The race for top four.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Actually, this is meant to be a POSITIVE thread.

We've had a fucking up and down last few weeks with the horrible loss away at Burnley which dented our title hopes and then the loss away at Chelsea which pretty much destroyed any hope of it. The draw against Woolwich which dragged us down to a battle for top four and now the loss against Southampton which has put us in a war for top four.

BUT.....

We're moving into our new home guys. It's been confirmed. We have FIVE remaining home games from our final 8 games. With the passion of the home fans behind this talented team, the roar of that new White Hart Lane crowd, we'll see it through and we'll get there.

Sure, we have Liverpool and Man City to play away from home and on this form it's very likely that's 0 points whilst our rivals could nip in ahead of us.

BUT....

They don't have it so easy either. Just look at our rivals remaining fixtures.

Man Utd:
Woolwich (A), Watford (H), Wolves (A), West Ham (H), Everton (A), Man City (H), Chelsea (H), Huddersfield (A), Cardiff (H).

Woolwich:
Man Utd (H), Newcastle (H), Everton (A), Watford (A), Palace (H), Wolves (A), Leicester (A), Brighton (H), Burnley (A)

Chelsea:
Wolves (H), Everton (A), Cardiff (A), West Ham (H), Liverpool (A), Brighton (H), Burnley (H), Man Utd (A), Watford (H), Leicester (A)

--

Let's get behind this team, get into our new stadium and get back to winning ways and end this season strong. Because those below us WILL drop points from now until the end of the season.

COYS

I’m pinning my hopes on this post.

Let’s believe in our home form. WE CAN DO THIS!!!

See you back at the Lane Wednesday night.

Fucking COYS

How the fuck does the club do it to us time and time again? The reason why is because we don't learn from our mistakes. I love the club but how we've let that happen with how the last 10 minutes was today has left me fuming.

Simply put, not enough players are stepping up at the moment. They have 7 games to change that or half of them can fuck off. So disappointed with how few of them are developing at this late stage of the season. Our goal came from Kane passing a quick killer ball instead of just a piss about pass back to the defenders, I don't see enough men in our ranks at the moment and that's really alarming.

Really and truly we should have lost our last 5 games with Woolwich missing that penalty, a few of them need to realise they are playing for their futures but I think they feel a little too comfortable to do so. I'm really disappointed with them at the moment and more importantly their game management. All of them are capable of better which is a huge shame and let down. Lloris and Sissoko didn't earn their corn at times the club depended on them today, they can't keep getting away with sloppy moments where they prang it like some of calamity stuff I've seen this season. Very sad to see

Last edited:
Apart from City, there are 5 home games and Bournemouth away, pretty fucking easy run of games.

United have Wolves away, Everton away, City and Chelsea at home.
Chelsea have Liverpool and United away. (although might as well don't count them, they aren't getting top 4)
Woolwich have Watford, Everton, Leicester, Wolves away. Even if they go to win tomorrow, our run of games is easier till the end of the season.

An awful run of results with some piss poor finishing and dubious decision making at crucial times but the fact of the matter is we are still 3rd, still have 5 home games out of a remaining 7 games and we still control our fate. We need 6 wins from 7 games. Time for the boys to stop this cluterfuck of a calamity that's seen us not winna game in the League since February 10th.

Put the Fortnite games to one side, I want true professionalism from all involved o ensure they give back to the club that tookma punt on them. No more fuck ups now Spurs, time to show what we all know you're capable of, time to act like men and kill all this shit surrounding the club

Last edited:
I love Harry but have we won a PL game since he came back

Must win on Wednesday and I think we will
COYS

Basically what everyone thought would happen, happened. 5 of the last 7 at home, really home, not Wembley. One of the other two is against Bournemouth. This result, gut wrenching as it is, doesn’t change our remaining run of fixtures.

United and Chelsea both look like they want to be in the Europa League next season. Breaks went their way this weekend, though.

COYS

Harry ain't the reason we haven't won since he returned, it's poor defending on all levels.

Burnley away, piss poor at the back, Chelsea away the Trippier/ Lloris calamity, Woolwich at home Sanchez twice with nonsense defending, Southampton away Rose dummying the ball 4 yards from goal, Liverpool today Lloris with his best impression of a footballer playing on a come down.

The harsh reality is our finishing hasn't given us breathing space and our defence has gone all brown trousers on us. They need to grow up and do everything in their power to ensure we get top four as the football club don't deserve the foolishness we've seen so frequently this season. Time the players do the only thing that's important and think about what's best for Spurs for the next 6-7 weeks

Last edited:
Apart from City, there are 5 home games and Bournemouth away, pretty fucking easy run of games.

United have Wolves away, Everton away, City and Chelsea at home.
Chelsea have Liverpool and United away. (although might as well don't count them, they aren't getting top 4)
Woolwich have Watford, Everton, Leicester, Wolves away. Even if they go to win tomorrow, our run of games is easier till the end of the season.
I don’t know how you can call any of those games easy based on how this team has been performing recently.

I don’t know how you can call any of those games easy based on how this team has been performing recently.
I know mate.
But we are not competing against Liverpool or City. It's Woolwich, United and Chelsea, and they are same as us, but we have 5 home games which is massive.

Harry ain't the reason we haven't won since he returned, it's poor defending on all levels.

Burnley away, piss poor at the back, Chelsea away the Trippier/ Lloris calamity, Woolwich at home Sanchez twice with nonsense defending, Southampton away Rose dummying the ball 4 yards from goal, Liverpool today Lloris with his best impression of a footballer playing on a come down.

The harsh reality is our finishing hasn't given us breathing space and our defence has gone all brown trousers on us. They need to grow up and do everything in their power to ensure we get top four as the football club don't deserve the foolishness we've seen so frequently this season. Time the players do the only thing that's important and think about what's best for Spurs for the next 6-7 weeks

I’m not blaming Harry but maybe the system we’ve adopted since he came back
Sonny hasn’t been the same player

Our home games are easy? Palace are decent. Won at City. Spam will put everything into their match. Brighton are desperate and good at parking buses. Huddersfield - yeah ok. Everton should be on the beach.

Honestly, my heart can’t cope. I’m feeling how Gazza looked at WHL yesterday.

COYS

Bit of a difference in the quality of opposition, no? Plus 4 out 5 away after 3 out 4 at home, with the sole away game being soon to be relegated Fulham.

I’m not blaming Harry but maybe the system we’ve adopted since he came back
Sonny hasn’t been the same player

The system seemed to work fine when Harry was playing before he got injured.

Those last five games we've played have included 4 very difficult away games against two teams fighting for relegation, one fighting for the League and the other in a top four scrap. It's been a shit return but the last 5 games really are hard fixtures with all things considered. No excuses however, we have lost our edge

Last edited:
Basically what everyone thought would happen, happened. 5 of the last 7 at home, really home, not Wembley. One of the other two is against Bournemouth. This result, gut wrenching as it is, doesn’t change our remaining run of fixtures.

United and Chelsea both look like they want to be in the Europa League next season. Breaks went their way this weekend, though.

It’s not United and the chavs I am concerned with, it’s the scum, they have the bit between their teeth and their only concern is finishing above us because that’s all they seem to live for.

United will finish in the top 4 imo.

My fear is a league table that ends like this...

1. Liverpool
2. City
3. United
4. Woolwich
5. Chelsea
6. US.

And it’s quite conceivable that might happen if we keep fucking about and shooting ourselves in the foot.

It’s a embarrassment that we are even in this position given where we were 6 games ago and a run of winnable games ahead of us.

If the table finishes like that, even if we finished 5th I don’t see how we can recover from that without huge changes in playing staff.

It would signal to everyone that we have hit our level and started regressing, the culture of the club would come back into question again and all that hard work Poch has put in to try and shift that bottle tag away from us will be undone in the eyes of most people, especially those outside of the club which just heaps more pressure on us, our fans will become restless, it will be a clusterfuck and anyone who has supported this club long enough knows what comes after that happens.

It’s utterly imperative we finish in the top 4, the immediate future and optimism of this club is riding on it, I can say this right now, Kane isn’t a player that will want to be in the EL, I don’t care how much he loves this club, it isn’t going to appeal to him or any player that has any form of ambition.

Our home games are easy? Palace are decent. Won at City. Spam will put everything into their match. Brighton are desperate and good at parking buses. Huddersfield - yeah ok. Everton should be on the beach.

Honestly, my heart can’t cope. I’m feeling how Gazza looked at WHL yesterday.
Would you rather play Wolves/Watford/Leicester away?

Anything can happen, but I'm more confident with 5 games at home.

Back
Top Bottom