"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I honestly believe we are going to win the league!
Why not dream?
We have been ravaged with injuries to key players, without Sonny while he had to cement his status as a national hero, given no chance in the press. And yet here we are, with a very winnable game against Burnley (assuming we turn up on the day) whilst Liverpool have a very tough game against their nemesis.
We could actually be 2 points behind them and city by the end of this month...
Why not eh?

Why not dream?
We have been ravaged with injuries to key players, without Sonny while he had to cement his status as a national hero, given no chance in the press. And yet here we are, with a very winnable game against Burnley (assuming we turn up on the day) whilst Liverpool have a very tough game against their nemesis.
We could actually be 2 points behind them and city by the end of this month...
Why not eh?
I just think the squad has matured, we have ground out results while down to the bare bones and we now have Harry and Dele to come back into the team for the run in, let’s just take it one game at a time but I’m confident this team has the nerve to see out the title race this season! :tobyarm:

I honestly believe we are going to win the league!

To be fair, I feel a lot more confident this season than I did during the 16/17 season when we broke all kinds of club records, had our last season at White Hart Lane and went on that great winning run towards the end, which is odd considering we are 3rd right now and 5 points behind.

I won't start to 100% believe though unless we are at least 3 points behind top going into Anfield away.

To be fair, I feel a lot more confident this season than I did during the 16/17 season when we broke all kinds of club records, had our last season at White Hart Lane and went on that great winning run towards the end, which is odd considering we are 3rd right now and 5 points behind.

I won't start to 100% believe though unless we are at least 3 points behind top going into Anfield away.

I too will be holding off believing or saying it in public for a while yet, but I think this is the first time we've actually been involved in something you'd term "a title race". (Since I started supporting Spurs, obviously, I am aware we've won it before!) The only other two recent occasions where we've been painted as being involved in a title race we were absolutely miles behind for months and had no chance. It's always a shocker to look at the Christmas league table the year Leicester won it and see how many teams above us utterly choked, but that never gets mentioned now.

I do think we can go surprisingly far in the Champions League, though. I was confident ahead of Dortmund so trust me on this one!

Will you start to believe if we are 2 points off top next weekend :levyeyes:

If Liverpool lose to Utd, I'd be excited.

But we still have to go to Stamford Bridge and play a North London Derby before going to Anfield.

Losing Lingard & Martial for this one is a big loss for Man U. Typical and Liverpool can't say that they haven't had a fair old amount of luck this year with how other teams injuries have gone when it comes around to playing them but I agree, that Man U game is a juicy one that can seriously change our mindsets this season. One of the things I love about being contenders is how I can enjoy so many more matches that don't involve us. Proper bang for your buck!

As long as we're 'still in it' going into the away matches at Anfield and the €tihad... as well as the NLD, then you could say things are still somewhat in our hands... that's all we can hope for... the rest is up to us.

Losing Lingard & Martial for this one is a big loss for Man U. Typical and Liverpool can't say that they haven't had a fair old amount of luck this year with how other teams injuries have gone when it comes around to playing them but I agree, that Man U game is a juicy one that can seriously change our mindsets this season. One of the things I love about being contenders is how I can enjoy so many more matches that don't involve us. Proper bang for your buck!

Yep completely with you. It's all the permutations that are intriguing.

It's nearly like investing as much energy in other outcomes as much as our own games.

If Liverpool lose to Utd, I'd be excited.

But we still have to go to Stamford Bridge and play a North London Derby before going to Anfield.
Right.

Tbf though, we really should be putting Chelsea and Woolwich away, they are as average as they have ever been. If we don’t....then yeah we’re pretending.

The team has done a great job of grinding out unlikely wins recently, but the Dortmund game we finally showed what we can be. Wipe them out, all of them.

giphy.gif

It’s unlikely. Incredibly unlikely. But as it stands we don’t necessarily need to win EVERY game, as it depends on other results.

We need Liverpool to lose at least one more game, and we win the corresponding fixture to be 2 points behind. Ideally next weekend.

We have to beat City AND Liverpool.

Match their points tally/results in other matches.

Sounds so simple. (Apart from the middle bit)

But by the time we face them, the permutations may have changed. That said to win the thing we may as well do it the hard way!

Back
Top Bottom