Tottenham Boys - We Are Here

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Long time lurker but reading this thread prompted me to join up. The season in the 2nd Division was brilliant. so many stories - Blackpool, milk floats being hi-jacked on the prom, Bolton, all kicking off after McNabs disallowed goal, Brighton, well everything and Mansfield, arriving at a station in the middle of nowhere and being bussed on cranky old double deckers through the countryside to the ground in the pissing rain. Just to think of a few.
Not that season but I remember going to Villa and the game was called off so the train came back to London. At least 50 decided it was a good idea to go to the Gooners v Newcastle game in the North Bank.....Happy days

Long time lurker but reading this thread prompted me to join up. The season in the 2nd Division was brilliant. so many stories - Blackpool, milk floats being hi-jacked on the prom, Bolton, all kicking off after McNabs disallowed goal, Brighton, well everything and Mansfield, arriving at a station in the middle of nowhere and being bussed on cranky old double deckers through the countryside to the ground in the pissing rain. Just to think of a few.
Not that season but I remember going to Villa and the game was called off so the train came back to London. At least 50 decided it was a good idea to go to the Gooners v Newcastle game in the North Bank.....Happy days

Welcome. We had similar when we're going to Watford (or Luton?) Away. Game got called off because of the weather so about 5 of us wearing colours went to QPR v Forest instead.
QPR scored and I got ejected by by the old bill for 'jumping up and down'.
I asked him why would I be jumping up and down when I am Spurs? He ejected me anyway. Bastard.

Yes we were going to Luton away in div 2 and the usual hoards of Tottenham were at Kings Cross when we heard our game was off so we decided to go to woolwich v Walsall as they were playing the vermin in the FA Cup. We had a beer with some Walsall and persuaded them to come in the North Bank with us. We started singing come on Walsall but the nomads didn't even react so we chanted come on you Spurs and again nothing. They were truly pathetic. The midlanders were highly amused at our antics and were suitably appalled with woolwich. Great times and a total piss take.

Welcome. We had similar when we're going to Watford (or Luton?) Away. Game got called off because of the weather so about 5 of us wearing colours went to QPR v Forest instead.
QPR scored and I got ejected by by the old bill for 'jumping up and down'.
I asked him why would I be jumping up and down when I am Spurs? He ejected me anyway. Bastard.

Who were you jumping up and down on?

:sonpoint:

Oh yes! They were playing up at Liverpool street and on the trains into White Hart Lane. There was a huge firm of Spurs in the bank on the corner. The fat gits got off and were singing their heads and being lairy. Then they got surrounded by the huge Tottenham firm by the garage on Whitehall St. Suddenly they weren't as mouthy and a few took a slap. Their seaburn casuals were up by Scotland Green but were terrorised by the two Spurs mobs in the Vic and the Two Brewers. They should have spoken to their dads and asked them how they got on at Tottenham in the past.
All I remember about that day was walking along the High Road making our way to the Coach and Horses, when it all kicked off. We managed to get into the betting shop that was on the corner, out of harm's way. We could hear bottles being smashed, quite scary TBH but we were looked after by the staff in the shop. Thought at the time that we had seen the last of such occurrences but obviously not.

Yes we were going to Luton away in div 2 and the usual hoards of Tottenham were at Kings Cross when we heard our game was off so we decided to go to woolwich v Walsall as they were playing the vermin in the FA Cup. We had a beer with some Walsall and persuaded them to come in the North Bank with us. We started singing come on Walsall but the nomads didn't even react so we chanted come on you Spurs and again nothing. They were truly pathetic. The midlanders were highly amused at our antics and were suitably appalled with woolwich. Great times and a total piss take.
Was there too, agree the scum didn't want to know.

Always love hearing stories of West Ham getting unstuck. So if anyone has any?
Funny thing with Spam really. They seemed to have a hold over us for some reason. No doubting they had a fearsome mob in the 70's and 80's, no point denying it. We had great results over chelsea, man utd, leeds and almost everyone and despite not getting the media attention like others we were up there firm wise. They were a yo yo club in those days too so we didn't play them that much to be fair. There were some testimonials at WHL and the youth cup game where they came over (famous photo of 6 Spurs fronting them at Stevie P's testimonial). The league cup quarter final at UP in 1980 saw a huge Tottenham mob over there, they got in the away end and it was lively to say the least. Latter years there have been 'events' like the Salmon and Ball in Bethnal Green and again in Leytonstone where we have had the upper hand but overall it would be wrong to say that they didn't come out on top in the main.

Always love hearing stories of West Ham getting unstuck. So if anyone has any?

Funny thing with Spam really. They seemed to have a hold over us for some reason. No doubting they had a fearsome mob in the 70's and 80's, no point denying it. We had great results over chelsea, man utd, leeds and almost everyone and despite not getting the media attention like others we were up there firm wise. They were a yo yo club in those days too so we didn't play them that much to be fair. There were some testimonials at WHL and the youth cup game where they came over (famous photo of 6 Spurs fronting them at Stevie P's testimonial). The league cup quarter final at UP in 1980 saw a huge Tottenham mob over there, they got in the away end and it was lively to say the least. Latter years there have been 'events' like the Salmon and Ball in Bethnal Green and again in Leytonstone where we have had the upper hand but overall it would be wrong to say that they didn't come out on top in the main.

Didn't we take a firm in their home end in1979? Memory is a but fuzzy on that one. From what I recall (I wasn't in there myself) the boys held their own for quite a while before numbers got the better of them.

I remember at my brothers 60th a year back,one of his mates saying pretty much what you said(minus the latter years ,as he had walked away by then).They certainly had a hold over us.

I remember that game, after the match we were outside and the old bill marched us to Forest Gate station and the pikeys tried to have digs at us on the way, but we had a good mob that night. They didn't do very well at all. I know a few of my mates got some digs at them on the way.

Anyone remember Ray Clemence's testimonial?
It was on a Friday night,a rarity back then (1990)
We were in the Milford(my favourite ever Spurs pub) finishing up before going to the ground,pub was almost empty.A mob of about a 100 of the beasts from the east went past and some wally gave them a load of verbal,so they kicked off and attacked the pub.I remember scaffold boards coming through the windows the lot.I was at the back of the pub with two mates, near the patio door/windows they had. We(3 of us) were all drinking newky brown ale back then,and i commented, " there's loads of them,if they get in just launch the bottles at em" got no answer ,looked round and my two mates had legged up the stairs of the pub to the living quarters .......
Funny now, but at the time i was fuming with the pair of them.
I remember one spurs fella from Mile end being particularly disappointed with the spurs that was in the pub,but to be fair there was hardly anyone there to prevent anything.Denis who ran the Milford, showed his mettle that night though.Good bloke to have as a landlord at a football pub.

Last edited:
One funny think I witnessed at WHU away in 2009 (we won 2-1). After the game me and a mate, his kid and Mrs were queuing up outside the tub station and we heard all this commotion and shouting at the top of the road.

Anyway a minute later this twenty something Yid (young but huge) came walking down followed by 3 hammers giving him loads of verbal. The one at the front was bizarrely holding a plate of chips. The young Yid suddenly did an about turn, went into them and gave chip boy a right hander. He ended up on his arse, still holding his chips with loads of claret coming out of his firemans. The Yid just sauntered off.

It was an absolute picture.
Organic Ketchup.

With regards to to the taking of the North Bank, I was at one of the games in the 80s in the Clock end, getting the best view of us taking it - like the parting of the Dead Sea, it was spectacular. Unfortunately I also witnessed the Spammers taking a chunk of the Park Lane too, which was anything but spectacular.
The sensible part of me is glad those days are over, but the devil in me misses the excitement and atmosphere generated. Not that I ever got directly involved, but there was an element of notoriety in being a football supporter back then, which I quite revelled in.

With regards to to the taking of the North Bank, I was at one of the games in the 80s in the Clock end, getting the best view of us taking it - like the parting of the Dead Sea, it was spectacular. Unfortunately I also witnessed the Spammers taking a chunk of the Park Lane too, which was anything but spectacular.
The sensible part of me is glad those days are over, but the devil in me misses the excitement and atmosphere generated. Not that I ever got directly involved, but there was an element of notoriety in being a football supporter back then, which I quite revelled in.

Did you wear a butchers coat to matches Mrs P?

It adds a edge and creates a brilliant atmosphere,not condemning or condoning it,but....
Nearest we have had in recent years was Millwall in cup at the Lane

Back
Top Bottom