The race for top four.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m not saying we can’t get top 4 but with us progressing in the CL and our squad absolutely demolished by injuries it’s going to be tough.

The players will have one eye on Ajax over the next few games, I think moura’s form is key for the league. We need him and Son to be firing and drag us to the finish line.

I can’t believe after all the up’s and downs this season with Wembley and everything, we are still in with a shout of getting top 4 and a CL final. It’s amazing.
Winks and Dier should hopefully be in the squad for Brighton, which will help immensely. Lucas/Son/Eriksen/Dele/Llorente should be enough firepower to get by Brighton, West Ham, and Bournemouth. Everton is tricky but at least it is at home. We have pretty good CB depth at the moment, too.

I still think we are favorites for third but I'd like to have top 4 wrapped up prior to the last match of the season at the very least.

looks like its going to be tough to get top 4 now, we will be reliant on other teams wanting to beat Gooners ,Chelski, & Man U,
the way the games are falling for us makes it hard to get the maximum points,
BHA & Everton should be ok, but Hammers its their cup final, & bournemouth 2 days before CL are trough

Bournemouth will not be two days before the CL match. It's going to be moved.

I'm pretty optimistic about us making it. Wolves and Leicester HAVE to get something from Woolwich since they'll be at home. A loss at City this weekend will probably put us to 5th but with Chelsea playing Utd, it's very hard for us to miss out on top 4 imo.

Top 4 finish odds @ Sky Bet:

Spurs: 2/7
Woolwich: 4/9
Chelsea: 13/8
United: 5/2

Seems about right.

We've got the easiest fixtures.
Woolwich have a game in hand over Chelsea and have easier fixtures than them.
Chelsea have played a game extra and have a tough game with United.
United have the hardest run-in.

Though I imagine those odds change at the end of the weekend when it's likely we are in 5th and only ahead of United on goal difference.

Top 4 finish odds @ Sky Bet:

Spurs: 2/7
Woolwich: 4/9
Chelsea: 13/8
United: 5/2

Three Top 6 fixtures remain:

City v Spurs
Utd v City
Utd v Chelsea

It's a tricky one. United have the worst fixture list, but both tough games at home and are out of Europe. We have injuries piling up and our eyes on the semis. If either Chelsea or Woolwich were to find themselves even slightly adrift of the pack, they'd surely be tempted to put their eggs in the Europa League basket, but that doesn't appear likely, especially if we don't get a result at City.

Spurs are 11/4 to miss top four, and to be honest that looks like a bargain to my eyes.

No. 4th is absolutely guaranteed for US in the champions league. Only scenario where 4th doesn't get it is if we finish outside top 4 and win it and Chels/Arse win UEL and drop out top 4.

Imagine Woolwich dramatically surpassing us on the final day to get 4th, but then we upset Barcelona to win the Champions League, and they lose to Chelsea in the EL final and end up with nothing.

Top 4 get ECL whatever happens.

Not necessarily true.

3rd. Man Utd
4th. Woolwich
------------------
5th. Tottenham (CL Winner)
6th. Chelsea (EL Winner)

Would see Woolwich miss out. Or United if they finish 4th.

However, yes. If we finish in the top 4, we're guaranteed Champions League since United got knocked out in the week.

In all honesty, that'd be the most hilarious situation for me. Especially if Woolwich overtake us on the final day. Chelsea then beat them in the EL final and we go and win the CL to knock them out of it.

WoolwichChelseaMan UtdTottenham
AprilAprilAprilApril
21 Crystal PALACE (H)22 BURNLEY (H)21 Everton (A)
24 Wolves (A)24 MAN CITY (H)23 BRIGHTON (H)
29 Leicester (A)28 Man Utd (A)28 CHELSEA (H)27 WEST HAM (H)
May
4 BRIGHTON (H)
May
4 WATFORD (H)
May
5 Huddersfield (A)
May
6 Bournemouth (A)
12 Burnley (A)12 Leicester (A)12 CARDIFF (H)12 EVERTON (H)

3Tottenham342967
4Woolwich332666
5Chelsea342166
6Man Utd331964

So it's still in our own hands to finish top 4.
I will be nervously rooting for United tomorrow hoping they can get the 4th slot.

Why rooting for Man U? The less teams around us the better surely? At this stage I really ain't worried about who takes that other top 4 slot as long as we are in it.
Draw tomorrow surely? Keeps our one game advantage over Chelsea and also pretty much a one game advantage over Man U due to goal difference.

Draw all the way for me

Draw tomorrow surely? Keeps our one game advantage over Chelsea and also pretty much a one game advantage over Man U due to goal difference.

Draw all the way for me

Don't mind if Everton win.

it means Man Utd would HAVE to go and beat Chelsea. Which is better for us (Though a draw would be best)

looking at the fixtures left I think the rest will pick up 9-10 points from their last games, we need to get 10 points at least, but win all 4 and its should be top 4 for us

Back
Top Bottom