Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I fear the worst. He will be going. Wish the Club would do everything they can to keep him. Hate these days of players having too much power.
Apparently they offered him a deal which would have made him the highest paid player in our history(at that time). Couldn't have done much more

Sanchez and Foyth are the future whether it’s now or in 12 months.
Couldn’t care less at this stage, the only reason Sanchez has stumbled is because Toby’s reintroduction to the first team stifled his development/confidence for a year.

If Toby stays, without signing, it should be a s back up.
Sick and tired of this uncommitted old guard hanging on for something better while there are young players who’d give their right arm to be first team regulars.

Fuck them off and start to rebuild this side.
When we play MC on 17th August I want Poch to play his strongest team and whilst he should take into account fitness including those late back from International duty. I do not care what age the player is or whether they need development. We are already without Son and Foyth and I do not want to see Sanchez picked ahead of Toby if he is still here, fit and training well. Development of players can happen against lesser teams or league cup matches. Sanchez may play as well as Toby if we play a back 3 but not instead of him.

You would think he wouldn't post something like that if he was on the move?

Fcuking nothing like blind hope. We must have as many posts and pages on the 2 blokes who want or seem happy to leave us as we do on players who might want to join.

Not hard mind you.

Champions League allure my backside.

Last edited:
When we play MC on 17th August I want Poch to play his strongest team and whilst he should take into account fitness including those late back from International duty. I do not care what age the player is or whether they need development. We are already without Son and Foyth and I do not want to see Sanchez picked ahead of Toby if he is still here, fit and training well. Development of players can happen against lesser teams or league cup matches. Sanchez may play as well as Toby if we play a back 3 but not instead of him.
Toby and Sanchez were the two centre halves last time we played City in the league.

Toby was the one badly out of position for the goal.

Toby and Sanchez were the two centre halves last time we played City in the league.

Toby was the one badly out of position for the goal.
Toby makes more mistakes when he plays on the left. If Vertonghen is playing he will be in his usual position. All players make mistakes but although I do not look into statistics like others my feeling from watching every competitive match Spurs play is that Toby makes less than Sanchez and his long passes are better than Sanchez.

Toby makes more mistakes when he plays on the left. If Vertonghen is playing he will be in his usual position. All players make mistakes but although I do not look into statistics like others my feeling from watching every competitive match Spurs play is that Toby makes less than Sanchez and his long passes are better than Sanchez.
And Sanchez wins more headers and throws himself at the ball while Toby doesn't.

Making sure we have a fit Jan is vital, far more important than Toby's situation. The season before last proved Jan and Dav make a very good combination.

Also Toby's long passes are fewer and farther. His new, everything back to Hugo, isn't just as good.

chaos Zaniolo = there seem to be several strategies in AS Roma: either it remains, or Tottenham or Juventus

corr16.jpg

Back
Top Bottom