The Mighty Spurs Vs. Everton .KO - 5th March 1:30 pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I saw a big group of blokes on seven sisters before the game, and thought they were Dutch. One had an Ajax jacket on but could have been the lads you saw...

Also the Kyle Walker song is quality. Never heard it before! Deserves a song, about time..
1882 were singing that one a few years back. Never really caught on much at the time!

It's the Koreans fault!! Those handshakes i mean. Weird that the press have just jumped on it, we've been doing it all season.

My view is: They're young, let them act like young people. Its a bit cringy but its one of those things that opposing fans will jump on because its football and people will do anything to have a dig, but they'd be loving it if it was their own team banging the goals in.

I personally hope we keep seeing it every week.

hatersgonnahate_05d460_3317189.jpg

Loving a bit of Barney Ronay this morning:

Harry Kane finds pocket of calm amid Spurs’ high energy against Everton | Barney Ronay

"Kyle Walker was once again relentless, haring up and down his flank in apparent desperation all afternoon, great gnarly arms pumping, like a light-heavyweight boxer fleeing a nuclear blast zone. Wanyama robbed Tom Davies rather brutally by the touchline, taking the ball with a single swivel of his prodigious thighs, the thighs of four normal men compressed together into a single pair of avenging shorts."

Don't know why people get so upset - it's almost reverse racism I think.....if they were Brazilian everyone would love it

Most of it was homophobic, tbh.

I think people are getting rattled that we seem to have a core of players who are a team on the training ground, rather than just on the pitch when it suits. It's starting to look like we have maybe 5 or 6 in the starting lineup who are like best friends, which is translating into group mentality and thus decent team play.

It's the Koreans fault!! Those handshakes i mean. Weird that the press have just jumped on it, we've been doing it all season.

My view is: They're young, let them act like young people. Its a bit cringy but its one of those things that opposing fans will jump on because its football and people will do anything to have a dig, but they'd be loving it if it was their own team banging the goals in.

I personally hope we keep seeing it every week.

hatersgonnahate_05d460_3317189.jpg

I love it, I think it's symbolic of the tight bond the squad has. And if it pisses off the bitter, jealous, sour fans of other clubs then all the better!

Another reason for me not to get social media. I obviously don't understand the hidden significance in the handshakes, they seem a bit of harmless fun, and if schoolkids copy this, I'd rather they do that than copy elbows in the face or bad mouthing the refs (even when they deserve it!). And surely it's a lot safer than sliding on your knees or jumping on someone's back - fraught with the possibility of an injury. TBH, I don't usually notice the players' celebrations, as I'm usually too busy with my own!!!

Dont really think you can attribute their goals to him going off. Jan fell over for their first and the second came from a set piece (Toby at fault?)..... Would we have scored our 3rd with Dembele on the pitch?

100% nailed on Dier sleepwalking again. As good as we may think he is, in a back three he is very much the weak link.

I don't care one bit about the handshakes. They're having a bit of fun, nothing more. And the reaction to it from fans and pundits is about as predictable as when Kane's called a 'tap in merchant', "penalty stat padder' etc. Jealousy.

Also the handshakes pre-dates Son's arrival. Kane and Eriksen did a less intricate one after the 5-3 win over Chelsea.

It's Kane's thing I suspect.

I obviously don't understand the hidden significance in the handshakes

Not so much hidden significance, more blatant tbh.

It's just a poignant sign that they must get along well off the pitch and have quite a close friendship if they're all coming up with little things like that. It suggests more of a bond between the core group (like they have a little club, rather than just being at one).

Unless Poch has thrown in secret handshake drills into training, it's signifying a positive nucleus to the team relationships.

Back
Top Bottom