Tottenham Hotspur Manager's Premier League Records Compared

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't worry guys, I've crunched some numbers too

b37539dfb0a965fc07be1d927091334d.png

This early on our Football can only be judged in real time. How the coach has us playing, how the players are performing and are we improving etc....? How many wins over a few games are irrelevant if many other factors are not taken into account, opposition , ref decisions, injuries, EL games and so on. Human evolution had less permutations .
Statistics only reflect the past. We need to look forward.

Statistics are meaningless at this stage of the season. A more reasonable guide would be after 19 games as a *gauge* of progress. Even then, it is vital we remember Poch is 'building' his team. This will take time and patience - he hasn't got the luxury of £200m transfer pot like Utd. I am confident by the end of the season we will see a side playing in his style (the early signs are there), I just hope Levy backs him if he feels we need to bring 1 or 2 players in the next transfer window.

Thing is even if Levy doesn't back him with signings - he's not going to back any other manager......at least until the stadium is built.

Changing managers combined with high transfer spend can get results - Chelsea prove that. But we aren't going to spend heavily.....The only chance of any improvement on the pitch is stability and getting a settled balanced team together.

Cheers MFF. I'm waiting till Hallow'een before I start the 'clueless Tim' and the 'Prince of Pressing' comparisons.

But I will say now if Tim had had the win % Poch has in the Prem, I think he would be getting a lot rougher ride than Mr P has had so far. Sherwood was never given a chance by many Spurs fans and I'm still fuming over his treatment on various forums by many posters.

He is an Woolwich fan.

Not for me.

I'm going to judge based on where we are at the end of the year. It makes no sense to judge any sooner.

Don't be a bitch... Judge now!

Brief judgement. Liking Poch. Time to build his squad / ideas would be nice.

West Ham Boleyn Ground 0-1 - Big win.
Limassol Antonis Papadopoulos 1-2 - Nice win.
QPR White Hart Lane 4-0 - Great performance.
Limassol White Hart Lane 3-0 - Nice win.

Liverpool White Hart Lane 0-3 - Shit
Sunderland Stadium of Light 2-2 - Okay result / okay performance.
Partizan Belgrade FK Partizan Stadium 0-0 - Okay result / poor performance

West Brom White Hart Lane 0-1 - Shit
Nottingham Forest White Hart Lane 3-1 - Good win
Woolwich Emirates Stadium 1-1 - Good result / Performance

Besiktas White Hart Lane 1-1 - Poor
So'ton White Hart Lane 1-0 - Great win.
Man City Etihad Stadium 4-1 - Good performance

Pros:
Mason / Kane / Rose look tidy and Lamela is improving. Lloris is god like.

Negatives:
Strikers can't score, centre backs still dodgy.

West Ham Boleyn Ground 0-1 - Big win.
Limassol Antonis Papadopoulos 1-2 - Nice win.
QPR White Hart Lane 4-0 - Great performance.
Limassol White Hart Lane 3-0 - Nice win.

Liverpool White Hart Lane 0-3 - Shit
Sunderland Stadium of Light 2-2 - Okay result / okay performance.
Partizan Belgrade FK Partizan Stadium 0-0 - Okay result / poor performance

West Brom White Hart Lane 0-1 - Shit
Nottingham Forest White Hart Lane 3-1 - Good win
Woolwich Emirates Stadium 1-1 - Good result / Performance

Besiktas White Hart Lane 1-1 - Poor
So'ton White Hart Lane 1-0 - Great win.
Man City Etihad Stadium 4-1 - Good performance

Pros:
Mason / Kane / Rose look tidy and Lamela is improving. Lloris is god like.

Negatives:
Strikers can't score, centre backs still dodgy.

This is basically it, nobody can post anything until next game now, nothing to discuss, our centre backs were looking ok until Poch replaced Jan with Fazio though... in fact you are totally wrong you tiny dancer

This is basically it, nobody can post anything until next game now, nothing to discuss, our centre backs were looking ok until Poch replaced Jan with Fazio though... in fact you are totally wrong you tiny dancer

Chirches / Kaboul / Fazio have all had a "dodgy moment" or two. (75% of our centre backs excluding Dier)

Dodgy.

Case justified.

Next.

Nah, the melt nature of the whining of the fan base is really bothering me. Too many people bleating and moaning about too many different things. At this point I like cheering for Poche and the squad because they piss so many of our own fans off.

Nah, the melt nature of the whining of the fan base is really bothering me. Too many people bleating and moaning about too many different things. At this point I like cheering for Poche and the squad because they piss so many of our own fans off.

It has been like this for a while. Get yourself to away games / 1882. Eradicate the whiners from your life.

Where is Gross / Ramos / Santini?

Or did you just want to make Poch look like the worst?

Poor trolling from Mr Fact!

As everyone else has said. So early it's meaningless. A couple of wins and suddenly OMGZ BEST MANAGER EVER!
I haven't said it's maeaningless, cos I don't think it is and I thank MFF for bringing it to our attention. Sherwood was being called all sorts of names after 8 games, so why shouldn't Poch be judged as well. Indeed Poch has actually had 13 games including the Cups, and it was unlucky for us 13 against City, but that was partly becuse of poor management by Poch. Had Sherwood made as many errors as Poch did on Saturday, he wouldn't just be being judged, he'd be tried, convicted and sentenced to 'internet death' in Spursdom by a whole pack of baying 'supporters'.

Chirches / Kaboul / Fazio have all had a "dodgy moment" or two. (75% of our centre backs excluding Dier)

Dodgy.

Case justified.

Next.

haha no you are right, I was loving Kaboul and Jan as they had a miraculous 2 games running they played well, god knows why he changed it

Anyways your post is the perfect summation of the season so far, no point anyone posting until the end of the next game

It has been like this for a while. Get yourself to away games / 1882. Eradicate the whiners from your life.
Living in Canada, it's rather expensive to regularly do that. The fans are more an online issue. Too many people buying into various media agendas and then perpetuating that bullshit as if it was a personal cause. They should just go pick a different team. Liverpool seems more to their tastes.

Back
Top Bottom