The Random Fixture Generator

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bad luck. It's hard to give it all for 2 big games in a row. 4 pts is good from 2 big games like those.

It's not supposed to be random. Nobody believes it's coincidence that we play at home when Woolwich are away, and vice versa, and when Sky used to have their big Super Sundays with the old big 4 playing each other a couple of times a season.

There's all sorts of patterns that appear in the fixture calendar year in, year out.

It's not supposed to be random. Nobody believes it's coincidence that we play at home when Woolwich are away, and vice versa, and when Sky used to have their big Super Sundays with the old big 4 playing each other a couple of times a season.

There's all sorts of patterns that appear in the fixture calendar year in, year out.

The PL call it 'Random' not me

Lucky it's not random. Because otherwise we may end up with 5 away games on the bounce and travelling to City, Woolwich, Liverpool, Utd and Everton.

Happy enough with how the fixtures end up each year.

There’s was a very detailed post a few years back on here which clearly set out how it’s done. For the life of me I’ll never find it though

I do recall at the time the general consensus being that it was a good system

It has always been the way that most of the time we play the teams in the reverse matches in the same order as the first set of matches. Xmas and Easter matches muck it up a bit but generally speaking that is what happens.

Back
Top Bottom