Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BBC gossip column suggests that Roma are going to pay £23m for Lovren. Won’t pay Toby’s £25m release but want Lovren for £2m less? That’s a big quality difference for just a little money...
The only thing I can think of there is that Toby is after massive wages and the package of fee & wages is considerably more than Lovren

But you’re right .... who the fuck pays 23m for that hopeless pillock

The only thing I can think of there is that Toby is after massive wages and the package of fee & wages is considerably more than Lovren

But you’re right .... who the fuck pays 23m for that hopeless pillock
Lovren is mediocre at best, I hope he stays at Liverpool and is a regular starter for them this season.

If it's in The Sun...🙏
Rose and Verts to stay as well and that is is a solid 3/4 for the back four for the next 2/3 years.

We already tried to send Rose to Watford before the window closed, we just signed a new LB and gave Davies a new contract. He is not in our long-term plans, he is fading big time.

Anyway I really hope Toby does sign a new deal, I really think we have a great selection CBs with a great balance of youth and experience. Even if Jan leaves at the end of the season we'd still have Toby, Davinson, Dier and Foyth which is just fine.

Love to keep Toby and Verts. CB’s aren’t as reliant on pace as full backs and he should have 3-4 years left at top level.

Rose by contrast, we need Sessegnon to step up over the next year or so. By the end of the season we could have a back 4 of

Foyth Toby Verts Sessegnon

Why didn't RM do the same with Hazard? Both 1 yr left.
They needed Hazard now, he is a world class superstar Galactico signing. A 30 year old CB with a history of dodgy Hammys doesn’t quite have the same appeal.

Especially when he will be available for free next year. Let me set this straight, I hope I’m wrong. I hope Toby does sign and get back to his best, but I don’t think he will. If he was going to he would have by now.

Also football insider and the sun as sources . . .:avbshit:

Thought he had a good game vs villa and city. Would be really good news for the club at the right time to tie him down.

Could do with this news tbh

They needed Hazard now, he is a world class superstar Galactico signing. A 30 year old CB with a history of dodgy Hammys doesn’t quite have the same appeal.

Especially when he will be available for free next year. Let me set this straight, I hope I’m wrong. I hope Toby does sign and get back to his best, but I don’t think he will. If he was going to he would have by now.

Also football insider and the sun as sources . . .:avbshit:
Age, dodgy hammy ...etc shouldn't come to the argument, all in perspective, £85m against £25m purchase.

Yes, let's hope he signs. Since back regular in the team, he has shown commitment and desire.

Back
Top Bottom