Time to Act

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You mean your second paragraph? I totally agree with you on that, but that is a different thing. I would LOVE it if the vocal part of the support can increase.
But I still think it is decreasing and I am sad about that. I applaud you for wanting to keep it and will join in! But it was not my point...

Unfortunately we are in an arms race, and football has come to a point where it is based on money, which is why Levy is such a stupendous chairman, the best we could possibly have. The fans are vital, but the vital fans are those who have deep pockets, because we must pay and pay a lot to achieve the heights we demand.
I mourn the passing of the vocal supporter, but that is the past, as is hooliganism which I don't mourn.
Boycotting will not affect ticket prices - it will just allow the teams which don't have boycotts to overtake us.
The author is right in saying it is fans who are driving the price up, and it is our expectations and demands which are doing that.
Fine, if you want to boycott, do it, but realise that you are boycotting the club to a lower division.
If you want us in the CL and to win the PL again, we have to pay. It is only thanks to Levy that we are not paying more to keep us where we are.
does success really mean that much to you that you'd happily carry on paying stupid prices to go to games just to get a sniff at it?

Unfortunately we are in an arms race, and football has come to a point where it is based on money, which is why Levy is such a stupendous chairman, the best we could possibly have. The fans are vital, but the vital fans are those who have deep pockets, because we must pay and pay a lot to achieve the heights we demand.
I mourn the passing of the vocal supporter, but that is the past, as is hooliganism which I don't mourn.
Boycotting will not affect ticket prices - it will just allow the teams which don't have boycotts to overtake us.
The author is right in saying it is fans who are driving the price up, and it is our expectations and demands which are doing that.
Fine, if you want to boycott, do it, but realise that you are boycotting the club to a lower division.
If you want us in the CL and to win the PL again, we have to pay. It is only thanks to Levy that we are not paying more to keep us where we are.
Really? Really?

does success really mean that much to you that you'd happily carry on paying stupid prices to go to games just to get a sniff at it?
For me no, I prefer to see great attacking football and I will live with the defeats that come with that. But that is the policy being followed by the club as driven by what is probably the desire of the majority of fans - just look at the numbers on forums who have unreasonable demands for signings each transfer window (probably less on this forum than others I have seen!)
It might not be the majority opinion, but it is certainly the impression you get from the press and the media. I fear the thinking, traditional Spurs fan is unusual these days.

Really? Really?

1344899030830.gif

Yup. It takes money to stay in the PL. OK, maybe not you, but a majority of fans boycotting will hurt the club financially (or it wouldn't be worthwhile) and that will have an effect on results on the pitch.
Not sure I agree with that, wouldn't boycott every game anyway.

Back
Top Bottom