The mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. This small club from Leicester

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Meaningless game???:dembelelol:

Did you see their board on the lead up to this game.. it was if this was their 'big one' the one that they've been waiting for, this was their everything..

Did you see how excited they got when they pulled it back to 1-2?

Meaningless?? Yeah right-oh..

Leicester fans have failed to realise that despite what they achieved it's really not a good idea to go round mugging everyone off and making enemies because if ever they find themselves in dire straits over the next few years the reception will be unbearable. Just ask the west sham fans, I bet the pain humiliation of their recent relegation debacle still looms large in their memories.

Yep, be nice to people on the way up, because you're going to meet them on the way down. They're hated by everyone now, which after the nauseous begging for love we endured last season is quite funny. (Actually, very funny).

We have more silverware than them. Who cares about last night? Not me"

When they say things like this it really is hilarious.... they went to Anfield and sang "Champions of Enlgand You'll Never Sing That" to a club who has won the league 18 times.

They sang the same to Derby, who have won it once more than them.

They think football began last season. How can you "not care" that you lost 6-1 and are 40pts behind a team that you thought you were better than?

Let them dine on this for all eternity.......funny how they shat on the manager that brought the trophy to them, but now, when the honeymoon is over and they are equally as shit under Shakespear, nothing matters because "we won the PL".

That wasnt good enough for Claudio though? He has to go, and the team had outgrown him....they needed Pep but ended up with a poor mans Sherwood yet they are all over the moon about their position.

Their future is Blackburn Rovers....Im happy for them to "be the bride". Sometimes she gets fucked by the best man.

Last edited:
A good team and good players but still the bridesmaid, never the bride.

I would rather be the good looking bridesmaid, confident that she will continue to turn heads. Than the fat fucking trog of a bride whose only getting attention because its their "special day", whilst, secretly, everyone is wondering how the fuck they managed to find anyone blind enough to propose to them.

Last edited:
ugly_bride_to_be.jpg

I've heard a lot of supporters of big clubs belittle out title win as a "one off" and "it will never happen again".

What a lot of you fail to understand is the vast majority of Leicester fans are either from Leicestershire or have ties to the area. You won't find many Leicester fans in Southend, Poole or Lancaster like you do the big clubs. My lifetime ambition as a Leicester fan was to see us win the FA Cup or a couple of European qualifications. To become Champions of England and get to the QF's of the Champions League was only ever a dream that was unlikely to ever happen.

For those of you mocking us as one hit wonders don't really get what it's like to be a fan of a club like Leicester. You'll never experience the joy we did when we won the title as it one a one shot deal for us. The last couple of months towards winning it I hated. I would be elated when we won and Tottenham would invariably play the next day and win and I would feel nauseous. I had anxiety pangs for the next five days and would wake up at 4am in the morning worrying about Leicester and not being able to get back to sleep. It didn't help that Tottenham were a machine up until the Chelsea match.

So take the piss about us going back to our level because you don't really get football if that's what you think. We lived the dream and enjoyed this once in a lifetime event more than the vast majority of you could ever imagine.

A lot of this is fair enough to be honest. I think most people do understand what a big thing it was for Leicester last season because it was an unexpected one off. But I think you misunderstand Tottenham a bit. We haven't been one of the big clubs. Yes, we've been a bigger club than Leicester over the premier league period, but we've never been able to compete with the big boys. We have been ridiculed and nearly men for decades, losing out to our rivals, food poisoning on the last day of the season missing out on CL, football rules being changed when we are denied CL even though we finished fourth, goal line technology coming in after we score the goal that never was at Old Trafford, developing world class players and having them stolen by bigger clubs, I could go on. Despite all that we have refused to accept our place and pushed and pushed to get better and properly challenge for the title.

Last year we get no credit for reaching that level and every one wrote us off for the first half of this season as if we just got lucky last year, as if it wasn't our genuine level. That simply wasn't true. It was for you, but not for us. You got lucky last year, we didn't. Nothing wrong with that; I'm not belittling what you achieved, just pointing out the reality that you did get a lot of luck with diving and holding players, no injuries, and had no European distractions, and you had every neutral wanting you to win and every other club helping you win, or rather just trying to stop us winning it. Spurs are hated, when we should be loved and that's because other big clubs hate that we have the ordacity to try and compete with them and reach their level on a permanent basis. That's fine. We don't care. We're used to doing it the hard way.

What you achieved you deserve credit for. And you got that credit in buckets. But you're not champions anymore, Chelsea won the title before we even played you so we didn't beat the champions the other day. That's the only reason why people are getting a bit tired of hearing the Leicester gloat because it's over, it has a time limit which has expired now. You won last season. Chelsea this season. We will win the title, eventually. And when we do we will enjoy it just as much as you did, maybe even more because we do expect to win it eventually, but it has been a long and painful wait, lots of almost moments already in the last two seasons, and we've got to where we are not through good luck, but despite bad luck. We will have earned it just as much as you, arguably even more.

And also, when we win it it'll be playing the best football. That's important to Spurs. I don't blame you for playing the way you did, you got to set up the best way your squad allows, but for us, playing the most attractive football is the most important thing. We would rather finish mid table playing the best football than win playing defensive for all but a few minutes of the 90. It's harder to win that way. Conte knows the easier way to win as well. When we win the title it will be as one of the most memorable, entertaining footballing sides and we won't be forgotten. So we have that in common, Leicester's title won't be forgotten. Neither will ours. Chelsea's on the other hand? No one will remember that.

They won the league. Fair enough. But then they became insufferable muggy little cunts giving it large. That total lack of class and odious behaviour will come back to haunt them.

I don't hate hem, they are too low down the food chain to give hat much of a shit about.

That said, I sincerely wish them nothing but ill from here on forward.

I've heard a lot of supporters of big clubs belittle out title win as a "one off" and "it will never happen again".

What a lot of you fail to understand is the vast majority of Leicester fans are either from Leicestershire or have ties to the area. You won't find many Leicester fans in Southend, Poole or Lancaster like you do the big clubs. My lifetime ambition as a Leicester fan was to see us win the FA Cup or a couple of European qualifications. To become Champions of England and get to the QF's of the Champions League was only ever a dream that was unlikely to ever happen.

For those of you mocking us as one hit wonders don't really get what it's like to be a fan of a club like Leicester. You'll never experience the joy we did when we won the title as it one a one shot deal for us. The last couple of months towards winning it I hated. I would be elated when we won and Tottenham would invariably play the next day and win and I would feel nauseous. I had anxiety pangs for the next five days and would wake up at 4am in the morning worrying about Leicester and not being able to get back to sleep. It didn't help that Tottenham were a machine up until the Chelsea match.

So take the piss about us going back to our level because you don't really get football if that's what you think. We lived the dream and enjoyed this once in a lifetime event more than the vast majority of you could ever imagine.

You don't care about getting humiliated 6-1 at but you took the time to sign up to a Spurs forum and write an essay.

Mug

Up to your final paragraph I have no problem with that. You don't seem to understand though, we're not taking the piss because you won the title, but because of your muggy, no mark behavior. You couldn't enjoy your success with any grace or class could you? You had to come out with the "third in a two horse race" crap, and even this season your lot are flocking onto this board like locusts. Do yourselves a favour and drop the rivalry bullshit, you're not our rivals and you only make yourselves look more stupid when you're getting beaten by six.

Back
Top Bottom