Tottenham Boys - We Are Here

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thanks for all the info in this thread. We've spent the best part of two months trying to track down Paul Wombell. Finally have an email address and waiting for a response.

I'll be going through all this and PM people to set up a phone call/interview - see what the interest is.

Cheers!

Da fuq is this shit, one of the cunts is wearing a fucking RED t-shirt!?!?!
And that passport cunt has a load of red in that wardrobe behind him...

Thanks for all the info in this thread. We've spent the best part of two months trying to track down Paul Wombell. Finally have an email address and waiting for a response.

I'll be going through all this and PM people to set up a phone call/interview - see what the interest is.

Cheers!
Good luck, I hear that he's not too keen to be associated with the book now. Loads still going that appear in the book.

Southampton have never been rated in the football hooligan world but Dougal and his mob were definitely not to be taken lightly. I remember seeing them at Eastville once and they were quite impressive. Every club has their firm but the media always bang on about spam, millwall and those chair throwing chelsea wankers. In my 50 years of going to football i would say the teams that impressed firm wise (apart from our own of course) and in no particular order would be.Manchester United, Leeds, Spam, Millwall, Birmingham City. Honourable mention for Stoke too.

Boro, Cardiff and Pompey too.

Speaking of the Cockney Reds, I was on a train back from Manchester (not Spurs related) last season and there was a group of old school Reds on. They were talking old days and all reckoned Spurs away was one of the toughest, citing many incidents up and down the High Rd. Incidentally, Maureen was on the train as well. Refused all pictures and autograph requests much to the fans disgust.
The trip to Seven Sisters was voted worst walk in football.

Very true, but back in the early/ mid 70s ,we supposedly did have a union with them with the London United thing.
My mate swears its true.They wouldn't go with Millwall, and we wouldn't go with Chelsea,so more a marriage of convenience.Before my time, but have heard it from other sources as well.Use to drink in the pubs in and around Shoreditch High rd.

It's definitely true

Cheers!
There are lots of photos knocking around that he took, which never made it into the book.

Yep, I was there, remember telling my 2 younger brothers and their mate ( pikey) to stand in the front of the supporters club and not to move, while I went off towards the trouble.
:sneaky:

Yep, I was there, remember telling my 2 younger brothers and their mate ( pikey) to stand in the front of the supporters club and not to move, while I went off towards the trouble.
:sneaky:
I was queuing up at the top of Paxton Road ,by Worcester ave with my dad.When about a 50 of em came round the corner,a big bloke in a sheepskin came right up to be an shouted CITY in my face and pushed me.My dad went for him ,but got pulled back by an older hammer who had been in front of us in the que with his son,who said "they're f**king cowards mate they'll all start on ya" He then told them to eff off,which they did..We heard a roar a few seconds later,that let us know they had found some resistance further up Paxton road towards the high road.

I was quite chuffed that a bloke who was probably at least 26 deemed 13 year old me worthy of a bit of a dig.

Anyone at the youth cup final 1981? Against West Ham...My first dig at football.My relationship with the beasts from the east went down hill from there
If that's the one we won at The Lane, when Tim O'Shea was the captain, and Richard Cook and Ally Dick were in the side, then I was there. Totally relying on memory and that's all I can recall.

Back
Top Bottom