The mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. This small club from Leicester

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Certainly is odd for us to have 2 dead rubbers and to have actually achieved something........there were countless seasons in the 90's and 00's where we'd have about 9 games of floating around 12th place with nothing to play for

I guess it's not where you're coming from, but we have not "achieved" anything per-say and therefore have not earned the right to coast.

Guaranteed 2nd place is definitely an achievement.

Just an interpretation/semantic thing I guess.... Rest on our laurels WHEN we win the (real) prize is all I'm getting at.

Not trying to be a buzz kill.

Edit: Nevermind Wembley; I'm fucking hungry for next season already... Gonna be a looooooong summer!

I can't believe someone hasn't started a match thread and the match is Thursday!

I'm going same squad as against Utd except with Dembele in for Son and Walker in for Trippier.

0-2 to the mighty Spurs!

What is it with all this childish and puerile "Mighty Tottenham" cobblers?
FFS, can you lot not just start a fucking match thread with something simple and bollocks free?
No wonder other fans think we are deluded.

If Walker is leaving I don't want to see him play ever again for Spurs. Play Trippier with CCV for backup. Let Walker carry water bottles.

No use playing Sissoko and Wimmer either since they are probably leaving. I'd go with Edwards, Nkoudo, Jansen or CCV as subs.

Ghastly Fixtur..... oh, no hang on, it really isn't now is it...?

I'd go with a mixture of Kids (Edwards, CCV) a smattering of Players who deserve one more run-out before the last day, or who haven't really featured this season (Wimmer/Lopez??) and maybe a couple of lucky fans plucked from the away end to get at least 10 minutes in the 2nd half!!!

Give the others a well deserved rest!

Certainly is odd for us to have 2 dead rubbers and to have actually achieved something........there were countless seasons in the 90's and 00's where we'd have about 9 games of floating around 12th place with nothing to play for
Or the flip side like last year where we needed just 2 points from our 4 final games and still couldn't manage it...

It'll be a weird game for sure... then again, so will Hull on Sunday, seeing as they're already down, and that was the fixture I was dreading about 6 weeks ago... for fear of another Newcastle scenario where we needed to just not fucking lose against an already relegated team to achieve 2nd place... this year though, no such worries.

Sunday will probably have a bit more of a 'Testimonial' feel about it, due to both teams knowing their fate... plus all the ex-Spurs players at Hull... THudd & Dawson will no doubt get a rousing reception from the away end... as will Mason if he's in attendance.... I really hope he is, and that the Spurs fans stay behind for the Hull/ex-Spurs players' lap of honour!

However, Thursday... for most of us, still feels like unfinished business!

Kane has to play. There's the golden boot still to go for.

I'd go strong for this because they will. No fucking about. The lads have got all summer & no international rubbish. So after the weekend, they can go do whatever they like for a few weeks. But I'd really like us to put this Leicester hoodoo to bed.

I like everyone's enthusiasm to "play the kids" but I'm pretty sure I saw a tweet a couple of days ago saying that a few of the youngsters have headed off on U21 World Cup duty for their respective countries (which begins in a few days). What a shame as it means we'll have to play our strongest side and tear the plastic clappers a new one!

----------------------Lloris---------------------
-----Dier---Alderweireld---Vertonghen----
Walker----Wanyama--Dembele----Davies
----------Eriksen-----------------Alli--------------
---------------------------Kane-----------------------

Back
Top Bottom