THFC 2018/19 Player of The Year

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Time to start to think about it - Select your TOP THREE

• Total voters
He's certainly had some good performances along with an equal number of poor performances. If that makes him our third best player of the season I stand by my comment that it says a lot about our team this season.

I dont think you've watched spurs, this season or any other.

Either that or you simply are clueless.

I don’t know how anyone can leave Winks out of a top three, gone from playing a handful of league games before this season to being by a country mile our best midfielder, including putting in some outstanding performances in big/tough games. Spurs kid through and through as well.
Toss up between him and Kane for the 3rd selection for me. Didn't think Winks was that good early part of the season, whilst being good on the ball, he really left a lot to be desired off the ball, looked lost. Last 3 months he's nailing that side of his game too. With a handful of games still to go I it's between these two. I might swap depending on their influence in these remaining games.

But Kane is only ONE goal off the golden boot despite being out injured for 6 weeks and in a team that hasn't been that fluid this year, it could be argued that Kane has been more influential this year than in previous seasons as a result in us not having that spark and goals from Dele/Eriksen/Lucas/Lamela, so for that alone no way can I yet pick Winks (he's had nothing like the influence as Kane).

Toss up between him and Kane for the 3rd selection for me. Didn't think Winks was that good early part of the season, whilst being good on the ball, he really left a lot to be desired off the ball, looked lost. Last 3 months he's nailing that side of his game too. With a handful of games still to go I it's between these two. I might swap depending on their influence in these remaining games.

But Kane is only ONE goal off the golden boot despite being out injured for 6 weeks and in a team that hasn't been that fluid this year, it could be argued that Kane has been more influential this year than in previous seasons as a result in us not having that spark and goals from Dele/Eriksen/Lucas/Lamela, so for that alone no way can I yet pick Winks (he's had nothing like the influence as Kane).

I had a similar dilemma, but between Kane and Son. Son stepped up at a vital time, despite his World Cup exploits, the turmoil of failing there and then two more international tournaments, but if we really weigh it up rationally, Kane has still contributed more to our season than Son. And if we include Kane or Son, then we still have to consider Eriksen. For all the lull in pizzazz lately, he's still influenced us being in the top 4 massively over the course of the season, our third most productive player in terms of raw goals/assists, he's now being asked to do a completely different role for much of this season, helping to hold a midfield together as well as being expected to still create and score, I think if you were to objectively quantify it - ie who scores/assists, who sees the ball the most, who covers more ground - Eriksen would probably top that collective algorithm. Then you factor in that nobody in our team provides the intelligence he does, hard to quantify or qualify, we are not the same team when he is not there. Alli brings some of that, as does Kane but nowhere near the same influence.

It's a toughie.

I had a similar dilemma, but between Kane and Son. Son stepped up at a vital time, despite his World Cup exploits, the turmoil of failing there and then two more international tournaments, but if we really weigh it up rationally, Kane has still contributed more to our season than Son. And if we include Kane or Son, then we still have to consider Eriksen. For all the lull in pizzazz lately, he's still influenced us being in the top 4 massively over the course of the season, our third most productive player in terms of raw goals/assists, he's now being asked to do a completely different role for much of this season, helping to hold a midfield together as well as being expected to still create and score, I think if you were to objectively quantify it - ie who scores/assists, who sees the ball the most, who covers more ground - Eriksen would probably top that collective algorithm. Then you factor in that nobody in our team provides the intelligence he does, hard to quantify or qualify, we are not the same team when he is not there. Alli brings some of that, as does Kane but nowhere near the same influence.

It's a toughie.
Yeah agree with that. I think the player of the year should also have something more about him, an 'X' factor on top of what you mentioned, which is why Kane gets the nod over Winks still and also probably why I haven't included Eriksen (who I adore and still do). And also why I've gone for Son, who during his purple patch was a joy to watch.

The 3rd choice is proving to be quite hard to select as there are about 4 players I could make a case for, I think I'm going to let my heart rather than my head decide this one and make my mind up on the penultimate game.

It's a toughie.
Probably your best post on this forum. Includes pizza.

This is a difficult season to pick a stand out player really.

Although in the big individual matches such as the Dortmund game in the champions league it's gotta be Jan for me.

Voted Son, Jan, Sissoko but I fear i'm taking Big Daddy Goat for granted now. :eriksenserious:

Surprise to see Son so high and Kane so low. Kane is mr.consistent; Son for me had two and half months (December-Febuary) where he was great, before that, he was terrible and since then he's been average.

My top 3:
Jan
Sissoko
Winks

Kane and Son would make the top 5.

Last edited:
Changed my vote to include Harry instead of Sonny, but I'm sure I'll change my mind yet again before the end of the season.....woman's perogative 'n all that!

Back
Top Bottom