Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
13531998.gif
13531999.gif

Best defender in the league is going to be a miss, obviously,but there’s luckily decent enough depth to cover it. Perhaps a transitional 4-2-3-1 with Dier dropping in when the fullbacks attack will be the best solution, keeping Vertonghen narrower.

Against City a back 5 with Dembele and Winks in front of it should suffice.

I think the question is does Alderweireld get sold in January?

Will we allow him to enter the last season of his contract with a new one unsigned?
His contracted to the club until 30.06.20! If allowed to run into his final year, in TWO years time, then he can be bought for £25m release clause. If we have chosen to not renew his contract and he remains as good as now, then there will be many clubs in the market to buy him, a bidding war will then result, he will go for more than his release clause.

I don't think Toby playing changes the course of that game. Whilst he does raise the performances over those around him, when you have players playing who aren't fully fit (Eriksen, Dembele, Kane etc) and you're up against men possessed playing their best game since the FA Cup final, one player isn't going to change it.

But yes, him coming back in the team sooner rather then later is crucial. He is still our best centre back regardless of the form of Vertonghen and the games are coming thick and fast here.

I don't think Toby playing changes the course of that game. Whilst he does raise the performances over those around him, when you have players playing who aren't fully fit (Eriksen, Dembele, Kane etc) and you're up against men possessed playing their best game since the FA Cup final, one player isn't going to change it.

But yes, him coming back in the team sooner rather then later is crucial. He is still our best centre back regardless of the form of Vertonghen and the games are coming thick and fast here.

Dier was awful today as far as I'm concerned. Piss poor passing from the back, their pressing wouldn't have been as effective with Toby back there.

Back
Top Bottom