The Norwich away match thread 30/1/13

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hate to say it but Parker just does not fit into AVB's system. I love the man, but I just don't think he can work paired with Dembele. I also believe that Dembele is just a defensive mid with great dribbling ability. He doesn't have much creativity or goal scoring ability, so I believe that he could just be an atypical holding mid. He is a great tackler after all so I really do not think that he needs an out and out defensive mid paired with him. I've been saying this a lot lately, but I want Tom Carroll! He is the perfect pairing for Dembele, and with he in and Holtby playing in front of those two, we go from lacking creativity to having an abundance of it.

Also, is it just me, or did anybody else that Benny was basically terrible today? He couldn't do anything to stop Snodgrass and was out of position countless times, one of which led to their goal. I also noticed that most of Norwich's dangerous attacks came from Benny's side. I know a lot of people love him on here, but frankly, I've never been to high on him.

I have to say, I was unable to watch the first half, got home and switched on at 50 mins and Scotty looked pretty good. Hardly gave the ball away, made a couple of good surges with the ball...

By all accounts the first half was pretty awful all round...

A few observations from me:

- Lloris is excellent and I like that no-one seems to have clocked it yet
- Walker looked much better today than he has in the past
- Parker looks to have lost a lot of pace in his injury and it's keeping him from being the player he was last year, or indeed the player Sandro is this year.
- Dembele's been off the boil for a couple of games
- Adebayor looked a £20m striker last year but whether or not he still has that in his locker remains to be seen. If no big striker arrives tomorrow (I believe he won't) we will need that old Ade back.
- Bunn played out of his skin, which seems to always fucking happen against us.
- We are unbeaten in 8 games (eight) and in spite of not having won in three we're still in 4th. Happy days

I've not seen the game (about to watch motd) and I've not followed the match thread but I'm guessing the first half didn't make for good reading! Will catch up when I've seen them highlights and have a pooh

Bale is the fastest man in football. An assist on that goal... hell, give me an assist for watching.

Last Norwich defender lets him get that Howitzer left foot on the ball. Take a chance with the right, never let him get his left foot on the ball.

Bale in the first half isolated on the left.......
attachment

Bale in the 2nd half in the middle.............
attachment

Productivity coming from that left or Middle ??

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Tweet/Facebook post by Holtby. Posted in German and English.

Lewis Holtby said:
Tolles Tor von Gareth Bale, bisschen Pech gehabt bei gylfis Schuss,aber einen mehr als verdienten Punkt geholt.danke an alle spurs Fans für die tolle Unterstützung!!
Premierleague, liebe es!!!

Great Goal by Gareth!!!
Unlucky with gylfis shot,but snatched a more then deserving Point!! THx to all The spurs fans for the Great Support!!
Premierleague, Love it

Bale in the first half isolated on the left.......
attachment

Bale in the 2nd half in the middle.............
attachment

Productivity coming from that left or Middle ??

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Can't see the pictures, but I hope you realize that Bale was playing on the wing at the point that he scored the goal. Holtby came on Bale moved back out wide. The goal came from a counter attack where he drifted inside.... If he was playing striker like you mentioned before he would've probably been the one passing it like Defoe was.

Can't see the pictures, but I hope you realize that Bale was playing on the wing at the point that he scored the goal. Holtby came on Bale moved back out wide. The goal came from a counter attack where he drifted inside.... If he was playing striker like you mentioned before he would've probably been the one passing it like Defoe was.

If Bale was playing on the left wing.........he would not have scored that goal. you can bank on that.

AVB moved him into a centralized role in that 2nd half next to Defore which worked very well

Back
Top Bottom