Tim Krul

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AberdeenYid

I'm very rarely proud of myself
Just watching him on MOTD. Have been massively impressed with him all season.

We need to sign him in the summer. If our transfer window is just him, I will be so happy I will crash my yogurt all over my laptop.

Said this whilst watching the game earlier.

Would be a great signing.

I listened to the second half on the radio in the car and they were saying that a Geordie newspaper was reporting this morning that we were interested in signing him

Krul would be a top, top signing for us. :harrylick:

Having said that I wouldn't be happy if he was our only transfer dealing this summer. We'd be fucked! Well, assuming we haven't already plugged the other gaps in January.

Don't think we will be able to sign him. Why would Newcastle want to sell him? If they do it will be for a huge amount of cash.

CJM said:
Don't think we will be able to sign him. Why would Newcastle want to sell him? If they do it will be for a huge amount of cash.

He has a contract until July 2014, so will definitely take some money to get him. However, they are in no position to turn down decent money, especially if the player decides he wants to go, which if rumours start we want him, could well happen, especially as he knows we are looking for a long term first choice keeper.

You lot think we don't have gaps? Lennon being injured showed we have nobody who can play on the right, despite having about a million midfielders. It screwed our system where we tried VDV there and moaned about him not tracking back, we tried Bale there and it didn't work, Modric there and it was a waste of his talent. Alright, we won't be 'fucked' if we don't sign a midfielder who can play on the right but it will undermine us if Lennon is injured again. The Newcastle game would have been very different if Lennon was fit IMO.

Then the obvious thing is we are very reliant on the fitness of Adebayor. Without him our system will be screwed like a choirboy at the Emirates. We need to get shot of Pav, and replace him with a top quality striker - I'd say at the moment that is a gap.

S.L.R said:
You lot think we don't have gaps? Lennon being injured showed we have nobody who can play on the right, despite having about a million midfielders. It screwed our system where we tried VDV there and moaned about him not tracking back, we tried Bale there and it didn't work, Modric there and it was a waste of his talent. Alright, we won't be 'fucked' if we don't sign a midfielder who can play on the right but it will undermine us if Lennon is injured again. The Newcastle game would have been very different if Lennon was fit IMO.

You may have just worked out what Pienaar is for....

I worked out what Pienaar is for ages ago. Increase our fanbase in South Africa. After all, it's such a lucrative market.

Krul is very good but then so is Vorm. I think Vorm is in his late 20's though and there's not much difference between them so I'd plum for Krul too. Having said that I'm sure I watched something with Friedel saying he believed he had at least another season after this in him. If we improve as much next season as we have this, will we even need a keeper?

Tbh I don't rate Vorm and don't think he's looked that good at all. Always looks ready to throw the ball into the back of his own net. Makes David James look like Jonty Rhodes.
IMO of course

linnet_spur said:
Tbh I don't rate Vorm and don't think he's looked that good at all. Always looks ready to throw the ball into the back of his own net. Makes David James look like Jonty Rhodes.
IMO of course

He has made some very good saves at times. Reminds me a little bit like Gomes...must be 'keepers in that dutch league!

YidoBuckler said:
linnet_spur said:
IMO of course

He has made some very good saves at times. Reminds me a little bit like Gomes...must be 'keepers in that dutch league!

The problem is you can go down to the bottom of the football league and find keepers who can make very good saves. Top keepers are the ones who can do that and dominate their area from set pieces etc, whilst also being able to distribute the ball well.

Back
Top Bottom