The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we'll lose the league by 3 points.

Which just shows how BIG that win for Leicester was at our place.

Draw last week made no difference to that? One against Woolwich too when they had 10 men? Course the Leicester game was a big loss but it is definitely not just because of that one game.

Leicester City are Champions of this season's Premier League. They won it with a manager that was always said to be a loser, he isn't anymore. The most positive thing I can say about them winning the league, at least if wasn't Chelsea or Woolwich or any of the other rich teams you'd expect. The likes of Leicester shows that the Premier League is changing with the new TV Money. It could make the league very interesting the next few seasons, when lesser teams don't have to sell to the bigger clubs anymore. My dislike for their style is well documented, but they deserve credit for pulling this achievement of. Standing on top after 38 games is amazing. Congratulations to Leicester City!

Spurs had to dug deep to try to play catch up. Never once were we in 1st place, and the last night's game when it became impossible to reach LC, was versus one of our biggest rivals. A poor start to the season, at least if you count the points made it very hard. On last night's game I can only say that I have never seen a Spurs team fight that much. However, the fighting went into overdrive as the frustration reached very high levels. We were never dirty, last night we were. In earlier times you wouldn't see retrospective action as much, but today, with cameras every where players should be aware. We ended up in a position where we needed to beat a team that hates us with a passion. The comments from Fabregas and Hazard, the antics of Costa, baits were taken, and we could have had several red cards at the end. Now, we will get a few suspension for the rest of the season, Lamela and Dembele first and foremost, and we need to take that on the chin and learn from it. It will be wholly deserved. This was a game like one of the United vs Woolwich games end 90s, early 2000 and we weren't ready to cope with the stress with this high end game - ending up with losing the grip of the game and the control of our players. This is also an aspect for Spurs to learn from. I like this Spurs team to be play hard, but fair as it has been.

Overall, this season has been an adventure with amazing football and change of direction at the football club to the better. We have young, capable and eager players who are willing to work hard and are in this for the long run with an amazing manager in Pochettino. We fell down last night after a long and tough season. This team is though, believe me, not a one-season wonder. For Spurs fans, always sceptical about their own team, this has been the most complete season in so many years. They are as much a one-season wonder as Harry Kane was, and will only improve. We will continue to build on the foundations laid this season, and learn from dropped points early in the season and mistakes made.

Now, we have two more games to play. I will be going to Newcastle with hope to celebrate the highest finish in the league since 1962-63! Still going hard to get that 2nd place.

COYS.

Never once were we in 1st place, and the last night's game when it became impossible to reach LC, was versus one of our biggest rivals. A poor start to the season, at least if you count the points made it very hard. On last night's game I can only say that I have never seen a Spurs team fight that much. However, the fighting went into overdrive as the frustration reached very high levels. We were never dirty, last night we were. In earlier times you wouldn't see retrospective action as much, but today, with cameras every where players should be aware. We ended up in a position where we needed to beat a team that hates us with a passion. The comments from Fabregas and Hazard, the antics of Costa, baits were taken, and we could have had several red cards at the end. Now, we will get a few suspension for the rest of the season, Lamela and Dembele first and foremost, and we need to take that on the chin and learn from it. It will be wholly deserved. This was a game like one of the United vs Woolwich games end 90s, early 2000 and we weren't ready to cope with the stress with this high end game - ending up with losing the grip of the game and the control of our players. This is also an aspect for Spurs to learn from. I like this Spurs team to be play hard, but fair as it has been.

Overall, this season has been an adventure with amazing football and change of direction at the football club to the better. We have young, capable and eager players who are willing to work hard and are in this for the long run with an amazing manager in Pochettino. We fell down last night after a long and tough season. This team is though, believe me, not a one-season wonder. For Spurs fans, always sceptical about their own team, this has been the most complete season in so many years. They are as much a one-season wonder as Harry Kane was, and will only improve. We will continue to build on the foundations laid this season, and learn from dropped points early in the season and mistakes made.

Now, we have two more games to play. I will be going to Newcastle with hope to celebrate the highest finish in the league since 1962-63! Still going hard to get that 2nd place.

COYS.

We were - if you count twelve minutes of the NLD.

:walkercry:
Sadly, when we should have turned the screw and beaten ten man Woolwich, we let them back in. Same against WBA and Chelsea and Stoke at the start of the season. I'm sure we will learn and improve; we're not the flaky Spurs of old, but we just need to kill games off. I'm confident the team will learn and move on.

We can all kick ourselves and say we would be more worthy champions than Leicester, but it all feels a bit silly when if we had won our two games against them it would have likely been ours. They were sadly the better team this season and were difficult for us to beat each and every time we came up against them. We played them 4 times this season and each match was a tough one, they deserve credit for that.

We can all kick ourselves and say we would be more worthy champions than Leicester, but it all feels a bit silly when if we had won our two games against them it would have likely been ours. They were sadly the better team this season and were difficult for us to beat each and every time we came up against them. We played them 4 times this season and each match was a tough one, they deserve credit for that.

Good point... but FUUUUUUUUUCK!

Good point... but FUUUUUUUUUCK!

It does suck. But who's better set up for a good season next year? Or the year after that? Or that? We've built something, something fucking amazing. Let's be proud of that. This year was always about building, and after that we focus on pushing up the table. And the way I see it, is now we only need to climb one more place, and make it our own for the next ten or twenty years.

When I grow up I'm going to talk about my Grandchildren about Sir Alex Ferguson, and they're going to be like "who is that?" and I'll just have to tell them, "he was considered the Greatest Manager ever to live. But then this Argentine came along and smashed all the records so nobody really talks about Sir Alex Ferguson. It's a real shame Manchester United are in the conference as well now, they used to be a good team!"

It does suck. But who's better set up for a good season next year? Or the year after that? Or that? We've built something, something fucking amazing. Let's be proud of that. This year was always about building, and after that we focus on pushing up the table. And the way I see it, is now we only need to climb one more place, and make it our own for the next ten or twenty years.

When I grow up I'm going to talk about my Grandchildren about Sir Alex Ferguson, and they're going to be like "who is that?" and I'll just have to tell them, "he was considered the Greatest Manager ever to live. But then this Argentine came along and smashed all the records so nobody really talks about Sir Alex Ferguson. It's a real shame Manchester United are in the conference as well now, they used to be a good team!"

Thus proving talk of a cure for alzheimers to be absolute rubbish :pocheyes:

Very Good point... but FUUUUUUUUUCK!

We should now want both MU & WH to win Saturday as that would put them 1 & 2 points behind MC. Therefore MC would need at least a draw against the Scum or when MU play WH, a win for either would put them in 4th and MC out of the CL places. This would put even more pressure if MC lose tonight.

Agree. I think their defence has been more solid than ours, and they have been more clinical up front, despite creating less chances. Our last two games, in particular, show that. We are still vulnerable from set pieces and struggle to kill games off.

However, if Leicester had played the same amount of games as us I'm sure we'd be ahead of them. The cups/Europe/tiredness factor is one of the biggest in today's game IMO.

Some good results today. MU winning and putting pressure on MC to win tomorrow.
Spammers lost
Newcastle fail to beat villa
Sunderland win and if they win in the week will relegate Newcastle before our match
Chelski lost and Terry sent off and banned for what would have been his final match!

I really want Utd to get CL.

Just because they won't sack LVG in the summer (i do believe Woodward will keep him for the full 3 years) and they aren't a problem to us under LVG. Plus it'd be ABSOLUTELY hilarious to see City and their billions finish 5th, especially with Guardiola taking over.

Draw tomorrow please so Man Utd have a game in hand to go above them and we seal 2nd place.

I don't feel that we lost a League title, we were never top, but to roller coast through the last third of the season was epic.
I don't even regret the points dropped early on as we were still going through the gears. We chased Leicester almost all the way, and whilst we are not quite the finished article, without being unkind, I think Leicester may well be the article finished.
Two game on the ride still to go.

COME ON YOU SPURS!

Back
Top Bottom