Top 10 Club Legends

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agreed.

Anyone that thinks Greaves is or was a cunt after his achievements and goal scoring record at Spurs needs to give their fucking head a wobble.
Bollocks! The day achievement papers over demeanor is the day we get live footage of oj Simpson driving his car at three miles an hour.

Yeah, this is the thing with best verses legend, as I've said twice now. Jimmy was a great but not a legend, regardless of the heart strings attached. Just as with Lineker after him, both were great goal scorers and both were cunts both during and after their careers. Sorry for the wording but it's apt, like with Sol. The irony being, you saying disrespectful lol.
Where's this evidence that you have, to state Greaves was a cunt during and after his career?

To even use the c**t word and Jimmy Greaves in the same sentence shows me one huge quality of the poster....ignorance...then to add to it 'apparently' only enhances my original opinion....blind ignorance
I have no need to defend the man, his record speaks for itself. To try to do so would do him an injustice. Anyone who considers him not to be worthy of the title 'legend' only displays an utter and contemptible disregard for what this club is built on and represents.
I implore any member who was ever lucky enough to see this genius play or simply agrees with my comments to post and show 5purs 5purs how irresponsible and ill advised his opinion is.
Have you ever spoken to anyone in any profession about his conduct as a human being?

But he's scored shed loads of goals, he's removed from prosecution!

Have you ever spoken to anyone in any profession about his conduct as a human being?

But he's scored shed loads of goals, he's removed from prosecution!
I'm not the one casting aspersions...you are. If you can support your accusation then please do.
The English Football Hall Of Fame inducted Jimmy Greaves in 2002, along with George Best, Bobby Charlton and Sir Stanley Matthews. Not a bad quartet....unless you've heard something about those three as well :roflmao: :roflmao:

Last edited:
Yeah, this is the thing with best verses legend, as I've said twice now. Jimmy was a great but not a legend, regardless of the heart strings attached. Just as with Lineker after him, both were great goal scorers and both were cunts both during and after their careers. Sorry for the wording but it's apt, like with Sol. The irony being, you saying disrespectful lol.
the fact that you lump Jimmy Greaves & Lineker with someone who is universally hated by Spurs supporters says a lot to me. I'm not a fan of Lineker but I would not use that word about him - egotistical wally maybe.
I still think the 'c' word should be reserved for very 'special' people and I have only ever used it for three individuals - bet you can guess who one of them is.

the fact that you lump Jimmy Greaves & Lineker with someone who is universally hated by Spurs supporters says a lot to me. I'm not a fan of Lineker but I would not use that word about him - egotistical wally maybe.
I still think the 'c' word should be reserved for very 'special' people and I have only ever used it for three individuals - bet you can guess who one of them is.
Only just spotted this thread, these ten will always be special to me though one or two would struggle to be considered legends
Jennings
Perryman
Archibald
Hoddle
Gough
Clive Allen
Waddle
Anderton
Bale
King

And here’s to you Justin Edinburgh.........

Should be Rowe one,two....after all he thought of it
Arthur Sydney Rowe (1 September 1906 – 5 November 1993) was an English footballer, and later manager, who played as a centre half. He was the first manager to lead Tottenham Hotspur to the First Division Championship title in 1951. He also 'invented' the successful "one-two" method of play. :thumbup:
Did Arthur have a brother named Thomas rowe from Tottenham married to grace rowe can any find out please Thomas rowe was my grandfather i am trying to do a family tree i know he had a brother but my aunts uncles all passed

Did Arthur have a brother named Thomas rowe from Tottenham married to grace rowe can any find out please Thomas rowe was my grandfather i am trying to do a family tree i know he had a brother but my aunts uncles all passed
surely this is what the internet was invented for?

Back
Top Bottom