The race for top four.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Woolwich looks terrible even with a man advantage. Watford is bossing this first half.

they really did look terrible, couldn't believe I was watching a premier league game when Woolwich had the ball, they looked disjointed and could't do the basics in midfield or up front. They barely beat 10 man Watford when also gifted a goal. I really don't think we have much to worry about here.

Sky and the FA are not even disguising the additional "help" they give to Buttnal, with penalties where they should instead be booked for diving and a red card totally unjustified and then explained away by Sky and backed up by the gutter press.

This is the worst refereed league in football as Neil Warnock said the other week.

WoolwichChelseaMan UtdTottenham
AprilAprilAprilApril
21 Crystal PALACE (H)22 BURNLEY (H)21 Everton (A)20 Manchester City (A)
24 Wolves (A)24 MAN CITY (H)23 BRIGHTON (H)
29 Leicester (A)28 Man Utd (A)28 CHELSEA (H)27 WEST HAM (H)
May
4 BRIGHTON (H)
May
4 WATFORD (H)
May
5 Huddersfield (A)
May
6 Bournemouth (A)
12 Burnley (A)12 Leicester (A)12 CARDIFF (H)12 EVERTON (H)

Honestly can’t believe how shit Woolwich were yesterday, I don’t see how any of their players can take confidence from that performance.

If they continue to play like that away from home they aren’t going to get more than 3 points total from their remaining away games.

Last edited:
Spurs (67 points)

City (L)
Brighton (W)
West Ham (W)
Bournemouth (W)
Everton (W)

Woolwich (66 points)
Palace (W)
Wolves (D)
Leicester (D)
Brighton (W)
Burnley (W)

Chelsea (66 points)
Burnley (W)
United (D)
Watford (W)
Leicester (W)

United (64 points)
Everton (W)
City (D)
Chelsea (D)
Huddersfield (W)
Cardiff (W)

That would leave the table as

3. Tottenham - 79
4. Woolwich - 77
5. Chelsea - 76
6. United - 75

It really is very close, although I think one of the others will slip up in one of those games but can't decide who.

WoolwichChelseaMan UtdTottenham
AprilAprilAprilApril
21 Crystal PALACE (H)22 BURNLEY (H)21 Everton (A)20 Manchester City (A)
24 Wolves (A)24 MAN CITY (H)23 BRIGHTON (H)
29 Leicester (A)28 Man Utd (A)28 CHELSEA (H)27 WEST HAM (H)
May
4 BRIGHTON (H)
May
4 WATFORD (H)
May
5 Huddersfield (A)
May
6 Bournemouth (A)
12 Burnley (A)12 Leicester (A)12 CARDIFF (H)12 EVERTON (H)
All the key games in April. With little for opposition teams to play for can see all the CL challengers winning all matches in May.

Looking at those fixtures - It's hard to disagree that we have the easiest fixtures. Especially considering 3 of those are in our new stadium and no longer at Wembley and you factor in Arsenals horrendous away form.

Man Utd have a horrible next three fixtures. Whilst you can never quite tell what Everton you're getting, they seem to be raising their games for the bigger clubs recently with a draw against Liverpool and beating Chelsea and Woolwich.

Chelsea are another inconsistent team and you're never quite sure what you're getting from them. One week needing referees to help them beat Cardiff to comfortably beating Brighton. Plus, they've played a game extra than anyone else.

3. Tottenham - 77
4. Woolwich - 76
--------------------------
5. Chelsea - 74
6. Man Utd - 72

I reckon if Man City beat United next week & Chelsea lose or draw with Man U up at Okd Trafford that we'll be alright. The two big ones for me for the rest of the season are West Ham at home & Bournemouth away. That GD gives us a little more space than we hoped 70 minutes into that Huddersfield game. Big old end to the season we have coming up pal
Bournemouth are shit v top 6 this season and we’ll beat the Spammers I’m sure of it. I’d worry more about Brighton because if they lose v Cardiff they’ll get dragged in the relegation battle so they’ll probably look to close up shop v us and get a point. Which is not good considering how we struggled against defensive sides.

So mathematically it's still possible for this to happen, no?
1. City
2. Liverpool
3. United
4. Chelsea
5. Spurs (CL winners)
6. Woolwich (EL winners)

Christ, I might even take fifth for it to happen and dump Chelsea out of CL. Karma!

Also, you could swap Chelsea and goons and be just as happy....

So mathematically it's still possible for this to happen, no?
1. City
2. Liverpool
3. United
4. Chelsea
5. Spurs (CL winners)
6. Woolwich (EL winners)

Christ, I might even take fifth for it to happen and dump Chelsea out of CL. Karma!

Also, you could swap Chelsea and goons and be just as happy....
No I want to avoid St Totteringhams day. My boss is a Goon and the prospect of having to put up with it is horrible.

Ideally I hope, given the league currently, that we finish 3rd and Man United finish fourth. Given the financials we would go ahead of the Goons this year and they are liable to struggle to get out of their slump. Best of all would be if Chelski and them go on (and tire themselves)but don't win the Europa so had to spend next year in Bate and Ostersund....

No I want to avoid St Totteringhams day. My boss is a Goon and the prospect of having to put up with it is horrible.

There’s something so satisfying about how quickly it’s become accepted (outside of North London) that we’re better than them. Without having too small time of a mentality I would definitely take 4th and them outside the top 4 over 3rd with them in it.

Mate we've just reached our first European Cup Semi Final since 1962. Are you really that worried about a poxy little name Woolwich fans made up for whenever they finish above us?

Those motherfuckers are squirming in their office chairs this morning. Knowing that should be more than enough. Get top 4, beat Ajax and reach the final and it's a HUGE season, even if they squeeze 3rd in the league

Mate we've just reached our first European Cup Semi Final since 1962. Are you really that worried about a poxy little name Woolwich fans made up for whenever they finish above us?

Those motherfuckers are squirming in their office chairs this morning. Knowing that should be more than enough. Get top 4, beat Ajax and reach the final and it's a HUGE season, even if they squeeze 3rd in the league
You are of course, right. Sorry

looks like its going to be tough to get top 4 now, we will be reliant on other teams wanting to beat Gooners ,Chelski, & Man U,
the way the games are falling for us makes it hard to get the maximum points,
BHA & Everton should be ok, but Hammers its their cup final, & bournemouth 2 days before CL are trough

looks like its going to be tough to get top 4 now, we will be reliant on other teams wanting to beat Gooners ,Chelski, & Man U,
BHA & Everton should be ok, but Hammers its their cup final, & bournemouth 2 days before CL are trough

Agreed but 9 points will do it. Pretty sure on that.

Weve got the "easier" run in and a game in hand over. Chelsea.

Weve got the "easier" run in and a game in hand over. Chelsea.
I’m not saying we can’t get top 4 but with us progressing in the CL and our squad absolutely demolished by injuries it’s going to be tough.

The players will have one eye on Ajax over the next few games, I think moura’s form is key for the league. We need him and Son to be firing and drag us to the finish line.

I can’t believe after all the up’s and downs this season with Wembley and everything, we are still in with a shout of getting top 4 and a CL final. It’s amazing.

Back
Top Bottom