"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

God, fans never learn.

I heard all the same bullshit before we played Pompey at Wembley. "It'll be easy", "they're no match for us", "they don't have the mentality", etc.
I agree... but we are an entirely different beast these days mate. If the chavs want the double, rest assured the cunts will have to work damn hard for it. They'd better have a spine ANd be up for it. We know how easily that team of mercenaries can fold when the going gets tough.

Don't quote Poch, because what Poch says is the opposite of you. He doesn't believe in the pressure of expectation. He believes we take one game at a time, something he has instilled into the players this year. I believe that is much more sensible than the "we're gonna do this, gonna do that" approach. The latter sets us up for a fall and for disappointment.

I've supported this club long enough to know not to celebrate until after a win or until after we achieve something. All the rest of the time, cautious optimism. Nothing more.

You're reading what I said the wrong way. Like Poch, I think players should take games one at a time. Our players are professional. They've learnt from last season, improved their mentality. Poch also thinks anything is possible in football, he has said so many times in lots of circumstances, whether it is Kane reaching 30 goals, Dele reaching higher levels, or Spurs winning the title even though there is a gap. He doesn't give up because a team is ahead, he believes. So do the players. His talking yesterday was all about believing the Chelsea might drop points today and that there are lots of games left still. He didn't say, well they have a game in hand so the gap is 7 points. He said 4 point. That is belief. I'll quote stuff like that from Poch all I like.

If you've lost the joy of belief against the odds then fine, keep your expectations low and avoid disappointment. Maybe you gave up when we were 1 nil down to Swansea to save yourself potential pain. I didn't. I believed we'd win. We did. For me, I enjoy the challenge against the odds, believing my team can do it against the odds, and if we fall short then I won't be disappointed actually because I know we will have given everything.

As I said before, I understand your view. But it's your view and it's not mine. I've supported the club for many years too, endured the same failures and nearly moments. I don't have to support the club the exact same way as you though mate.

Anyhow. We don't stand a chance at the league according to this...
useroff.gif
cornelius
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • star.gif
    star.gif
    star.gif
    star.gif
    star.gif
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"

xx.gif

Re: The Top Six Mini-League and the Run In...
« Reply #803 on: Today at 06:47:27 PM »

Some serious fucking bedwetting going on in here again.
Quote from: jillc on Today at 06:43:11 PM

Fourth? I'm aiming for third not fourth.
Fuck that, I've still got my eye on at least 2nd place.
:levystare:
:pocheyes:

I agree... but we are an entirely different beast these days mate. If the chavs want the double, rest assured the cunts will have to work damn hard for it. They'd better have a spine ANd be up for it. We know how easily that team of mercenaries can fold when the going gets tough.

Like we did last year you mean? And in Europe this year.

Add in the fact it's at Wembley where our record isn't exactly earth shattering, makes this game anything but a gimme. I make us 55/45 favourites ... no more than that.

US. 5 wins 1 Defeat = 86 pts
Chelsea <removed>s. 3 Wins 1 draw 2 Defeats = 85 points

Why Not ? :kaneear:

We won't win every game. Nor will they.

Fuck it. It's highly unlikely. But it could happen.

I think that's likely myself, given the form and the pressures. I don't fancy playing Leicester away, they've got a hate for us after last season and I think they'll want to return Chelsea the favour from last year. Other than that I see us winning the rest.

A full on cunt level comment. Fuck off with that "gave up" shit.

Fuck you too. Trying to instruct me on how to support my club.

You talk about avoiding disappointment then get upset when I question if you gave up when we were losing in the last minute of a game. What do you expect me to think? True though, isn't it...you gave up in that game, didn't you. Bet if I looked at the match thread I'd see that. How else would you avoid disappointment, which seems to be your main aim?

I'm not saying shit because Leicester will fucking love to do one over us at theirs to ruin our chances.

Not sure why (well i do) but a proper rivalry has grown between us over the last couple

Fuck you too. Trying to instruct me on how to support my club.

You talk about avoiding disappointment then get upset when I question if you gave up when we were losing in the last minute of a game. What do you expect me to think? True though, isn't it...you gave up in that game, didn't you. Bet if I looked at the match thread I'd see that.
I talk of cautious optimism and you use it an an excuse to rip apart the support of a fellow fan.

It may not have occurred to that brain of yours that thinking a game is going to be hard to win in the dying minutes a match does not equate to throwing the towel in and giving up hope. In fact, without looking, I'm not sure I even said anything of the sort during the Swansea game anyway, but I do know I was celebrating hard when the goals went in. Someone who gives up would have stopped watching, and frankly if I did say anything that indicated I was giving up, post the fucking comment or STFU, because I'm pretty sure I didn't.

You made a low level comment, and not you're being even more of an arse by trying to justify it. Shameful.

We are THFC.

Too many people associating this club with the late 90s shit and forgetting the 100 years before that.
Fuck that, why shouldnt we talk about the title?

We are 4 points off with 18 to play for.

Jinx? Oh do one, your'e no better than Ade and his fucking JuJu then. What will be will be, and a thread or discussing it has no bearing on that.

We might not win it, but we are right in the mix, and I think we can fucking win the league.

Imagine how twitchy their bums will be throughout the Southampton game. The longer the game goes on without a goal...

Id expect Chelsea to dismantle Southampton at home to be honest but they get a days less rest than us and Southampton CAN be tricky opponents if the stars align.

If we can get into next month 2 or 3 points behind them, we'll do it in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom