The mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Im halfway through re wathcing the first half.

The main thing Im thinking is that we are playing very well. It has really surprised me as being stressed out yesterday made me see a totally different game. Not creating much, but Palace are bang up for the tackle.

The second thing is that our fans are very loud. Palace have a habit of singing the same thing for 10 minutes.....and when there is a lull, its just someone banging the shit out of a drum.

Most of its a drone, and they have about 3 songs. I think you lot were brilliant as ever last night.
I always try to watch a game back if I can find the time, especially the very nervous ones. I've watched all of the first half back today and we were not bad at all! Palace put a couple of crosses over in the first 5/6 mins and had there were two other moments, an untidily dealt with clearance from a corner and a shot over the bar from Townsend, that was it, nothing all a bit meh. We did create anything of real quality but there were two cases of better composure we could have fashioned a proper clear cut chance. Again, I think the commentary has so much influence on how the game is viewed e.g. praising Sakko for a routine header, whilst not saying anything when Vertonghen skilfully brings the ball out of defence whilst taking on and beating the oppo. It's all very subtle but seems to add up to a general feeling that we are shit.

I always try to watch a game back if I can find the time, especially the very nervous ones. I've watched all of the first half back today and we were not bad at all! Palace put a couple of crosses over in the first 5/6 mins and had there were two other moments, an untidily dealt with clearance from a corner and a shot over the bar from Townsend, that was it, nothing all a bit meh. We did create anything of real quality but there were two cases of better composure we could have fashioned a proper clear cut chance. Again, I think the commentary has so much influence on how the game is viewed e.g. praising Sakko for a routine header, whilst not saying anything when Vertonghen skilfully brings the ball out of defence whilst taking on and beating the oppo. It's all very subtle but seems to add up to a general feeling that we are shit.

Im into the second half.....Palace taking 20-30 seconds every throw in with half hour left

For me last night the turning point seemed to be the following:

Sakho went down injured for a long time, their fans started singing "you're gonna win fuck all", we responded with "you've never won fuck all", the atmosphere got better, then when play restarted we really got behind the team, then our boys started playing better. First half many of us were trying to get songs going but we weren't loud enough and were outsung by Palace, unusual at an away game.

Am I overplaying our importance as fans? I feel that we can be the twelfth man at times.
The first half was not great on or off the pitch. It felt like one big depressed hangover. The best way to cure a hangover is to drink. The extra beers at HT lifted the fans. Moving away from the moaning Paxton brigade (and some old dude literally licking his radio) worked a bit for me too. Basically the whole club woke up and turned up the intensity in the second half. We stayed positive. We kept working, passing, running, singing and believing... and then a bit of magic won it.

The first half was not great on or off the pitch. It felt like one big depressed hangover. The best way to cure a hangover is to drink. The extra beers at HT lifted the fans. Moving away from the moaning Paxton brigade (and some old dude literally licking his radio) worked a bit for me too. Basically the whole club woke up and turned up the intensity in the second half. We stayed positive. We kept working, passing, running, singing and believing... and then a bit of magic won it.
Haha, have noted many a time the singing improves after half time beers.

BFS saying Moss was on our side.
Puncheon should have been booked twice. Early doors on Dembele - which done him and makes him doubtful for Sunday- and then for hacking at Victor just before Wanyama got kicked by luka whatshisname and booked.
Luka whatshisname should have also been booked long before he elbowed Alli in the chest. Especially for the assault on Kane just after Sakho did himself damage trying to take him out.

Back
Top Bottom