Tonight has really opened my eyes to the issues we face.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The main factors are:
1. Our midfield is not good enough. Neither Winks or Dier are up to the job.
2. The recruitment in the summer was poor. Nearly half way to the season and none of the 3 done much so far.
3. I always wanted Grealish. The club dithered and didn’t get him. Two seasons ago we missed on Zaha.

The pl teams are generally poor this and for Spurs to miss top 4 from where we were in previous seasons is criminal.
Points 2 and 3 are so fucking dumb I’m not sure how you walk and talk at the same time.

This thread...

:mourpointlaugh:

Was accurate.

The attitude shown today was leaps and bounds ahead of what we witnessed Wednesday, a night and day difference in commitment, I didn't say anything controversial in my opening post either.

The players proved today that they clearly have what it takes when their minds are in the game, which points to it being an attitude problem.

One that Jose has seemingly worked on since Wednesday because whatever he said has clearly had an impact.

Maybe his talk about anger and learning from mistakes instead of sadness has really hit home with a few of them.

Was accurate.

The attitude shown today was leaps and bounds ahead of what we witnessed Wednesday, a night and day difference in commitment, I didn't say anything controversial in my opening post either.

The players proved today that they clearly have what it takes when their minds are in the game, which points to it being an attitude problem.

One that Jose has seemingly worked on since Wednesday because whatever he said has clearly had an impact.

Maybe his talk about anger and learning from mistakes instead of sadness has really hit home with a few of them.
The only thing accurate about it is that it proves that you are a knee jerk doom and gloom merchant...

The only thing accurate about it is that it proves that you are a knee jerk doom and gloom merchant...

And all this posts proves is that you have an axe to grind with me because you have disagreed with my past opinions.

I don't know how you can call me a doom and gloom merchant when I have literally been nothing but positive about us getting Mourinho and saying how good we have been since him being appointed.

Just because I pointed out that we were shit on Wednesday because the players didn't apply themselves doesn't make me a doom and gloom merchant.

Grow up.

The issues are still present but at least a victory eased the pain of Wednesday - 4 out of 5 is pretty good by any metric.

If the players have flickered back to life that's great but we need 4 or 5 players of superior quality and to lose those who have past their expiry date.

And it's great to see Rose and Eriksen playing no part.

Last edited:
A good general lesson in sport is that you're not as bad as you think you are when you lose, and you're not as good as you think you are when you win.
That's OK but some of the people on here think we're really, really shit if we lose, but just a bit shit when we win...

Poch was overachieving by polishing turds for years to a point people believed he had a world class squad. You could put the likes of Winks and Sissoko in Luton team and no one would raise an eyebrow because that's their true level.

Poch was a great manager that was failed by the club.

All of this is 100% on Daniel Levy.
100% nailed on

Poch’s real miracle was making some of these clogger turds look like professional footballer momentarily

Back
Top Bottom