The Mighty Spurs Vs. Everton .KO - 5th March 1:30 pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I want to say fair play to LEGO Boy LEGO Boy for passing on his ticket at face value. It might be my last time at the old Lane and I must admit did bring a tear to the eye walking out into the stand.

I was surprised how poor Everton were today. With both sides pushed up it got tight in midfield and that played right into our hands, with Wan and Moose running the show. Barkley & Davis etc couldn't get on the ball, so they ended up going long to Lukaku, meat and drink to Toby and Jan. Some dirty stuff from them too. Another very convincing team performance from us til we took our foot off the pedal late on. Their two goals totally flattered them. Could see us going unbeaten to the end of the season at home now.

:tobyarm:

i'll say it , Harry Kane is carrying this team more so than last season. The others need to chip in more with goals.

Everyone plays a vital role in this team, harry is scoring the goals, but you know what he is a fucking striker, it's his job....
Bit like saying Hugo is saving goals as he is the keeper.....
We are such a cohesive unit these days wouldn't say any particular player is carrying the team..........

Everton have been talked up a lot, but really they looked nothing special.

Maybe the honorary scousers were up all night with Barkley, Baines and Davies celebrating that farce of a fight they called the Heavyweight title.
The state of boxing today.

Thought Janssen actually showed his worth with his short cameo today - he's a battering ram of a striker and needs to play tight on the last defender fighting for the ball, scrapping and taking whacks from the opposition is the only thing he's better at than Kane.

In the 5 league games Kane never played we scored 6goals, won 2 drew 3.
Yet Out of the first 5 games he played we scored 8 winning 3 and drawing 2.
He scored 2 of those 8.
We also scored 7 goals winning against Hull. Chelsea and Burnley with Kane and he didn't score any.
Every team needs a goalscorer.
Luckily we have one of the best.
I ain't going to moan about it.
Kane is not the Greath Bale of this team.

how on earth did everton get 2 goals!
we were more than worthy winners, 'he's just a 1 season wonder' was superb...as was the pissed bloke in the paxton lower, great value

Everyone plays a vital role in this team, harry is scoring the goals, but you know what he is a fucking striker, it's his job....
Bit like saying Hugo is saving goals as he is the keeper.....
We are such a cohesive unit these days wouldn't say any particular player is carrying the team..........
Indeed, and if you want an example of a player carrying a team - look no further than Sanchez.

Kane does not carry our team like Sanchez does with Woolwich. In fact, it often feels like Kane's goals are dependent upon the service that our other players provide him with.

Finally able to do my "just back from the game" post.

A 6-0 game that ends 3-2.....can only be Spurs. We murdered them, and thought they were as poor as their fans. Not a peep.

Stood in 31 and the noise was really good actually.

Jan was immense, but shame about the slip for Lukaku, at least I think it was him?

Davies was brilliant today, but fuck me he likes to head first time instead of taking simple balls down on his chest.

Kyle is fast as fuck in real time. Ridiculous!

Ref was a fucking absolute cock. I have no idea what he was doing. Really poor.

Was a bit sad leaving as that's my last trip to The Lane now...had to have a good few last looks as I headed for the stairs, but she does look dated now behind the scenes I will admit. Still, a proper ground, a Queen of history...getting all emotional now.

Anyway, great day, fucking love Spurs

I think we are all cherishing visits to WHL this season, got tickets for the next 3 waiting on Bournemouth and doubt ill have enough points for the last 2 and like Potch was quoted as saying we miss the place already. I get what he means and am really excited each time a home game comes around, like being a kid again COYS

Last edited:
What a team we have.. This lot has it all, 3-2 flattered the Toffee's. We should have been 4-0 up at half time.

Was nice to see Davies up his game and looked more comfortable in this set-up.
I'm just so glad that useless pile of Dung Schneiderlin chose Man Utd, he isn't fit to lace Victors boots.

"He's just a one season wonder" made me chuckle.

th

Back
Top Bottom