The race for top four.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

WoolwichChelseaMan UtdTottenham
AprilAprilAprilApril
21 Crystal PALACE (H)22 BURNLEY (H)21 Everton (A)20 Manchester City (A)
24 Wolves (A)24 MAN CITY (H)23 BRIGHTON (H)
29 Leicester (A)28 Man Utd (A)28 CHELSEA (H)27 WEST HAM (H)
May
4 BRIGHTON (H)
May
4 WATFORD (H)
May
5 Huddersfield (A)
May
6 Bournemouth (A)
12 Burnley (A)12 Leicester (A)12 CARDIFF (H)12 EVERTON (H)

Table from gaz gaz looks better and better

We definitely have the easiest of the 4 remaining games and start from being in 3 rd place

Best case scenario would be (in the sense of realism):

Woolwich getting no more than 2 points from Wolves and Leicester.
Chelsea getting no more than 4 points from Burnley and Man Utd.
Man Utd getting no more than 1 point from Man City and Chelsea.
Spurs getting 6 points from Brighton and West Ham.

Means we'd be 3 points clear of 4th place with a superior goal difference and 6 points clear of 5th place with a superior goal difference with 2 games remaining and 2 important Champions League semi final games coming up.

Obviously, I'd rather Woolwich lose both away games and Chelsea drop points to Burnley, but I think Chelsea steamroll them tomorrow and I'm worried Woolwich might beat one of Leicester/Wolves and perhaps draw or lose the other one.

Either way, let's focus on ourselves and beat Brighton first and see who else does us a favour in the week.

Given that this was the 'free hit' weekend where we had to play our hardest match of the run in (nay, Man City away is probably the hardest match of the season) and neither Woolwich or United made any ground up on us (including, hilariously, goal difference) this weekend has been far better than any of us had feared.

I am a bit concerned that United could get steamrolled by City on Wednesday and go into their Chelsea match deflated though. As things stand, the last thing we want from that game is a Chelsea win.
:avbshit:

Hahahahaha. Woolwich are fucking shit. Look at their investment and lack of bad luck this season and they can't even beat palace at the library. Bring on Brighton. Also great for us that Cardiff lost today. Hoping that Houghton goes balls deep vs Newcastle and prioritises that game. :pochohshit::lamelaaghh:

It's why predicting results is so fraught with the unknowns.

Playing continually as all the top 6 have been doing is tough as anything. Add to that the integrity of the Premier League.

My view now is that 7 points is all we need and that 6 more will get us very close.

United are nearly out of it.

It's 100% in our hands now to finish 3rd. So I am still hoping that United can pip Woolwich and Chavs.

3Tottenham342967
4Woolwich342566
5Chelsea342166
6Man Utd341564

WoolwichChelseaMan UtdTottenham
AprilAprilAprilApril
24 Wolves (A)22 Burnley (H)24 Man City (H)23 Brighton (H)
29 Leicester (A)28 Man Utd (A)28 Chelsea (H)27 West Ham (H)
MayMayMayMay
4 Brighton (H)4 Watford (H)5 Huddersfield (A)6 Bournemouth (A)
12 Burnley (A)12 Leicester (A)12 Cardiff (H)12 Everton (H)

We'll know so much more this time next week, after Woolwich have played their two away games.

Probably good news that they have to play Valencia midweek before each of their last two league games, too (yes, I know that they could say something similar about us playing Ajax).

giphy.gif

Woolwich to finish 4th and chelski to win the Thursday league :eriksenlol:
They would still get a spot, unfortunately. Has to be both EL and CL outside top 4. This just means both Chelsea and Woolwich are in.

At this point it’s looking like Chelsea 4th - they are also favorites in Europa.

Back
Top Bottom