The Mighty Spurs vs Karren Brady's Bunch (of twats) (AWAY) 19:45 - 02/03/16

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We dominated Swansea, City and Fiorentina no? Our only poor performances recently were West Ham and Palace. We're the form team in the entire league. How are we not having good performances?

Whether we are putting performances in or not playing well. It's hard to argue that we had won six on the bounce prior to losing last night. Teams that win championships are the ones that dig out results when it's not going well for them. We have recovered 17pts from losing positions, that's the best in the league. We've only lost 4 games so far and it's already March, which is completely unheard of with regards to us. There are still 30pts to play for and we're 3pts from those rodent cunts, they will also drop points as their run of fixtures whilst looking easy are actually against teams scrapping for survival.

I think this is the last game Poch and the team underestimate the east end lot. We have learned plenty of what willingness to win a football game can do to an opposition. He will know to put out the most physical team against them from hereon now.
Let's bring on Woolwich.

We dominated Swansea, City and Fiorentina no? Our only poor performances recently were West Ham and Palace. We're the form team in the entire league. How are we not having good performances?
You too are confusing performances with results.

I agree with what you write as for the results, less so for performances.

City were very poor (which a shambolic LFC team proves last night) and the performance didn't honour the result - Fiorentina first leg was a very poor performance too. Palace very obviously quite poor too.

From the games you mention, the standout performances were clearly Fiorentina replay, but much more so Swansea. The latter a game, were performance mismatched result yet again, this one should have been about a 6-1 win. Brilliant turnaround performance.

I appreciate that you may not agree, but as much as we may be an on form team on league results, I think performances have been more than just a bit wobbly. Hence my original post about being worried, that we may not look like a team about to hit results form for coming fixtures.

Oh, a bright spark is that Woolwich home are next. Wouldn't want any other fixture tbh. There is no way they can and will copy West Hams tactics. Imagine if we had to bounce back away to Sunderland or Stoke, haha.

You too are confusing performances with results.

I agree with what you write as for the results, less so for performances.

City were very poor (which a shambolic LFC team proves last night) and the performance didn't honour the result - Fiorentina first leg was a very poor performance too. Palace very obviously quite poor too.

From the games you mention, the standout performances were clearly Fiorentina replay, but much more so Swansea. The latter a game, were performance mismatched result yet again, this one should have been about a 6-1 win. Brilliant turnaround performance.

I appreciate that you may not agree, but as much as we may be an on form team on league results, I think performances have been more than just a bit wobbly. Hence my original post about being worried, that we may not look like a team about to hit results form for coming fixtures.

Oh, a bright spark is that Woolwich home are next. Wouldn't want any other fixture tbh. There is no way they can and will copy West Hams tactics. Imagine if we had to bounce back away to Sunderland or Stoke, haha.
No I am not. I think we have had excellent results, and excellent performances recently.

It doesn't matter if City were poor, we played excellently against them and performed well. We weren't abhorrent against Palace and got an important away goal against Fiorentina in the first leg. We do not look anything like a team that is about to drop off for mine. I think we'll comfortably do away with the scum (especially without Cech). Can't wait for the Dortmund games. Will really test how far we've come.

Its also important to add, expectations change throughout the season. Before the season started just earning a champions league place was our aim. As it is starting to feel that we have surpassed that goal and are in a battle for top spot, I feel reverting back to the phrase "before the season started we would of taken where we are so its not all that bad" is a naive outlook. We have had a storming season so far and for me our expectation has exceeded that of simply 4th place and we should now be aiming, or expecting a top 3 if not top 2 finish.

Of course if we do finish 4th it will feel strangely odd to say "im disapointeded we didn't finish higher" but at this moment in time we need to apply the pressure and get back to winning ways. I'm just glad our "slip up" came now and hopefully its out of the way.

On to the weekend. COYS!
Agree that until January a top 4 place was the target. Now I am thinking 4th only gets a play off slot early in the season when all the players that played in the euros will either be still on hols or not match fit. We need top 3 at least to ensure we play in group stages

Bizarre to say but that loss could be what wins us the title.

It refocuses the mentality of Poch and the squad.

"No More Fuck Ups!"

I'm not ready to start melting yet, this season has been amazing for us and there is still a lot to play for at the moment. We can start with smashing those Woolwich cunts, they have to be at their lowest ebb this season and we can do ourselves a big favour by applying the finishing move to their sorry season.

Cech mate.

pawns2.jpg

Watch that Totti Totti mofo on the left!

Too right. We were so poor last night I'm hoping Poch gets a computer in to play the NLD on our behalf.

No I am not. I think we have had excellent results, and excellent performances recently.

It doesn't matter if City were poor, we played excellently against them and performed well. We weren't abhorrent against Palace and got an important away goal against Fiorentina in the first leg. We do not look anything like a team that is about to drop off for mine. I think we'll comfortably do away with the scum (especially without Cech). Can't wait for the Dortmund games. Will really test how far we've come.
What, is Cech injured? :harrylol:

It refocuses the mentality of Poch and the squad.

"No More Fuck Ups!"

I'm not ready to start melting yet, this season has been amazing for us and there is still a lot to play for at the moment. We can start with smashing those Woolwich cunts, they have to be at their lowest ebb this season and we can do ourselves a big favour by applying the finishing move to their sorry season.

I think West Ham just didn't let us play. Kane missed a couple that on another day would have been buried.

We could even lose on Saturday and still win in the end. But losing last night was an eye opener to the players. They are not used to it and it annoys them.

Im so pleased to see rational talk on here instead of the usual cunt-off. From my perch in the opposite corner to you lot last night I had a shocking evening. Surrounded by cunts. I was thinking pre-game it would be just my luck that Spurs will batter them and I wont be able to celebrate a single thing. So of course we barely even have a shot at goal and my cover remained intact without so much as a slight chance of being found out. The Bolyn pub beforehand was interesting. They spent an hour throwing beer on each other and singing that one song about Payet that doesn't rhyme. Embarrassing.

Despite their fans being utter shit-houses, I thought their players were drilled and totally suffocated us. Very impressed by their performance/tactics and the other results saved our night.

No doubt we'll come back stronger as we have from previous defeats.

Never sitting with the opposition again.

My two pence.

Shit to lose, but I see little to suggest any kind of collapse is on the cards, really.

On last night:

1. This was West Ham’s ‘cup final’ and all that. Ferocious atmosphere on a wet and windy night. And, let’s face it, they played (the game) well.
2. Add to that a poor early goal.
3. Add to that a ref on their side.
4. Add to that the loss of Dembele AND Alli (we can cope without one, we have been, but losing both seriously dents our midfield dominance, at least in the tougher games).

On the title challenge:
1. All the Top Four dropped points, so little has changed really.
2. West Ham, AWAY, was probably our toughest remaining fixture, next to Chelsea away. Yeah we lost. We had to lose sometime – so at least we lost a game that was never a guaranteed win, rather than a sucker-punch defeat like a Swansea at home.
3. A win on Sat (against a collapsing Arse without Cech, Cazorla, Oxlade, Koscienly etc) and we got top, albeit for a few hours. Our home crowd will be as up for this as WHU’s was last night.
4. Demebele and Alli will be back.
5. Every time we’ve lost a league game we’ve gone on 6/7-game winning runs. If we start one of these by going 6 points clear of our closest chaser (7, really, bearing in mind our +11GD), we’ll be favourites again, if not holding top spot, in a week or two.

Im so pleased to see rational talk on here instead of the usual cunt-off. From my perch in the opposite corner to you lot last night I had a shocking evening. Surrounded by cunts. I was thinking pre-game it would be just my luck that Spurs will batter them and I wont be able to celebrate a single thing. So of course we barely even have a shot at goal and my cover remained intact without so much as a slight chance of being found out. The Bolyn pub beforehand was interesting. They spent an hour throwing beer on each other and singing that one song about Payet that doesn't rhyme. Embarrassing.

Despite their fans being utter shit-houses, I thought their players were drilled and totally suffocated us. Very impressed by their performance/tactics and the other results saved our night.

No doubt we'll come back stronger as we have from previous defeats.

Never sitting with the opposition again.

That's the thing. Not worth getting too upset really. End of the day, they deserved to win. They seemed to want it more, had more energy and had 11 players 'on it'.

Back
Top Bottom