The mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs. Burnley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For the love of God please start Janssen and bring in Sonny as a 60th min sub. Son's impact off the bench is much more valuable than when he starts.

IMO I just don't believe in Son when he starts matches. Coming in late could prove to be massive on the road against a solid defensive side.
Game for Janssen to start without question. Don't agree with your view of Son but we need to be physical all over the pitch and then hopefully wear them down.

I would even look at Sissoko possibly to solidify our midfield.

Hard game but we need to show our ability.

Anyone know of any websites that have the full match shortly after FT? Full Matches and Shows used to be fantastic, but it only has highlights now.

Looks like I'm going to miss the match, lengthy Spanish lunch with the inlaws. Absolutely love them normally, but...
:pochfacepalm::avbfacepalm::paulinhobored:

Looks like I'm going to miss the match, lengthy Spanish lunch with the inlaws. Absolutely love them normally, but...
:pochfacepalm::avbfacepalm::paulinhobored:
...if they're SPANISH...
and it's FOOTBALL related....
then I'm SURE they'll understand why you decided to wrap your shirt and jeans around a pillow, prop it up on your chair, put sunglasses and a hat on it, and told them you were feeling a little 'subdued' today...

ENJOY THE PRE-MATCH MEAL!

Last edited:
I just wanna know that EVERYONE in the squad who was away, made it back from the International duty without any dramas!

Wednesday 22.09

giphy.gif

The closer we get to this match the less nervous I am. Burnley are very in form at home but we have proven that we thrive against in form teams like Man City, Chelsea, Everton, Southampton. It's the out of form teams we have trouble defeating. I think it will be a rough match, but still run out 2-0 winners.

I'm not too optimistic about this one to be honest. They have a good record at home and the international break didn't do us any favours. Most of our players were involved and Dembele, Vertonghen and Alderweireld even had to play in Russia and Son in South Korea. Some minor rotation is needed imo, also with Swansea coming up midweek.

Lloris
Dier-Alderweireld-Vertonghen
Trippier-Wanyama-Dembele-Davies
Eriksen-Alli
Janssen

I'm going on Saturday...last time I went up there, in fact my only previous visit to Turfmoor, was the league cup semi final when we lost 3-0 but it went to extra time before the away goals counted.

Anyone else there that night? I think it was the coldest I've been in my life despite the fact that I was in the Arctic a month ago and it was -46C. It beats that, and watching Spurs in Tromso and Donetsk in the snow. I was at the front behind the goal with the wind and rain lashing against me for the whole 120 minutes, watching us slowly capitulate, all worth it of course for the last minute goal(s) that put us through to the final.

I was there, fucking freezing. Do you remember the inevitability of that free kick with Alnwick in goal? Scenes at the end though.

Actually pretty good Spurs discussion on today's Football Weekly (Extra) pod.

tenor.gif

Some useful insight into the Burnley match. They reckon Burnley are defensively solid - but achieve this through congesting the box and conceding lots of shots that are from further out (and hence a lower chance of scoring).

In spite of most teams being frustrated by this, they believe that we have the right tools at our disposal (Eriksen, Son, Alli) to take advantage of this and score from distance. Hope so!

Back
Top Bottom