Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dier was awful today as far as I'm concerned. Piss poor passing from the back, their pressing wouldn't have been as effective with Toby back there.

It would have just resulted in Toby knocking it long with no one quick to run on to it - Dier wasn't bad, but it wasn't his best performance. I think Vertonghen/Davies were worse personally, they kept targeting that left side of defence and it wasn't a surprise to see their second goal come from there.

Unfortunately, Woolwich wanted it far more than us today, had a full strength team at their disposal and deservedly won the game. I don't think Toby coming in would have changed that - it was just one of those games.

He has said probably april. & it is all pointing towards him making sure he is fit for the WC as his priority & then leaving us in the summer I'm afraid.
This is so fucking ridiculous. It is all pointing towards him and the club trying to ensure that he is able to return as soon as possible. From his own mouth his recovery would be 14 weeks if he had surgery, which he hasn't and isn't planning to as of yet. If his priority was getting healthy for the WC and fucking off then there would be zero incentive to delay the surgery and risk reinjury from coming back too soon.

Stop spouting bullshit.

His contracted to the club until 30.06.20! If allowed to run into his final year, in TWO years time, then he can be bought for £25m release clause. If we have chosen to not renew his contract and he remains as good as now, then there will be many clubs in the market to buy him, a bidding war will then result, he will go for more than his release clause.
That depends on the type of clause:

With an automatic release clause, player ‘y’ must be allowed to speak to purchasing club ‘x’ if the minimum release amount is offered. A ‘good faith’ clause means the parties are required to negotiate in good faith once a bid has been made. Importantly, a good faith clause does not automatically trigger the selling club to accept the offer.

This is so fucking ridiculous. It is all pointing towards him and the club trying to ensure that he is able to return as soon as possible. From his own mouth his recovery would be 14 weeks if he had surgery, which he hasn't and isn't planning to as of yet. If his priority was getting healthy for the WC and fucking off then there would be zero incentive to delay the surgery and risk reinjury from coming back too soon.

Stop spouting bullshit.
I hope it is all bullshit & he stays. Many said the same about walker. If we do sell rose for 40m then I hope we use it to tie down toby & other key players to long contracts.

I just took issue with “it’s all pointing to him leaving”. I’m not seeing it myself. I’ve seen very little to suggest that he’s going to be let go in the summer!
Fair enough. To balance it out, I am confident the likes of kane, jan & lloris will be here for a good few years at least.
Rose & toby are the ones I'm worried about.
If the worse does happen with toby, it makes the sanchez signing even smarter.

Last edited:
Fair enough. To balance it out, I am confident the likes of kane, jan & lloris will be here for a good few years at least.
Rose & toby are the ones I'm worried about.

Fair dos.

:dierpochhug:

Think I’ve just had my fill of doom and gloom from this forum today. Looking at this place, some of our fans are as bad as the tabloids. Only in the last few hours I’ve seen Dele is gone, Eriksen is gone, Toby is gone, Rose is gone, Kane is gone, Poch is gone...... I know it’s largely bullshit but it still bums me out dammit! A few bad results and the naysayers are swarming.

I just took issue with “it’s all pointing to him leaving”. I’m not seeing it myself. I’ve seen very little to suggest that he’s going to be let go in the summer!
I think he's just trying to get a big contract and considering how obvious it is now that the back 3 depends entirely on him, I think he's going to get it as soon as he comes back. His agent must be throwing a fucking party right now.

Back
Top Bottom