You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts - Sign up here

"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by jonomarch, 16 Apr 2017.

1. Notabadsquad

Agree with much of this but games not in our favour usually means periods where runs of games, on paper at least are more favourable.

All teams played twice and all that.

2. Nutter-Naylor

Supporter

Liverpool lose to Man U

We win the rest of our games this season.

Premier and Champions League double.

Chill. We got this.

• Like x 17
    • Funny x 1
  3. Notabadsquad

#2183 Notabadsquad, 11 Feb 2019
    Last edited: 11 Feb 2019
    Interesting analysis but hugely flawed because it assumes games are simply won and lost, without impact to psyche.

Where I agree is on our season's overall performances. We have the points but not the artistry and finesse of previous years under Pochettino. (In itself it would be interesting to know how people view that?)

City are favourites. No doubt at all. Been there, done it and playing at a higher level than us and Liverpool, who really do not have a squad that is so much better than ours.

But City have games galore to contend with and are likely to suffer some injuries as a result.

Liverpool got lucky in having to face Bournemouth at their place because the south coast outfit are a mix of capability. Saturday they were B1. Against Chelsea B4.

Burnley and Chelsea. If we get 4 points and that's good but maybe not enough to keep the pressure on. Get 6 points and then the players will be on a wave.

But I think it is very difficult to see games and just say win, win, win. See Leicester and West Ham to have that laid bare.

• Agree x 2
  4. Airfixx

Swollen Member

:dembelefingers:

• Agree x 5
    • Funny x 2
  5. Airfixx

Swollen Member

How can i put this....

Bollocks to your crystal ball.

• Funny x 7
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  6. Bazali

Will a beach ball make an appearance?

7. mouse

#2187 mouse, 11 Feb 2019
    Last edited: 11 Feb 2019
    Our odds have gone up again.

I had a go a week ago when pissed after the Newcastle result at 22/ 1. We then dropped to 20/1 after the dippers lost to West Ham. Shot back up to 25/1 after Citys result on Wednesday.

Sky Bet now offering 28/1 !

To me it reflects on how our chances are essentially reliant on City and Pool dropping points in games they "should" be winning. We could get maximum points from our games against Woolwich and Chelsea. Liverpool could lose to Utd. But we would still need wins at Anfield and / or COM to be in with a shout imo.

I'm not saying it wont happen. But i have less faith in us picking up maximum points in games we "should" be winning.

Ultimately, I'm happy where we are. Third would still be a very good achievement with everything that has been going on this season. And it would make a change going into the run in with things so comfortable behind us.

Plus lol at the chavs, lol at the gooners.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  8. Tottenham Sean

Alan Shearer is making some nice noises about us at the moment

• Like x 1
  9. VirginiaSpur

Supporter Never Forget What

28/1 isn't bad. If I were a gambling Englishman I might drop a 50 on that. To me, 28/1 odds implies a greater stretch than 5 points off top, with a game in hand.

• Agree x 1
  10. TWO2HEY

I've not been on here a lot recently so only just catching up during a slow work day but geez I have no idea why some of you follow football at all!

Yes - we may be the least likely of the top 3 to win the league but so what?! Dream a little. Believe a little. Who cares that it may not happen?! Enjoy it. Enjoy the nerves. Enjoy the excitement. Enjoy the dream.

We could be 6th, worrying about another season in the Europa. Or we could be nowhere in the league living off a one-off freak occurrence. We could be worrying about relegation. I'd rather dream. I'd rather get excited.

#COYMFS!!!!!

• Agree x 9
    • Like x 5
  11. MemphisWill

Twitter:
    @onememphiswill
    I agree. We're gonna win the league! :pochohshit:

Until the next time we drop points, at which point we're just lucky we aren't getting relegated. :pochsulk:

• Funny x 1
  12. Bazali

It shouldn’t make any difference but it all depends on the referees and Sky’s agenda at the time
    Who knows they might do an about turn and regard us a plucky little underdog
    Don’t count on it though!!

• Like x 1
  13. SpursUltra

I like your enthusiasm.

But it also strikes me as someone who hasn’t been to Wembley and watch us lose 100million semi finals recently.
    The human spirit can only take so much.......

So stay positive!

• Funny x 2
  14. TWO2HEY

I don't get up to London as much as I like but I've been around a while.

I remember the joy of sitting in front of the tv all day in 1991 for the cup final, insisting that my 6 month old sister be put to sit with me cos she had to learn too (it didn't stick unfortunately).

It cos of the Sugar years, the near misses, etc that we should be excited. FFS - we have a chance to win the league! Everyone should be buzzing!

I'm nervous. I'm excited. I'm hating the fact that the Dippers are up there too and dreading if they don't slip up. I can't wait for each game to see if the dream lives on.

If the disappointment comes, then it comes. Until then I'm keeping the faith!

:tobyarm::pochlol::llorishowudoin::kanegoal::lamelaaghh:

• Like x 5
    • Agree x 3
  15. charge

Once we've won the league, what do we worry about then?

• Funny x 1
  16. TWO2HEY

'The Spurs players have won the league. They need to move for a new challenge.'

• Agree x 3
    • Funny x 3
  17. Park Lane Mark Twain

This would be the exact angle everyone would push. They've achieved now it's time to prove it wasn't a fluke by doing it in another league.

If the whole Messi isn't world class because he hasn't proved it at a different team or at a World Cup narrative still floats about, these gormless people will clearly shake their stick at others in moronic fashion for many a year.

Imagine not thinking Messi is world class because he has only played for Barcelona and hasn't won a World Cup. Fucking tools

18. Murphy

Well said. I keep saying similar.

• Agree x 1
  19. Jerry

CL

• Like x 1
  20. ajachilles

Entitled Cunt

Yesterday on NBC the announcers said something along the lines of;
    If Tottenham can hold on and win this game they will stay in the title picture, but they still have to play both City and Liverpool again.

Shouldn't the proper commentary have been;
    If Spurs can see this match out they are well and truly in the title race as they still get to play both City and Liverpool again.

• Agree x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted
If you see people ruining threads with off-topic discussion, arguing or personal abuse, use the 'Foul' link at the bottom of their post to vote for them to be sent off. More info