won it I would be as happy as you.

If you're all about being "realistic" then why get so riled/dispondent about the extreme doping of City and the like standing in the way of us becoming champs?

Someone with your outlook ought to be able to remain philosophical, no?

Sure it's more in hope than expectatation but fucking hell you have to dare to dream in a CL semi with only a slight deficit.

2 more games to win a CL trophy

vs

2 more chances to lose and placate the moaning bastards in our midst.

"Reality"
"Mentality"

They say.

....Bollocks.

We'll be a stronger team in the return leg with the return of Son + Ajax won't have the luxury of a weeks rest as they play a cup final on Sunday, leaving us with an extra days rest more than them before we play them Wednesday.

Football's a funny old game, all it takes is a moment and all of a sudden it turns. Ajax have a better record in the Champions League away from home than at home and they'll have to play to score against us as a 0-1 lead isn't enough comfort for them to sit back on.

After reflection & all things considered that we had to play with 34 year old as our main guy last night, one that alters the way we play drastically from passing to slinging long balls up there I think we are capable of nicking a goal and getting Ajax nerves rising. We've left ourselves a bigger issue than we needed with a really dull, weak and somewhat spineless performance last night but with how the first half hour was going getting away only conceding 1 goal isn't that bad. Nick a goal from a set piece, a goal against the runnof play etc and who knows. We'll be playing the same kind of team we played that scored 3 away at Man City the other week so anything is possible.
Yeah I know mate. I was just venting. It won’t happen again.

I told myself after our miraculous escape from the group stages, because let's be honest after getting 1 point from 3 games it was an absolute miracle, that I'd get a Spurs tattoo if we won the champions league this year. I've already selected a simple design and for some reason I've got this feeling that somehow this is our year so I'm all set. If we played how we played the second half with Son starting there's no doubt in my head we'll score and make it to the final. If Chelsea managed to park the bus a win the final a few years ago there's no reason why we cant win either.

I told myself after our miraculous escape from the group stages, because let's be honest after getting 1 point from 3 games it was an absolute miracle, that I'd get a Spurs tattoo if we won the champions league this year. I've already selected a simple design and for some reason I've got this feeling that somehow this is our year so I'm all set. If we played how we played the second half with Son starting there's no doubt in my head we'll score and make it to the final. If Chelsea managed to park the bus a win the final a few years ago there's no reason why we cant win either.
If we win the Champions League this year, I'm legitimately getting a tattoo of Pochettino riding Chirpy into the sunset on my butt.
Chirpy.png

Without a goal here, we'll need 3 or 4 though.
We need two

Do the math
Needed 3.

:sonpoint: :dierpochhug:
COYS!!

Lol wtf. Ajax is guaranteed 2 or 3 at home? Wtf
:levystare::dierpochhug:

Time for them to update that stat!!!
:tobyarm:
Wow, Moura's pace there was extreme.
Incredible pace for the whole game today. Maintaining his runs led to 2 of the 3 goals. God I love that man.
:coys:

what a fucking night. i literally internally combusted when we scored that last second winner

just booked my flights to madrid, now have to figure out how to get a ticket

Back
Top Bottom