"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's on....but I won't hold much hope that we will in but it is good to dream, no harm in that.

Seems a very strange feeling, Tottenham in the title race and it's April..... But I like it.

COYS

God, fans never learn.

I heard all the same bullshit before we played Pompey at Wembley. "It'll be easy", "they're no match for us", "they don't have the mentality", etc.

I understand your view, but I believe the mentality of the club is completely different now. I think Chelsea are overrated, I think the pressure has already got to them and recent results support that view. They're still favorites for the league because they currently have an advantage, but I think we have the edge in the cup.

Double or bust.........
:allitongue::sonpoint::wanyama::walker-scream::pochlol::levywhoa::kanegoal:
Sophie-Rose-hot-dress.jpg

Watch people say 'we bottled it' when Chelsea drop a couple points but we fail to win all of our games. If we win every game that'd mean we'd won 13 on the spin, which frankly is mental.

All things considered we've done incredibly well, and should we fall short, anyone trying to claim we're bottlers needs to take a long hard look at themselves and their dog shite team.

The loser of the cup match will likely be the loser of the title IMO.

Agree with that. With regards to the cup, it's important not to beat Chelsea and for the team to feel like we've then won it already, before the final is played. I don't think Poch would allow that to happen but getting it in your head that you've already won before you have is dangerous. Look at Chelsea, I think they felt they had won the league back when they narrowly beat Stoke 5 games ago.

Double is on for us in my opinion. 4 points is fuck all over 6 games with pressure on and the divergence of form between our two clubs. Irrespective of the league I just can't see us losing to them in the FA Cup. A draw at 90 minutes would be the best they could hope for in my opinion, we have an attitude of not being beat. Let's be honest, who is the one team they don't want to play next, especially in a game that you can't draw? Us. Their minds have already gone.

Why shouldn't we believe? Poch says that in football, anything is possible. i believe him.
Don't quote Poch, because what Poch says is the opposite of you. He doesn't believe in the pressure of expectation. He believes we take one game at a time, something he has instilled into the players this year. I believe that is much more sensible than the "we're gonna do this, gonna do that" approach. The latter sets us up for a fall and for disappointment.

I've supported this club long enough to know not to celebrate until after a win or until after we achieve something. All the rest of the time, cautious optimism. Nothing more.

The loser of the cup match will likely be the loser of the title IMO.
Nah. We are quite capable of winning the match, and we may well do. But in order to win the title we basically have to rely on another side to drop points, not just keep winning. There is a significant difference.

The most likely chance of silverware this season is an FA Cup for us with the league to Chelsea, in my opinioin. But even then I am not expecting either. I just take it how it comes.

Nah. We are quite capable of winning the match, and we may well do. But in order to win the title we basically have to rely on another side to drop points, not just keep winning. There is a significant difference.

The most likely chance of silverware this season is an FA Cup for us with the league to Chelsea, in my opinioin. But even then I am not expecting either. I just take it how it comes.

Maybe. Just have to wait and see. One thing i do know - we need to beat them next week!

US. 5 wins 1 Defeat = 86 pts
Chelsea <removed>s. 3 Wins 1 draw 2 Defeats = 85 points

Why Not ? :kaneear:

We won't win every game. Nor will they.

Fuck it. It's highly unlikely. But it could happen.

Just keep doing our best one game at a time! It would be amazing to beat Chelsea in FA cup semi, but please no injuries! We need to finish strong. We've got the mentality and hungry lads wanting to do more for the team.

Palace away, that's all I'm thinking about.

Not an easy game on their current form.

Winning the league is possible of course, but the planets need to align in a ridiculous fashion for that to happen. And we need to see something from this group of players that we don't often see
When it matters ... bottle.

Lots of questions still to be answered so I refuse to get excited yet.

Back
Top Bottom