The mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. Plastic chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

OK so lets give this forum one more chance and hope certain posters here can behave like grown men. Instead of throwing their toys out of the pram cause they don't like to hear different opinions.

I made a comment the other day that Wembley is too big for us. I stand by that we had about 20000 empty seats for a Chelsea game,the atmosphere was poor as Courtois mentioned and they had to use the tannoy to try and create atmosphere. This is gonna be a problem for us we are not used to it.

We just have to tough it out and get through the season. It will have empty seats but we didn't have much choice when it came to it really. The main thing is getting the new stadium ready for the start of next season as any delays or hold ups leading to another year at Wembley really wouldn't be the one

If you and your mates buy match day tickets then it will reduce the empty seats by two wont it!

my link was in reply to someone else saying we only sold 70k tickets and if we couldn't sell out chavs we have no hope, so I was pointing out it was restricted to 70k any way...... cunts probably never even been to the lane, let alone Wembley saying that I went by myself on Sunday, but that's because she don't have any mates.......

:goonermong:

Driving around with football flags on the back of your truck. I think it's tacky.
lol, no. i'm american, not southern.

tailgates.jpg

This is tailgating before games.

Ah, ok. This is not what I was expecting.

So, what, you all just turn up and have a picnic out of the back of your trucks?
It's a bit more elaborate than that. Games are events here, it's just a different culture. It's basically a big party before the game. We bring portable grills, coolers, beers, liquor, food, drinks, radios, games to play. We'll typically show up 4-5 hours before the game starts to start cooking and drinking. Same thing you may do at the Torch, but we do it with our own food and beer. It's a great experience.

One thing to remember, american football is only played once a week. So college only gets 6-7 home games, and NFL only gets 8 (excluding playoffs). So we turn the game into an all day event.

It's a bit more elaborate than that. Games are events here, it's just a different culture. It's basically a big party before the game. We bring portable grills, coolers, beers, liquor, food, drinks, radios, games to play. We'll typically show up 4-5 hours before the game starts to start cooking and drinking. Same thing you may do at the Torch, but we do it with our own food and beer. It's a great experience.

One thing to remember, american football is only played once a week. So college only gets 6-7 home games, and NFL only gets 8 (excluding playoffs). So we turn the game into an all day event.

Did yous do this during the pre-season tour??
I think this is amazing!! :)

Only problem I foresee is walking into the stadium after 5 hours of drinking beforehand :)

I'm looking forward to the match against the Woolwich at Wembley when we all rock up in the car park, erect the gazibos and share friendly banter, sausages and cold beers.
:dierpochhug:

Only problem I foresee is walking into the stadium after 5 hours of drinking beforehand :)
The match in Nashville had a pretty solid tailgate and a ton of Spurs all over town, lots of partying before/after the match.

Really, there's little difference between the pre/post match experience for US sports games and those over in Europe. The major difference being in the US it all revolves mostly around the massive car-parks that ring stadiums here, which are largely off in the outskirts of the cities and well away from walking-distance boozers - whereas there are a number of pubs right around the corner from WHL and the like. Suburban sprawl has destroyed US city centers, and where they do exist (NY, LA, San Francisco) land is exorbitantly priced to the point that no one is sticking a stadium there. (NY and LA have both tried, numerous times, to get a stadium located in the city center)

I'm looking forward to the match against the Woolwich at Wembley when we all rock up in the car park, erect the gazibos and share friendly banter, sausages and cold beers.
:dierpochhug:
In no way am I suggesting one is better than the other. Different experiences, but both great.

I will say it's nice not having to wait in a queue for 20 minutes for a pint at the pub.

I wasn't able to make the game closest to me unfortunately.

You definitely have to pace yourself. the key is to stop drinking once inside so you can sober up during the game.

In no way am I suggesting one is better than the other. Different experiences, but both great.

I will say it's nice not having to wait in a queue for 20 minutes for a pint at the pub.

I'd love to experience the tailgate phenomenon, the pre-match booze, banter and BBQ seems a lot of fun and very civilised. Unfortunately, with the long history of fan rivalry and match day violence that was (and sometimes still is) a regular occurrence, there's no way that a similar gathering could take place here.

I'd love to experience the tailgate phenomenon, the pre-match booze, banter and BBQ seems a lot of fun and very civilised. Unfortunately, with the long history of fan rivalry and match day violence that was (and sometimes still is) a regular occurrence, there's no way that a similar gathering could take place here.

Just drink a bottle of buckfast & hang out in a Lidl car park occasionally shouting "USA" & eating whatever you find in bins.

It's a great day out.

Back
Top Bottom