Tim Krul

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

would you say Friedel dominates his area at set pieces or distributes well? Personally I think he does ok at those but nothing special, but because of the team in front of him his abilities and "steadiness" are perfect. Given his age I'd be more than happy with Krul or Vorm, although I'd still have Foster too.

I can see us getting Krul before the start of his last season in contract - by which point, Friedel may be on the way out. Might be perfect for all the parties concerned - Krul gets a step up (assuming that Newcastle start slipping & don't stay where they are in the table), Newcastle get a decent amount of money for a keeper who would leave for nothing, we get him at the right time & when he's cheapest.

Oh, and playing Kranjcar/Pienaar on the right would have at least shown whether we do have 'strength in depth' rather than them just being resources we don't draw on - I think Redknapp was so keen to keep all the people who expect first team football happy that he didn't want to give someone a chance who could do the job.

drwinston001 said:
would you say Friedel dominates his area at set pieces or distributes well? Personally I think he does ok at those but nothing special, but because of the team in front of him his abilities and "steadiness" are perfect. Given his age I'd be more than happy with Krul or Vorm, although I'd still have Foster too.

Yeah I'd probably agree, but he is very solid at those things. Vorm would frighten me he looks such a liability, Foster isn't even that good at shot stopping let alone the other basics.

I think Brad plays it fine - he takes crosses he is confident on - and seems to get them all the time. Others he lets the defenders deal with, if they dont he is there to try and make a save.

IMO much better than Gomes cmoing out and causing carnage all the time.

I think his distrobution is very good too. You can jsut see his is calm and collected and his years of experience show I think. As Ledley said - he has calmed the defence down.

Every time I see his name, it reminds me of this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndpV6qfQJVw[/youtube]

There was a time when these special effects were the nuts.

Then I feel old again. :harryblow:

While people have given Friedel a bit of credit, I think he deserves significantly more. He's got everything that you could ask for in a keeper. When looking around the league, i don't think there are many keepers with his level of consistency. He's been one of the top keepers in the EPL for years. While I agree that Krul would be a great signing, at this point, he is not as reliable as Brad.

Back
Top Bottom