THFC v. Coventry City (Home), 5.1.2013 15:00 (FA CUP! 1882!)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

(I'm 1–0, so I'm continuing my streak.)​
Football Factory, the novel, begins with a line like "The only good thing to ever come out of Coventry were the Specials." I don't know if that's true or not, but I do know that the Specials are great. This is what they looked like when they were busy being great:​
84zQz.jpg
According to my iTunes, the three Specials songs I've played the most are "Too Much, Too Young", "Little Bitch", and "Hey, Little Rich Girl". It may be the case that I've put all three of these songs on mixes I made for someone with whom I was a bit upset.​
Here are those three songs, if you need to get a bit wound up.​

But Coventry's fortunes, like that of the Specials (and of Coventry City FC) are largely in the past. Still, both the football club and the city sport a flash elephant wearing a tower in their crest. But even that stroke of genius has been ripped off by the tourist-hungry French in Nantes:​
wD8ff.jpg
(Yes, this is an elephant you can ride around the city.)​
If you want the history of our meetings, check out the history thread.​
According to one of our newest members, SBA , Coventry are bringing over 5000 fans. As this match is also an official 1882 event, that means that our lads have their work cut out for them. Gents, try to limit the singing on the trains and in the pubs, so that your pipes still work in the 80th minute! We don't want it to be a "Ghost Town"! But keep in mind Dog Dog 's request to drink a lot of beer. Instead of singing, perhaps take up dancing and "Do the Dog"?​
The match begins at 1500 BST, which is 1700 Vilnius time and 1000 EST. Again, it will not be televised in the UK, and so far even the listings come up blank, making me suspect this will involve some UK proxying and BBC radioplayering on my end.​
I think we won't have much difficulty dealing with League One opposition—we're not Woolwich, after all—but the Coventry supporters encourage us not to underestimate them, and I don't think AVB will. I suspect Gramps will return to the net, and we may even see BAE put in a shift, which would be glorious.​
And please tell your racist friends not to attend. Actually, now is the time for your friendship to end. (OK, that's The Special AKA, but…)​
3–0 Spurs.​

'Do you remember the good old days before the ghost town' sums up Coventry perfectly ;)

2-0 Spurs win
1882 will sing for the shirt
Beer will be drank and pies consumed

A note on getting a stream. You won't if it's not on UK television. FA cup and League cup games don't get live coverage in foreign countries, because the premier league don't have the rights to whore them out.

BAE is playing tomorrow! Check his twitter!

"I hav game tmw, I need lift lol" along those lines

Good Baker will tear him apart on our right LOL LOL then again maybe not ! Got to have a laugh hey - enjoy the match.

Good Baker will tear him apart on our right LOL LOL then again maybe not ! Got to have a laugh hey - enjoy the match.

Your striker - David McCormak - number 31, he is going to be destroyed by Caulker and Dawson! :adegrin:

Back
Top Bottom