Tottenham Boys - We Are Here

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just back on the forum after a break but loving this thread..
First game in 68..like nn while I still
Have breath Im spurs.
Done some silly things and some even sillier things as a couple on here will know and fully understand following this club.. But being a Yid is my lifeblood.

To young to remember the 2nd division, but would have loved it!

Remember being on a train coming back from Birmingham a few years back and SS was sat there with a big lump on his head where he had been hit with a bottle, looked like he didn’t have a care in the world!
That was the year we went for them in there end (side) long before the zulu's.. Split them all ways and the pitch had a few more lads looking for a game

Spot on. Travelling into the frozen wastelands of the north was like being in a Mad Max movie. It was kill or be killed (not literally of course).

Even non-firm fans used to have to do their bit when the need arose.

One of the best aways that season was of course Millwall away on Boxing Day (where, in my mind, the song about fighting on Boxing Day originated?) Where leaflets were passed around the Park Lane at the previous home game with the message 'dont bottle it' with details of where to meet and at what time etc .

The mob we had walking from London Bridge to the old Den had to be seen to be believed.

Probably my favourite ever memory of supporting Spurs was when we got relegated and the fans invaded the pitch and demanded the team came out into the directors box and took a standing ovation. Pat Jennings said the players were too embarrassed at first but when they came out it was more like they had won the title than had been relegated. Proper fans proper supporters in those days.
There where 3 spurs mobs for London games that made my hair stand on end.. That wall 'Harry the dog' game... The midweek league Cup game at West ham where we met at the blind beggar and never took a backward step all night and Imho nobody would have matched us that night..all our little postcode mobs where united that night for once... And the sloane square meet for the chavs f. A. Cup game.. That was the biggest firm ever.. Most went down King's Road but a really good mob went down the embankment and we smashed the feck out of them. Including all. There named gents (fully limbed and one with a bit missing) at worlds end . And again after all over and especially getting another result at Victoria.
Millwall will always live in my memory though.. Coming of age son to speak?

I know that some media outlets accuse football fans of glorifying football violence in the past... and I get that there is no place for it nowadays with all the privilege and entitlement that modern football fans experience.
...but fuck me, if the hairs on the back of yer neck aren't risen by some of the posts on 'ere, there's summit wrong wiv' ya!

The Fish The Fish Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor
What are you memories of Brighton away in the 2nd? Couple of people who i know that went reckons we took over though whole town.
Meant to have been a mad one.
He wasnt wrong.. The old goldstone ground was an accident waiting to happen that day. I recall victoria Station early that morning.. it was like rush hour but in blue n white only.. Them days being nicked was a last option for plod.. Came out of Brighton Station to about 100baton welding plod.. Kicked off immediatley.. Can just remember running down a street and down to the seafront and getting a baton round the back of my knees that took me down but still aware enough of trying to kick the police dog to stop it biting me.. Got into the long openside of the ground and there where fans up the floodlights, on top of the stands roofs and thousands outside. Never felt so crowded in a ground tbh. And loads where carried out with all sorts of crush injuries.

I know that some media outlets accuse football fans of glorifying football violence in the past... and I get that there is no place for it nowadays with all the privilege and entitlement that modern football fans experience.
...but fuck me, if the hairs on the back of yer neck aren't risen by some of the posts on 'ere, there's summit wrong wiv' ya!
It was a bit more then. .it was a culture.. It would be very hard to explain it to someone now..the adrenalin rush when your with your mates and it was about to go off? As a few have tried to engage as well You took your life in your hands going away.. Quite apt with one of the getting cut at wall last month everton was one of the worst places and they. where forever waving metal in your face.. Nothing was arranged in those days either.. They knew you where coming and knew who you where because of how you dressed.and vice versa.. Being hijacked at lime Street station became an occupational hazard .
Always, loved going to man u especially. 2nd division like some have already spoken off was possibly the best season travelling around the country.. Most places anywhere their would be a reception waiting
But one away game above all else I can recall like yesterday.. Forest away . Ossie and Ricky's debut our first game back in div 1 as it was then. . Kr's coach up that day..not my thing though.. I was train firm from then on.

It was a bit more then. .it was a culture.. It would be very hard to explain it to someone now..the adrenalin rush when your with your mates and it was about to go off? As a few have tried to engage as well You took your life in your hands going away.. Quite apt with one of the getting cut at wall last month everton was one of the worst places and they. where forever waving metal in your face.. Nothing was arranged in those days either.. They knew you where coming and knew who you where because of how you dressed.and vice versa.. Being hijacked at lime Street station became an occupational hazard .
Always, loved going to man u especially. 2nd division like some have already spoken off was possibly the best season travelling around the country.. Most places anywhere their would be a reception waiting
But one away game above all else I can recall like yesterday.. Forest away . Ossie and Ricky's debut our first game back in div 1 as it was then. . Kr's coach up that day..not my thing though.. I was train firm from then on.

Same. Did KR once i think. Maybe twice. If it didn't break down at least once it was a miracle and half the time you would be coming back to London with no windows.

Quickly moved on to the trains.

I've described it as like the film The Warriors. A fight for survival at many games.

Loved every minute of it though.

Same. Did KR once i think. Maybe twice. If it didn't break down at least once it was a miracle and half the time you would be coming back to London with no windows.

Quickly moved on to the trains.

I've described it as like the film The Warriors. A fight for survival at many games.

Loved every minute of it though.
Done krs coaches on a few more occasions.
You and me both mate...its been a blast on the whole and wouldn't change my experiences for anything.

Done the train for Forest away that day, police escourt from the station, heavy handed c**ts were clueless when it kicked off on the bridge and it seemed surreal hearing the sound of the forest fans splashing in the River Trent!
Different days

Back
Top Bottom