Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s no Virgil, who is better than all our CBs and everyone who ever played football

But seriously, do people now understand the fucking difference

Van Dijk has had a fantastic season and in my opinion deserves the plaudits that come with consistency and quality. Painful though it is sometimes it should be respected.

And I think all our central defenders this year have been off their best but 4/5 years of Alderweireld and Vertonghen together, mixed last season with a superb debut year from Sanchez is to be applauded and applauded again.

No one can possibly doubt the elation or the muscular nature of Alderweireld's picture of jubilation.

Lets see if that passion he seems to have for the club convinces him to stay and sign as a free agent or whether he takes his pride and service elsewhere.

Van Dijk has had a fantastic season and in my opinion deserves the plaudits that come with consistency and quality. Painful though it is sometimes it should be respected.

And I think all our central defenders this year have been off their best but 4/5 years of Alderweireld and Vertonghen together, mixed last season with a superb debut year from Sanchez is to be applauded and applauded again.

No one can possibly doubt the elation or the muscular nature of Alderweireld's picture of jubilation.

Lets see if that passion he seems to have for the club convinces him to stay and sign as a free agent or whether he takes his pride and service elsewhere.
Definitely some passion shown last night by Toby.

Hope there is one last chance of the club and his reps sorting a deal out. Otherwise whoever gets him for £25m will be getting a world class defender at a 2009 price

If he goes he better go to like PSG for eleventy billion pounds a week.

If he's just out for one last big payday to make millionaires of his grandchildren, I can live with that and I can live with Spurs feeling that they can't sign that deal.

But barring that, we HAVE to get this done if there is any ambition whatsoever for 2016-17 not to be the peak of the Poch era.

Next time we play keep an eye on how our defenders in the box stand while trying to block shots, arms tucked in tight by their sides.....Pochettino might have his doubts about VAR, but he’s preparing already for it....

That howler by de Gea has made top 4 and CL very unlikely, 10:1 odds I think.

Normally I'd be ok with them overtaking goons and chavs, but this time I'm hoping that we can keep hold of Toby. ManU are the most likely destination, but without top 4, with a manager whose PL claim to fame is being fired by Cardiff, possibly another manager by Xmas, and with a massive rebuilding job, then just maybe we might be able to persuade him to stay.

That howler by de Gea has made top 4 and CL very unlikely, 10:1 odds I think.

Normally I'd be ok with them overtaking goons and chavs, but this time I'm hoping that we can keep hold of Toby. ManU are the most likely destination, but without top 4, with a manager whose PL claim to fame is being fired by Cardiff, possibly another manager by Xmas, and with a massive rebuilding job, then just maybe we might be able to persuade him to stay.
Unfortunately, I think the best we can hope for is that Toby fucks off to another league - probably the Bundesliga with Bayern.
:kanehand:

Not at the weekend.

Why was Toby 6 yards deeper than the rest of the back line allowing Antonio in?
Why was fucking Davies 6 yards away from Anderson and let him cross without even an attempt to block it.

It happened against City too in the league.

With better fullbacks than Trippier and Davies and better midfielders than Wanyama, Dier, Winks and Sissoko and better Backup ST than Llorente and Janssen at least 8 or 9 of those 12 defeats could have been draws.

Back
Top Bottom