The Mighty Spurs Vs. Everton .KO - 5th March 1:30 pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I saw a big group of blokes on seven sisters before the game, and thought they were Dutch. One had an Ajax jacket on but could have been the lads you saw...

Also the Kyle Walker song is quality. Never heard it before! Deserves a song, about time..

Really did Everton deserve anything from that game?
Shouldn't have had 2 goals.
If we wouldn't have score the third they wouldn't have scored their 2nd.
We outplayed them really.
Disappointed we conceded one, let alone 2.
That's the new Spurs era for you.
Not content with just the wins anymore but the goals conceded also.
Oh Mr Pochettino you are spoiling us.

Just want a result that reflects the game. They didn't have a sniff until the slip. Next goal is just a long ball in and we'd already gone back to the dressing room. We were all over em whole game. 3 points. Bring on Millwall.

Embarrassingly made my first trip down to WHL this season today, has taken me far too long to sort it. Managed to get allocated a ticket in block 35 south lower which was incredible. Have been a bit disappointed with the atmosphere the last few trips down, but standing the whole game with what is surely the loudest section of the ground made the game so enjoyable.

Spurs also played some great football and I sung my throat sore, quality stuff.

Looking at Vertonghen slip I think he goes down because Lukaku grabs his shirt, he pulls and Lukaku let's go straight away,
Souness was saying it was a nudge and strength.
It wasn't.
It was a quick tug on the shirt.

Nothing like a quick tug

:ledleylick:

Sorry didn't realise joke already made!

:walkercry::pochrolleyes:

I think the BBC has accidentally revealed the naming rights for the new stadium. 5Live said in several reports we won today at Goodison Park, and when they stopped they've changed to 'at home'.

Indeed, and if you want an example of a player carrying a team - look no further than Sanchez.

Kane does not carry our team like Sanchez does with Woolwich. In fact, it often feels like Kane's goals are dependent upon the service that our other players provide him with.
If you also want an example of a tap in merchant- look no further than Zlatan.

My take on the game today (sorry if I'm repeating what's already been reported... no I'm not really sorry at all, haven't got time to trawl the whole thread).
We were as erratic as the weather today. Started off all nice and sunny, but then the rain and wind came along and threathened to ruin the whole day.
We were cruising until they scored, and then it was an anxious last 10 minutes, Delli's goal just about got rid of the butterflies, couldn't believe they got another before I had even stopped jumping up and down.
Where did the ref get 4 mins for added time from? Thought he was poor today, must have been on that stag party!!
Thought Harry took his goals really well, was willing him to get a third, but not to be this time - he can save it for next week :)
Jan, Kyle and Ben Davies had good games, in my opinion, but Christian just didn't get going for me - he bottled out of a few tackles, which annoyed me.
I do wonder if we have the killer instinct and mental toughness that winners need. Are we taking our foot off the gas too early? Maybe I'm being a tad unreasonable in wanting us to slaughter teams when we have the upper hand, but other teams will take advantage of us switching off.
I do go to WHL now expecting us to win, no matter who we play, hope we can keep it up until the end of the season.

Get to all of 'em for the rest of the season !
I'm trying, trust me, but as a lowly Bronze member with circa 120 points, I'm missing out on some of the ballots. Plus it's a fair trek to go every week when it takes approx 3hrs each way.

Seeing as there's only two more ballots - Scum and Man U, I suspect Southampton will be my last visit to The "Old" Lane. :vdvcry:

My take on the game today (sorry if I'm repeating what's already been reported... no I'm not really sorry at all, haven't got time to trawl the whole thread).
We were as erratic as the weather today. Started off all nice and sunny, but then the rain and wind came along and threathened to ruin the whole day.
We were cruising until they scored, and then it was an anxious last 10 minutes, Delli's goal just about got rid of the butterflies, couldn't believe they got another before I had even stopped jumping up and down.
Where did the ref get 4 mins for added time from? Thought he was poor today, must have been on that stag party!!
Thought Harry took his goals really well, was willing him to get a third, but not to be this time - he can save it for next week :)
Jan, Kyle and Ben Davies had good games, in my opinion, but Christian just didn't get going for me - he bottled out of a few tackles, which annoyed me.
I do wonder if we have the killer instinct and mental toughness that winners need. Are we taking our foot off the gas too early? Maybe I'm being a tad unreasonable in wanting us to slaughter teams when we have the upper hand, but other teams will take advantage of us switching off.
I do go to WHL now expecting us to win, no matter who we play, hope we can keep it up until the end of the season.

I think Chris made some really sloppy errors today that facilitated a few of their breaks, possibly one led to the counter attack and first goal? Can't remember (been a long day!).

He's certainly wearing Paulinho's shooting boots lately, and has the tackling effect of Casper the Friendly Ghost, but does still spark the midfield.

Unfortunately, we've seen in the last few games why Dembele isn't under threat in his position - when he comes off, we leak goals.

Williams had the arse hole all game for some reason.
Looke d like he didn't give a bollocks most of the game, was a yard off the pace and cunted the ref a couple of times with strange outburst when he mugged himself off. Complaining about fouls that never were previously. Don't know how he never got booked for dissent. " should have given a fucking foul up there" the 2nd one.
Then that tirade when he should have been marshalling his back line for the 2nd, again at Oliver, who did nothing again, claiming that it should have been a foul before their keeper got hold of the ball against Walker. Cost him a goal that one.
the front of the cunt when he got away twice. Once without a booking and once for pulling down the last Man between himself and the keeper, in the box, intentionally, no attempt at playing the ball.
What a waste of money
He cost more than Alderwiereld and at his age, he's done really.

Last edited:
I think we were pretty shattered by the 2nd and to be honest I didn't really think they threatened us that much. They saw a bit more of the game, but did nothing really.
Up until they scored, and it was fortunate that Vertonghen fell over otherwise I doubt Lukakau would have got anywhere near having a shot, they had had one decent effort on goal.
80 mns!
Of course they then got going.
We could have scored at least one other goal during that time we took our foot of the pedal, maybe two.
The 3rd was well deserved and we then switched off, I didn't think it was even a free kick, and they got another undeserved goal. You can half understand us doing that, but it's not happening again.
I still thought we were never in doubt, even when they scored, although it makes it nerve racking. I just don't think they had enough to worry us.
I think he fucked up. If he would have brought on Lookman for Barry and then Mirralas for Davies instead of sticking with 3 dms when 2 down he may have fared better when they pulled one back, or before. Yet Koeman seemed to still be worried even when we took our foot of the gas.
I think you're the same as me now. Sick when we concede, as we don't look like doing so, regardless of the result.
Says how far we have come.

Back
Top Bottom