Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he does stay, how pissed off do you think he'd be with his dad? He could have spent the last two seasons earning £150k a week.

002DF46500000258-0-image-a-1_1423567501349.jpg

"I hate you!!!"

I'd keep him for this season even if he doesn't sign a deal. Think if Poch is given funds we will win something next season tbh. No point messing around with a solid centre back partnership now.

I'd keep him for this season even if he doesn't sign a deal. Think if Poch is given funds we will win something next season tbh. No point messing around with a solid centre back partnership now.

Said it before..... Less potential fee wrapped up in him than CE and he's a little older.

Let him run his deal down and go back to Ajax on a free next year.... Who knows he may even fancy a another year's extention here next summer if things are going well.

Jan is gonna eventually be the real heart breaker.

Last edited:
Said it before..... Less potential fee wrapped up in him than CE and he's a little older.

Let him run his deal down no and go back to Ajax on a free next year.... Who knows he may even fancy a another year's extention here next summer if things are going well.

Jan is gonna eventually be there real heart breaker.
Ajax could afford him now with all the player sale's, definitely if de light goes to juve.

Ajax could afford him now with all the player sale's, definitely if de light goes to juve.

If I was him I wouldn't be ready for the step down in leagues just yet....

I do think he's on the brink of missing the boat for that proverbial last "big move" tho'. Which is why he's had such a mare... He could have signed a 3 year deal with us on double money 2 years ago and pretty much be in the same position exit strategy-wise as he is now.

Think about it, he began hard-balling with us whilst out injured... What if he'd never bounced back?

We'd have had to see out his contract commitments regardless.

Financially, his best interests are probably to leave us on a free next year and spend a couple of high wage/no fee years at (eg) Juve and then have a goodbye year at Ajax then....

He's pissed away millions; he really has!

Last edited:

I do think he's on the brink of missing the boat for that proverbial last "big move" tho'. Which is why he's had such a mare... He could have signed a 3 year deal with us on double money 2 years ago and pretty much be in the same position exit strategy-wise as he is now.

Think about it, he began hard-balling with us whilst out injured... What if he'd never bounced back?

Financially, his best interests if probably to leave us on a free next year and spend a couple of high wage/no fee years at (eg) Juve and then have a goodbye year at Ajax then....

:levylol: shame.

Financially, his best interests are probably to leave us on a free next year and spend a couple of high wage/no fee years at (eg) Juve and then have a goodbye year at Ajax then....

I'd be gutted if all I'd earned in the last 2 years was 75 grand a week !

If he does stay, how pissed off do you think he'd be with his dad? He could have spent the last two seasons earning £150k a week.

Not that pissed, because his next club will pay him a huge signing fee anyway. Unless he picks up a freak career ending injury his refusal to sign with us won’t really cost him anything long term.

It would mean more to me to get Toby signing a long-term deal than getting another player in any position for a massive fee. I keep saying it, This team needs keeping together.

Just like Eriksen. . . If he wanted to sign then he would of by now.

Hate to say it but he’s gone, and most likely this summer for £25 mill. Still think united is the most likely destination because they will pay him the most.

Just like Eriksen. . . If he wanted to sign then he would of by now.

Hate to say it but he’s gone, and most likely this summer for £25 mill. Still think united is the most likely destination because they will pay him the most.

From what I understand, there is exactly 3 weeks for that to happen. Then the £25m clause lapses and he goes back to market value. However, that probably means that we just lose him on a free next summer.

From what I understand, there is exactly 3 weeks for that to happen. Then the £25m clause lapses and he goes back to market value. However, that probably means that we just lose him on a free next summer.
The final 2 weeks of July are the only time the clause comes in to effect. So in essence a club can't bid until those final two weeks anyway.

Every club knows about the clause so they wont be bothering with anything until it comes in to effect. Which ever Manchester club fails to get Maguire will most likely bid for him as a back up in my opinion.

I hope I am wrong, I hope he stays but the writing has been on the wall now for a while.

Back
Top Bottom