The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur V BVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A quick shout for Ben Davies when it came to our third. The ball comes into him and he one touch lays it off to Eriksen which leaves Dortmund a little flat footed. Gives Eriksen enough space to look up and roll it into Kane.

More of that in and around the oppositions box and it
L leave defenders chasing shadows. Well done Ben

One of my happiest nights in 20 years as a Spurs fan.
We showed something I didn't think we had tonight, and that was a plan B. At liverpool last season a lot of us were begging Poch to have us sit deep and play the counter-attack. We didn't and we got demolished. Tonight was a proper European performance; recognise your opponents strengths and counter them.
Lloris 7 Distribution was standard Lloris but one great save
Aurier 7.5 Rash on a couple of occasions but definitely has great quality
Alderweireld 8 As imperious as ever
Sanchez 8.5 Early days but looks the business
Vertonghen 9 For me since Christmas last year has outshone Alderweireld and again tonight; so good with the ball .at his feet but also a reads the game incredibly
Davies 8.5 Whose name is Danny Rose?
Dembele 5.5 Probably the worst I've seen him play tbf (and I'm a massive Moussa advocate)
Dier 7 Solid
Son 7.5 Amazing goal but docked .5 because he should have had a second
Eriksen 7.5 Not great at times but an assist and will always create something
Kane 9.5 Incredible all night and he's one of our own! What a player
See where you're coming from but disagree on a few points

Lloris 7
Aurier 8, if only for that weird dummy thing
Alderweireld 8.5
Sanchez 7.5
Vertonghen 9 and my MotM
Davies 8.5
Dembele 6.5. Thought he was "tidy"
Dier 7.5 Bossed the CM
Son 7.5
Eriksen 8.5
Kane 9

I wanted to see him with "Davinson" on his shirt. More wedge for the club shop and more original, Sánchez's are two a penny. Here's a thing tho, I was down with calling him DAVinson but a commentator at the weekend called him DavINson. So I checked and no, he doesn't have an accent on the "á" so I guess the commentator was right (there are complex Spanish pronunciation rules in play here, you'll have to trust me).

Dazza it is then. Or Dave.
Dazza

See where you're coming from but disagree on a few points

Lloris 7
Aurier 8, if only for that weird dummy thing
Alderweireld 8.5
Sanchez 7.5
Vertonghen 9 and my MotM
Davies 8.5
Dembele 6.5. Thought he was "tidy"
Dier 7.5 Bossed the CM
Son 7.5
Eriksen 8.5
Kane 9
Yeah for me maybe with Dembele and Aldeweireld it is the bigotry of high expectations, but defo with dembele tonight he was outplayed in a way I've not seen before

I think this game is to this team what Inter Milan away was to that team years ago. Now we know what we can do and we can do even better.

I know we will win this competition one day

Sanchez is insane. Handled Aubameyang with consumate ease.
Seeing as you mention, did you all enjoy his disallowed goal as much as I did, especially as it supposedly should have stood?

Something about the bloke really annoys me, maybe it's his silly hair. Reminds of that cunt Gervaise a bit...
Gervinho.jpg

A quick shout for Ben Davies when it came to our third. The ball comes into him and he one touch lays it off to Eriksen which leaves Dortmund a little flat footed. Gives Eriksen enough space to look up and roll it into Kane.

More of that in and around the oppositions box and it
L leave defenders chasing shadows. Well done Ben
Who the fuck decides it's a good idea to leave kane unmarked... Only one outcome

I think this game is to this team what Inter Milan away was to that team years ago. Now we know what we can do and we can do even better.

I know we will win this competition one day
Except we won this one.
I was at that Inter game, it always annoys me a bit how it's been rebadged as a success story, like Dunkirk and the Charge of the Light Brigade
Stunning hat trick mind
:harrysmile:

Itv tosser reckons Kane has scored the same amount of goals this calendar year as Ronaldo (not the fat one)

Oh and Keano reckons Harry is already world class, no digs about needing to move to a 'bigger club'

Back
Top Bottom