Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Age, dodgy hammy ...etc shouldn't come to the argument, all in perspective, £85m against £25m purchase.

Yes, let's hope he signs. Since back regular in the team, he has shown commitment and desire.
We’ll see I guess, show me a decent source and I might start to believe but I wouldn’t get excited about stuff from the Sun and football insider.

Ali Gold stating that we haven't had a contract on the table for Toby for a long time. I assume that is after his dad and agent (unsure if that is one person or two) upped the asking price at the 11th hour on signing day.

In all honesty, this would be the safest thing the club can do if whatever issues existed before can get out to one side.

The prospect of losing Jan, Toby & Christian for less than it costs to buy a Finger of Fudge next summer would be very Woolwich-esque
Ah finger of fudge takes me back. Anyone under the age of 35 or not from the UK always refuse to believe me that a 'Finger of fudge is just enough to give your kids a treat' was a genuine song in an advert on prime time British tv.

Same with the creepy charlie says adverts.

When he plays well we find it so much easier to win games, not because he defends well but because he passes well. You can't play with 11 men defending if the opposition CB can cut through your defence like butter.

Jan and Toby are such a great partnership, they definitely bring out the best in each other. Toby hasn't been hitting those long, sweeping passes of late, great to see him pinging them all over the pitch today; think it can be an underestimated feature of his game.
I wasn't his biggest fan when he seemed to be messing us about with regards to his contract, but I'll take my hat off to him, his performances have been at a consistently high level.

Jan and Toby are such a great partnership, they definitely bring out the best in each other. Toby hasn't been hitting those long, sweeping passes of late, great to see him pinging them all over the pitch today; think it can be an underestimated feature of his game.
Definitely, even Roy Hodgson said after the game that Toby's and Jan's passes were excellent and difficult to deal with yesterday and that they deserve a lot more credits for it.

Back
Top Bottom