The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tottlaly gutted to lose to those wankers last night but we couldn't have asked for better from the other results.

When you look at each round of fixtures with Scum going away to West Ham when we have United at home, away to City when we're at home to Southampton, away to Everton when we're home to Bournemouth....still plenty of twists and turns on both sides. Leicester have the toughest last 3 games if still needing most of the points and, City already have a fair gap to make up on them so it's all to play for.

However, we MUST WIN on Saturday for plenty of reasons on top of the title race.

We have the hardest run in by far.

Just means it we do end up winning the league, you'd think we'd have earned it.

All we can do is try to win each game, one at a time, that's all the focus we need. It's when we start looking too far up the road that we forget to concentrate on our driving.

Nah the Scum do - us and City away are the hardest games this season, plus they have Everton and West Ham both away.

Chelski are back on their game and we have gone back to doing poorly against the Scousers in recent times, they are probably hardest on paper, not just because of their names. Stoke away is tough but winnable, Newcastle away is a better hunting ground for us lately than playing them at The Lane and who knows what will be the case by last day anyway.

All other games we can get points from, just has to include a lot of home wins. Taking one game at a time, starting on Saturday with the most important one to date and biggest NLD in many years.

Our run in is awful.

If I were to make predictions, game by game, I think I'd end up predicting 4 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses. That might see us drop out of top four, and certainly not win.

I tried the table calculator again (www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-premier-league/).
Got Leicester winning on 73 pts, despite them only getting two points from the last three games.
2. Arse 69
3. Us 68
4. Chelsea 67 (firing the cunt really changed their season)
5. United 67
6. City 65
7. Southampton 64
8. West Ham 64

Despite ending up behind the you know who I'd take that third.

With our run-in, it could be worse.
Let's just get to the next international break, (after Woolwich, Villa (a) and Bournemouth) then lets get pessimistic.

Leicesters run in on paper is easy. But when it comes to the games they'll be going up against those who need points and will do everything to get a point.

Only beat 3 of the top 11.
So safe predictions are draws against top 11 & wins against the last 9. Just as a guide.

I said this in the Woolwich OMT but it probably belongs here.

Leicester have Newcastle (H) and Palace (A) and on paper based on form, they should win both. Palace AWAY won't be easy though I feel. Pardew knows he will be under pressure, his team have shown they can defend as they showed at White Hart Lane and you'd hope the likes of Adebayor will be looking to impress and improve Palace's fortunes. 4 points for Leicester and 6 for us over that period of time would just mean 3 points between us again (with us having a better goal difference).

But then we go into a VERY tough April. Leicester have 3 home games out of 4 in April. Southampton, West Ham and Swansea at home and they travel to Sunderland who will be fighting for their lives. Whereas we have to go to Anfield, play Man Utd at home, travel to Stoke and then West Brom at home.

One game at a time but you'd think Leicester will need a massive bottle job to lose it from here.

Leicester DO have a lot of teams that need to pick up points though. Their hardest games on paper are their three final games against Man Utd (A), Everton (H) and Chelsea (A), but by then they may be out of sight.

ffs which expert put money on swansea be it with a weakened side to turnover Woolwich ,what is it 30 points to play with ,every team we play is below us ,the sooner we get our heads around that nothing is less predictable than the PL .Now out come the grim reaping brigade oh oh we won,t make the top 4 .Learn a fucking lesson predictable games ffs look who,s top ,what a bunch of fucking melts COYS .

Back
Top Bottom