The Striker Dossier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It means absolutely nothing and you know it as well as I do - becoming aggressive over discussing potential targets who would improve the team - well, who would have thought it ... Forgive me for wanting to move forward and compete. Else the fact DL even mentions
4th these days is quite frankly fucking laughable
I forgive you for wanting to be Chelsea, but I think you should probably just go and follow them, since we're not doing it that way.

Levy's statment means as much as you choose to give it credence, but the evidence seems to back that statement, since we've signed Alli and Wimmer in that price range, and haven't been chasing anyone above that save for a second approach to Memphis Depay, which got rejected as being too low.

Now, if you want to wank off in your fantasy thread, go ahead, but perhaps you should post it in a fantasy football forum, since the club aren't of a like mind?

I forgive you for wanting to be Chelsea, but I think you should probably just go and follow them, since we're not doing it that way.

Levy's statment means as much as you choose to give it credence, but the evidence seems to back that statement, since we've signed Alli and Wimmer in that price range, and haven't been chasing anyone above that save for a second approach to Memphis Depay, which got rejected as being too low.

Now, if you want to wank off in your fantasy thread, go ahead, but perhaps you should post it in a fantasy football forum, since the club aren't of a like mind?
So wanting to sign a 15-20 million quality player makes me 'Chelsea'? Just FUCK OFF, you deluded Yank prick. Go tell us again how Kane is better than Bale or something. Deluded wanker - believing empty PR meetings to appease the masses. Go post in your own deluded thread then, guilable twat

Last edited:
25-30m on a player. The club said to THST that they aim to target players in the 5-15 million bracket.
It doesn't do a club of our size any favours to publicly state we're open to spending £20m+ on a player. We need to negotiate, and like when we had the Bale money, it'll do us no favours to boast about our bank balance.

You'd be naive to think if the right player came up we wouldn't bid for him 'out of our price range'.

So wanting to sign a 15-20 million quality player makes me 'Chelsea'? Just FUCK OFF, you deluded Yank prick. Go tell us again how Kane is better than Bale or something. Deluded wanker - beliving empty PR meetings to appease the masses. Go post in your own deluded thread then, guilable twat
Well, Kane IS better than Bale, since he actually wants to stay here. I'm not a yank, but geography seems to be an additional weakpoint for you.

It doesn't do a club of our size any favours to publicly state we're open to spending £20m+ on a player. We need to negotiate, and like when we had the Bale money, it'll do us no favours to boast about our bank balance.

You'd be naive to think if the right player came up we wouldn't bid for him 'out of our price range'.
I think we're willing to make exceptions, but I don't think I agree that we're lying about how much we're willing to spend. If we were convinced someone was a "sure thing", I think we'd go beyond £15m, but there are very few sure things in football, and once you're into the £20+ bracket, you're competing with significantly wealthier clubs, and for players demanding significantly higher wages.

I don't think we're looking at those kinds of players, and I think the statement about £10-15m being the range we plan to stay in is accurate. Going far beyond that is a different environment with much greater risks given our resources.

Bwj5ngbIUAAlhG8.png

Name: Javier Hernandez
Club: Real Madrid (on loan from Manchester United)
Estimated cost: 12m

That kind of spending, and those kinds of targets, are off the table.
:pochsulk:
-THFC’s transfer comfort zone was with younger players around the £10-15m price range and they would look to return to that policy
:pochfacepalm:
I think we're willing to make exceptions, but I don't think I agree that we're lying about how much we're willing to spend. If we were convinced someone was a "sure thing", I think we'd go beyond £15m,
:pochwtf:

I think it's pretty obvious we're not in the market for £20m+ players for each position we need to strengthen, but you've just agreed that we might make an exception, which given the topic at hand (strikers, wingers) is entirely possible, seems as it's clear as day we need goals. We simply cannot rely on another 30+ goal season from Kane, and it's likely both Bobby and Ade will leave. If we qualify for Europa again, we're looking at another 55+ game season, so we need at least 2 strikers and one of which needs to be very very good as they will play 25+ games no doubt. They're the most expensive players to buy, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a £20m striker arrive to compete with Kane (maybe someone like Jackson Martinez (no idea if he has a £6trillion release clause)) or Lacazette, and maybe a younger and cheaper 3rd option (someone like Ings).

One things for sure - we simply cannot continue with one feasible striker in our squad. Kane has got us out of jail this season. We can't put that weight on his shoulders again.

Name: Stefan Kiessling
Current Club: Bayer Leverkusen
Estimated Value: 5-8 million

b04_bre_celeb_kiessling_628.jpg

Having spend the majority of his career at the Leverkusen giants, Kiessling might be looking for one last adventure so why not bring in an experienced forward with a remarkable goal scoring record

nice topic ArcspacE ArcspacE but why the need of giving so many disagrees?
Please take note of the usual troll cunts looking to derail this thread with their worthless input which as usual has nothing to do with the OP - just take note how the pattern persists in almost every thread. Eliminate the tumour so the body can begin to heal.

Last edited:
Name: Vedad Ibisevic
Current Club: VfB Stuttgarrt
Estimated Value: 4-6 million

vedad-ibisevic-operiert-514.jpg

VfB Stuttgart currently face the unthinkable prospect of relegation and might be in danger of a mass exodus should this unlikely event occur. Ibisevic is a proven goal-scorer who won't cost a fortune and can add much needed experience alongside Kane.

:pochsulk:

:pochfacepalm:

:pochwtf:

I think it's pretty obvious we're not in the market for £20m+ players for each position we need to strengthen, but you've just agreed that we might make an exception, which given the topic at hand (strikers, wingers) is entirely possible, seems as it's clear as day we need goals. We simply cannot rely on another 30+ goal season from Kane, and it's likely both Bobby and Ade will leave. If we qualify for Europa again, we're looking at another 55+ game season, so we need at least 2 strikers and one of which needs to be very very good as they will play 25+ games no doubt. They're the most expensive players to buy, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a £20m striker arrive to compete with Kane (maybe someone like Jackson Martinez (no idea if he has a £6trillion release clause)) or Lacazette, and maybe a younger and cheaper 3rd option (someone like Ings).

One things for sure - we simply cannot continue with one feasible striker in our squad. Kane has got us out of jail this season. We can't put that weight on his shoulders again.
Sorry, I just don't see it quite that way. Both of your exames would be far too expensive (north of €30m), but more generally I think we're just not looking at those kinds of guys.

We'll just have to agree to disagree and see what the cat drags in.

Back
Top Bottom