Tottenham Hotspur B - Checkatrade Trophy 2017-2018 - The Road to Wembley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looking forward to these matches and watching our youngsters play at some interesting places. It would be nice to get a decent turnout and some vocal backing for them too.

Will be interesting to see what the away ticket take-up is like for these! We've been quite lucky with our draw, all local teams. Chelsea and WH not so lucky, what a shame:

mWpqQCc.png

I went to Luton once, as soon as I came out the train station I noticed somebody have put a joint out on top of a dog shit, summing up the place in one simple metaphor.

Still quite fancy going to these away games.

If there isn't a boycott then I'd be up for all of them. Quite appealing away trips really. Been to all the grounds before though, although think Barnet have moved since Underhill so that would be new

We are in Southern Group F along with Luton Town, AFC Wimbledon and Barnet and, as one of the invited Category One Academy clubs, will play all three group matches away.

Our fixtures are shown below….

Tue 15 Aug – Luton Town (A) – 7.45pm
Tue 3 Oct – AFC Wimbledon (A) – 7.45pm
Tue 28 Nov – Barnet (A) – 8pm

Ticket details for all three fixtures will follow in due course.

Surprised at the Barnet date because the first team play Leicester that night. Perhaps Leicester is in the pipeline to be shifted to Wednesday for TV

Be great to rustle up a decent support for these games, revive the 1882 movement and give some support to lower league clubs (financially only, of course). I'll definitely make Wimbledon and, pending fixture scheduling, Barnet away. Hope we get one of the terraces at Barnet, mind...

Be great to rustle up a decent support for these games, revive the 1882 movement and give some support to lower league clubs (financially only, of course). I'll definitely make Wimbledon and, pending fixture scheduling, Barnet away. Hope we get one of the terraces at Barnet, mind...
I'll start ripping up some paper then shall I?:kanehand:

I'm up for it. Would love to away days at all of these grounds as found it impossible to get away tickets this year for the first 11. Only made it to two boro and fulham (neutral stand)

Luton Town v Spurs U23s
Checkatrade Trophy
Tuesday 15 August 2017
Kick-off 7.45pm

Prices:
Adults: £5.00
Under-16s: £1.00

Tickets are now available for this fixture from the Luton Town Ticket Office by calling 01582 416976. Lines are open 10am – 5pm Monday to Friday and 9am – 12noon at weekends.

Our supporters will be located within the Oak Road Stand (unreserved seating). Fans are advised to request placement in this stand upon booking.

Tickets are only available in advance of this fixture.

Luton Town v Spurs U23s
Checkatrade Trophy
Tuesday 15 August 2017
Kick-off 7.45pm

Prices:
Adults: £5.00
Under-16s: £1.00

Tickets are now available for this fixture from the Luton Town Ticket Office by calling 01582 416976. Lines are open 10am – 5pm Monday to Friday and 9am – 12noon at weekends.

Our supporters will be located within the Oak Road Stand (unreserved seating). Fans are advised to request placement in this stand upon booking.

Tickets are only available in advance of this fixture.
Definitely going to this one. It's an old school stand where, with just a couple of hundred people, you can get a good atmosphere going.

Whilst I totally see the attraction of attending these fixtures, I don't think it's something we, as a fanbase, should be supporting. Why not go and watch our youth team play in their own competition instead? Someone on one of the podcasts (the lad from Bristol I think) summed up very well the arguments for a boycott. Basically we're devaluing this competition because it should be for lower league sides, attendances have been (very significantly) lower since the inclusion of Prem youth sides, who are only in it because the Prem agreed to massively raise prize money and money for competing in the competition (effectively, they paid a bribe to lower league sides who otherwise were strongly against the idea), and it's a slippery slope between this and us entering youth teams to the lower leagues themselves like they do in Spain and Germany.

Agree it's not ideal circumstances. Asked some of my mates who support Plymouth about it and they said basically noone gives a shit about the competition which has always been the case. Only picks up at the semi finals when Wembley is in sight. I'm firmly against B teams in leagues which would be horrendous.

I have ordered tickets - have to collect on matchday though. Luton is local to me and I've wanted to watch Spurs there forever. Reality is if it were an FA Cup game I wouldn't have a hope in hell of a ticket so this is best I'll ever get realistically. Far rather give Luton Town a fiver than that American company in charge of Juventus £45. And I'll enjoy the game more to boot.

Back
Top Bottom