"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We'll get 87 points minimum, in my opinion.

Which would be our greatest ever finish points wise. Whether that'll be enough for the league title, I have no idea. Probably not, but it'd be a great achievement.

Wins up at Anfield and The Etihad would swing things towards us in a big way. Incredible really that with all the bollocks that's gone on withnthe club this year that these two fixtures could put us on the brink of making history.

Early days and all that but if you asked any Spurs fan if they could be saying such a thing mid February with a genuine seriousness I think every one of us would have taken that situation with both hands. Shows how remarkable our season has been to date, into the knockouts of the Champions League in a group with Inter & Barca & withinntouching distance of the pinnacle of domestic football

So glad Kane will be back for Burnley. So important to have Kane and Ali back for the final push.
How funny would it be if we could keep winning and keep Kane on the bench, giving him little cameo’s last 10 mins every game......media meltdown right there with that little stunt, £200m striker sitting on the bench for a team that has no squad depth...
:allitongue:
:levywhoa::hugoshock::pochshock2::pochwtf::pochshock:

10 wins gives us 90 points mate. It may not be enough but I really wouldn't be surprised if it's close to that that gets it over the line.

There's a lot of points to win & lose for all involved

Oops terrible maths, yep 90 points will take us bloody close .

Liverpool can still score a maximum101 points, our max is 96, City 98.

To get to 90 points we can only drop another 6 points, Liverpool need to drop 12 ( we won’t beat city or Liverpool on GD)

I can’t see Liverpool losing 4 games or drawing 6 or a combination of both unfortunately.

Great that we are in it though, COYS.

I done the premier league predictor thing there, predicting a win, lose or draw for every game left (for some reason I had to do Utd, Chelsea and Woolwich’s games too:dembelelol:
Anyway, I put us in for a draw at Chelsea and City...even tho we don’t do draws and here’s how this thing ends...
1-Tottenham 92pts
2-City 90pts
3-Liverpool 87pts
4-Utd 77pts
5-Woolwich 74pts
6-Chelsea 73pts
:dierpochhug::tobyarm:

I done the premier league predictor thing there, predicting a win, lose or draw for every game left (for some reason I had to do Utd, Chelsea and Woolwich’s games too:dembelelol:
Anyway, I put us in for a draw at Chelsea and City...even tho we don’t do draws and here’s how this thing ends...
1-Tottenham 92pts
2-City 90pts
3-Liverpool 87pts
4-Utd 77pts
5-Woolwich 74pts
6-Chelsea 73pts
:dierpochhug::tobyarm:

92 points would be a spectacular end to the season. It makes you wonder where we'd be now if we weren't at Wembley. 4 home losses and title contenders, absolutely insane

Burnley away won't be easy, unbeaten in 7 games since Heaton has come back in the team

Sure, but Heaton hasn't faced this guy

Tottenham-v-Leicester.jpg

:sonhmm: Who's next, you say? Heaton? Bring it :sonpoint:

Until he had his injury problems, Heaton was statistically the best English keeper. Pickford doesn't care though.

I'd argue that those stats are skewed by how Burnley set out to play. They are more than most, and even most other defensively-minded teams, ready to concede that they're not the best football team in 80-90% of matches and are okay with given up more chances than they get themselves. But they to a man work their proverbial socks off every single minute of every match to make those opposition chances as contested and low percentage as they possibly can.

I remember watching the match, where Heaton got injured, and Pope had his debut. Dyche was so concerned about Pope, that he kept Heaton on, when he was clearly, to everyone but Dyche, too injured to be effective, before admitting to needing to sub. Yet Pope went to the WC within two seasons of Dyche loathing the idea of him in a PL match.

Hell, they made Hart look half-decent after years of looking a League Two prospect.

They just make keepers look good imo.

We absolutely need to be even more patient than usual, keep grinding it out to create clear chances and not make Heaton look a world-beater.

I'd argue that those stats are skewed by how Burnley set out to play. They are more than most, and even most other defensively-minded teams, ready to concede that they're not the best football team in 80-90% of matches and are okay with given up more chances than they get themselves. But they to a man work their proverbial socks off every single minute of every match to make those opposition chances as contested and low percentage as they possibly can.

I remember watching the match, where Heaton got injured, and Pope had his debut. Dyche was so concerned about Pope, that he kept Heaton on, when he was clearly, to everyone but Dyche, too injured to be effective, before admitting to needing to sub. Yet Pope went to the WC within two seasons of Dyche loathing the idea of him in a PL match.

Hell, they made Hart look half-decent after years of looking a League Two prospect.

They just make keepers look good imo.

We absolutely need to be even more patient than usual, keep grinding it out to create clear chances and not make Heaton look a world-beater.

Agree and it's not just the keepers. Michael Keane got a £30m move off the back of playing for Burnley and he's had an awful time at Everton. James Tarkowsi earned a couple of England caps and even Ben Mee has been in the conversation to be called up. The point is their CBs impress since they play so deep, with lots of protection and the only tasks to put their foot through anything that comes and head everything else away. They don't play out from the back, they don't push up the pitch. And even then they're bailed out by the keepers as you say.

Things are stacked against us but not impossibly so.
It looks like the players truly believe as well, not just soundbytes, they actually think they can do it.
That will make all the difference I hope.

Wins up at Anfield and The Etihad would swing things towards us in a big way. Incredible really that with all the bollocks that's gone on withnthe club this year that these two fixtures could put us on the brink of making history.

Early days and all that but if you asked any Spurs fan if they could be saying such a thing mid February with a genuine seriousness I think every one of us would have taken that situation with both hands. Shows how remarkable our season has been to date, into the knockouts of the Champions League in a group with Inter & Barca & withinntouching distance of the pinnacle of domestic football

I think we can enjoy the ride and see how we fare against Burnley and Chelsea. Win both games and then it's really really game on.

The fixtures certainly aren't in our favour but if you are going to win it you have to beat the best. Harry and Ali coming back to fitness will give the team and fans a well deserved boost and will allow some players a well earned rest. I still think top 4 this season is an exceptional result, all things considered. At the moment the media think we're out of it so there is less pressure to win all our remaining games. hopefully we'll keep our heads down and dig deep as these players clearly want to prove they are the best.

If we do win the league it will be on sheer fight and grit and not quality. For those thinking City or Liverpool will drop points, it is impossible for them both to. We literally have to win every game and still expect the worst case scenario.

For example, if we get 96, Liverpool are still getting 98. That is even with beating them both and finishing above City. Our battle is to show up for the opportunity to be two points behind. Anything else is dreamland and weak.

City know they shouldn't be in the race and 9 times out of 10 Liverpool still win the league. We could win the next four games, and Liverpool could not drop points. We would still be five points behind in a worse position.

Prepare for that discomfort. That is what wins a league.

The fact we play both Liverpool and city is what makes it all interesting and gives us a real chance. It isn't just that they're six pointers, it's what it can do mentally as well - winning those games puts massive pressure on the loser and a boost to the winner. And in a way we only have to be in a situation where winning the last game (Even if a big goal difference to Liverpool is needed) means winning the league. We play Everton and if we need to win 9-0 to overcome Liverpool's superior GD on the last day I guarantee you Everton will have the worst game of their lives but still have smiles on their faces. Fuck Liverpool.

We're still in it. I'm most worried about beating Burnley next to be honest.

Atleast we play Burnley before Liverpool play United.

Great chance to go 2 points off top spot and put a bit of pressure on them before they head to Old Trafford.

Back
Top Bottom