The Striker Dossier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Man , looking at all the options here, it really does some very bleak. Most of the strikers who would make a really good impact are out of our range either in terms of fees/wages/Spurs not big enough for them and the options that are realistic don't really improve the team by that much.

Really hope Mitchell and the others have someone scouted out who will hopefully be the answer to all our striker troubles of the recent past.

Man , looking at all the options here, it really does some very bleak. Most of the strikers who would make a really good impact are out of our range either in terms of fees/wages/Spurs not big enough for them and the options that are realistic don't really improve the team by that much.

Really hope Mitchell and the others have someone scouted out who will hopefully be the answer to all our striker troubles of the recent past.
Totally agree with this. Doesn't matter how good someone is at another club, a transfer is always a gamble, just because they perform well at one club doesn't guarantee that they will maintain that standard at their new club. IMO, players are like plants, just because they flourish in one part of the garden, doesn't mean they will grow as well if you uproot them and plant them somewhere else.
Our best bet is to try and unearth an unknown a la Harry, but the chances of that happening again so soon is pretty unlikely.

Totally agree with this. Doesn't matter how good someone is at another club, a transfer is always a gamble, just because they perform well at one club doesn't guarantee that they will maintain that standard at their new club. IMO, players are like plants, just because they flourish in one part of the garden, doesn't mean they will grow as well if you uproot them and plant them somewhere else.
Our best bet is to try and unearth an unknown a la Harry, but the chances of that happening again so soon is pretty unlikely.
i like your players are plants analogy. made me think if spurs players were plants what plant would they be. i will start with danny rose...... nope, cant think of anything. this games too hard. i give up!

Our options were looking bleak at the start of the season....maybe we can find another lump that can be moulded into another Harry Kane...

callum wilson of bournemouth. watched him a lot as they are my 2nd team. very fast, good finisher, great composure, strong, links up well & young. buy him & loan him back to them for next season.

1473031-31457740-1600-900.jpg

Name: Wilfried Bony
Nation: Cote d'Ivoire
Club: Manchester City
Estimated price: 20m

1473031-31457740-1600-900.jpg

Name: Wilfried Bony
Nation: Cote d'Ivoire
Club: Manchester City
Estimated price: 20m
I was just saying yesterday that I can never understand why players are happier to warm a bench at a big club rather than be the star at a lesser club. Its a short enough career and surely you want to be playing as much as humanly possible.

I was just saying yesterday that I can never understand why players are happier to warm a bench at a big club rather than be the star at a lesser club. Its a short enough career and surely you want to be playing as much as humanly possible.
It's all about money these days.

Back
Top Bottom