Thought we had new owners for a minute...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not pretending to be any sort of ITK or know someone who claims to be...

However, something I've been told by a couple of people now is that Dave Checketts has meetings with Levy and ENIC over the next few weeks. Checketts has advised consortiums and businesses on takeovers of NFL and NBA clubs, as well as being involved with the Burnley takeover.

The word is owners of NFL have a massive interest in buying Spurs, as a consortium.

I'm not sure how much I believe it, because THFC are a goldmine for ENIC, but only time will tell I guess.

However, something I've been told by a couple of people now is that Dave Checketts has meetings with Levy and ENIC over the next few weeks. Checketts has advised consortiums and businesses on takeovers of NFL and NBA clubs, as well as being involved with the Burnley takeover.

The word is owners of NFL have a massive interest in buying Spurs, as a consortium.

I'm not sure how much I believe it, because THFC are a goldmine for ENIC, but only time will tell I guess.

:levywhoa: It better be Dave Big Chequetts

What do you mean THFC are a goldmine? Pls explain

They are a goldmine when they sell

Whom do you mean by the owners of the NFL?
If you mean the owners of the franchises then both Woolwich and United owners are part of that group and they wouldn’t be allowed to own Spurs.
Checketts is part owner of Burnley and doesn’t have a role with the NFL to my knowledge. His Burnley stake, to my knowledge, comes from his association with Real Salt Lake president Alan Pace.

Gold mine because they earn millions ever match day/ year imo plus the every growing value of the club
None of that is cash in their pocket - it’s growing the clubs revenue, just means a bigger sale price (which is when they get weighed in)

Whom do you mean by the owners of the NFL?
If you mean the owners of the franchises then both Woolwich and United owners are part of that group and they wouldn’t be allowed to own Spurs.
Checketts is part owner of Burnley and doesn’t have a role with the NFL to my knowledge. His Burnley stake, to my knowledge, comes from his association with Real Salt Lake president Alan Pace.
Like I said, this is just something I saw in a group message, it could be complete bollocks.

It could be other owners, or it could NBA owners. I really don't much more than what I was told.

“Burnley board are all Mormons. Dave Checketts invited Megs brother up for the man utd game as a guest. So he was sat with Southgate, Wright, the Burnley owner, and David Gill for the meal. Elliot got told by Dave Checketts he’s in London looking at Spurs with a consortium. As they want to get a link to NFL, NBA and Spurs”

That's what the message said. For context Meg is my mates fiance. Doesn't really like football so no reason to lie about it.

Last edited:
Like I said, this is just something I saw in a group message, it could be complete bollocks.

It could be other owners, or it could NBA owners. I really don't much more than what I was told.

“Burnley board are all Mormons. Dave Checketts invited Megs brother up for the man utd game as a guest. So he was sat with Southgate, Wright, the Burnley owner, and David Gill for the meal. Elliot got told by Dave Checketts he’s in London looking at Spurs with a consortium. As they want to get a link to NFL, NBA and Spurs”

That's what the message said.
Megs brother ?

So we are relying on Meghan Markle‘s or Gary Megson’s brother to take us forward

LEVY IN

Back
Top Bottom